Morgan County Spring practice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That DC was here at Bearden last few years & did go to the semi finals last year. I heard that he is relly enjoying his new job & he personally told me that the head coach there is running the offense & that the offense will be hard to stop. Defensively he said that they are starting to pick things up. Good luck to Wartburg!

nice scrimmage huh, but both teams are gonna have to pick it up if they wanna have any chance at coalfield. wartburg looked better than sunbright not much but they did, the D looked better than anything, but heard coalfield had a young secondary take advantage of that and its not hard short pass the he** out of them. then deep ball works every time. but as far as the scrimmage sunbright what a trip lol, always high hopes, i remeber somoone pickin them to beat c-town last year and coalfield threw all over them, so ya get used to hearin about sunbright bein great but u can see for yourself there a trip...........

nice scrimmage huh, but both teams are gonna have to pick it up if they wanna have any chance at coalfield. wartburg looked better than sunbright not much but they did, the D looked better than anything, but heard coalfield had a young secondary take advantage of that and its not hard short pass the he** out of them. then deep ball works every time. but as far as the scrimmage sunbright what a trip lol, always high hopes, i remeber somoone pickin them to beat c-town last year and coalfield threw all over them, so ya get used to hearin about sunbright bein great but u can see for yourself there a trip...........

Well ROOK, how was the C-town scrimmage. No real talk about that. Who did they go against this spring and what was the outcome?

As for numbers, there were 28 dressed and 6 more injured. 2 starters at LB. If they can develop some more depth, they should get better. If not they had better be in shape.

Why would any team determine how good they were based on beating Coalfield?

Uh, because this is a Morgan County thread, Coalfield is in Morgan County and plays all the Morgan County teams and has had the edge on all of them for quite some time. Other teams also want to beat Coalfield, half of them did last year but for about three years before that, less than a third did. Any questions?

Uh, because this is a Morgan County thread, Coalfield is in Morgan County and plays all the Morgan County teams and has had the edge on all of them for quite some time. Other teams also want to beat Coalfield, half of them did last year but for about three years before that, less than a third did. Any questions?

Great Point, C-town has been the standard it is true. Did they scrimmage this Spring? Have not heard anything on here about it.

ok u serious does this sound familar 35-0 ya it does to me and 12-0 region champs # 4 in the state but they stunk, when was the last time someone in the county beat coalfield 04 wartburg maybe, not sure and when was the last time sunbright beat c town. ya been a while and sure as heck not gonna happen anytime soon...

Great Point, C-town has been the standard it is true. Did they scrimmage this Spring? Have not heard anything on here about it.

Yes, they finished quietly. They are now in workout mode and planning. The areas that are ok have been identified, and problem areas WILL be addressed. For those of you that sell Coach K short, I say keep dreaming. The boys on the team need to remember where they are from, and what it means to be at that school and live in this community. They all share the same experience, no matter the role. Get on it and don't live on the glory days, they leave too soon.