Wilson Central

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WC and Indy scrimmage tonight at 6 at WC. Both teams lost a lot from last year.

Is it going to be a scrimmage or a boxing match? HA!

This would be fun to go see. I'm sure both coaches have reminded their players they are not to cause any type of fights. Just the normal fight that is the game of football. Good luck to both teams. Wish I could be there to see it, have to work tonight.

Go Eagles!

Hey man, I have always given you guys respect. I think the world of Coach Elrod and as long as he is around, yall will excel. Your DC is really proving himself as well. Heard he learned from the best. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just returned from the scrimmage and from where I was setting; it looked like the "Gladekitties" MO...lested Independence. The varsity Eagles scored once and maybe had (2) 1st downs; WC scored 4 or 5 times.

I will again say the same thing that I said last year.....................................

I noticed that many in Region 4-5A are picking WC last or next to last. If this are one of the worst teams in Region 4 - 5A; I would warn other Regions to NOT play teams from 4-5A; this WC bunch (for a bottom pick) is big and bad and fast on defense. I simply saw once of the hardest lick ever by a WC DB tonight.....#21; it was a nasty hit.................BOOM!!

samiam

I was there as well. It angers me beyond belief that a program with the talent that WC has to play with is as CLASSLESS as they are. I thought for sure I would go and see two teams that excelled in 2007 play football, and I get there and see what football is not about, as displayed in the character, or lack thereof in that WC group. I cannot say that all of the WC players acted like thugs (Hats off to those guys that do play with class), but those guys that did sure leave a lasting image and opinion of the WC program. Good luck to the "class" of WC in 2008!

Was nice to see IHS handle the classless acts reasonably well, which translates to a "win" in my book.

As for the scrimmage, I thought both defenses were way ahead of the offesnses, which is to be expected in spring camp. The WC D is a darn good defense. The WC O seems to be down from last year. The IHS D looked solid. The IHS O was out of sync for sure. It appears losing 9 of 11 off that 2007 offense is a big loss and will take time to get it going. Believe the final count for the first teams was WC 4 - IHS 1.

The B team scrimmage went to IHS. There was only one score in their outing. IHS 1 - WC 0. I thought the IHS backups were further ahead than the WC B team.

How is Wilson Central Looking this year? And who is some new faces on the squad?

Ihear the the " FAT MAN " and the " D " are loaded and ready. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />