#5 Marion County (29-8) vs. #3 Polk County (26-6)

Bangkok

yea rite those umps came out of Cookeville I think!!!! Def. not from around close! They could care less who wins....I believe the strike zone was a non issue when Shaw hurled it over his catchers head!!! Anyway....Central will advance and the Polk-Marion game will be decided by who gets timely hits and plays "D"

that was a great game and hope to c a rematch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With both teams ranked in the top 5 in Class AA, Marion and Polk will have a re match from earlier in the year at Grace Academy when Polk reeled in 10 runs and held Marion to just 1 hit. Polk is coming off of a horrible outing with the Chargers in the 5-AA championship game leaving around 8 or 9 runners on base, and making 5 or 6 errors in one inning allowing ALL 7 of Centrals runs to cross in the 5th inning and with Marion winning their 3rd straight D 6AA Championship by a whopping 12-0 victory over powerhouse Hixoson, and also Polk making it to the region tourney for the 1st time in 21 years, how will this game go?

Game is set for 8 est 7 central time, at Marion County High School, will it be Coach Roberts and his 5th ranked Warriors or Coach Tripplett and his 3rd ranked Wildcats?

can anyone explain to me how the polls are done and how polk is ranked 3rd ....i dont know bout marion but i am very confused about why schedule strenth plays no part in the ranking because i know that polks schedule strength was WEAK

Polk has a very talented team and Marion better not look ahead to rematch with Hixson. I'm sure some Marion folks have already made reservations for Murfreesboro. But 3peat and how many times you've been wherever means nothing now. Polk is hungry for a chance to advance further. Be very careful purple, Polk handled you earlier in the year.

did marion have all their players back during that game because i know they didnt when they played mcminn central and i know that played a factor in centrals win against them

did marion have all their players back during that game because i know they didnt when they played mcminn central and i know that played a factor in centrals win against them

Marion uses these tournaments more as practice than anything else. That's just my opinion; the coach rarely (actually never) shares his game plans with me. I can't remember if all injured players were back or not during the Polk game. Polk will see our strongest lineup next Monday. We'll need to play our best. Polk impressed me as a very strong team. Looking forward to a great game. Go Warriors.

In a tournament, especially late in the pool games or in the second or third day, you might have a fifth or sixth pitcher out there throwing. Normal district matchups with a number one or two usually out there are a lot better way to judge a team.

Should be a great game. Polk also impressed me earlier this year as did McMinn Central. I dont think Marion is scared in any way. I think they will show up. I hope the fans just keep a coming to support the boys for I know they really appreciate them being there. I cant wait til Monday. Good luck Warriors. Have a safe trip Wildcats.

Marion uses these tournaments more as practice than anything else. That's just my opinion; the coach rarely (actually never) shares his game plans with me. I can't remember if all injured players were back or not during the Polk game. Polk will see our strongest lineup next Monday. We'll need to play our best. Polk impressed me as a very strong team. Looking forward to a great game. Go Warriors.

alright man thanks

Should be a great game. Polk also impressed me earlier this year as did McMinn Central. I dont think Marion is scared in any way. I think they will show up. I hope the fans just keep a coming to support the boys for I know they really appreciate them being there. I cant wait til Monday. Good luck Warriors. Have a safe trip Wildcats.

does that include a couple of has beens?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

can anyone explain to me how the polls are done and how polk is ranked 3rd ....i dont know bout marion but i am very confused about why schedule strenth plays no part in the ranking because i know that polks schedule strength was WEAK

Let's not talk about schedule strength when both Central and Polk play in one of the weakest districts in the state. As for non-district games Polk's and Central's were very similar. As for being "OVER-RATED" the polls are by the coach's if I remember correctly so evidently some people brighter than you two fellows think Polk should be ranked. Believe it or not the Polk team you seen Wednesday is not the same Polk team that has been playing the whole year they made I believe 5-6 errors in this game. On another note Central Wednesday is not the same team that I have seen play previously at Loudon and elsewhere, they average about 3-4 errors per game but Wednesday they made none. That's baseball anyone can win on any given night!

does that include a couple of has beens?? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

absolutely, and anyone else you can bring with you /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />