region 2a

Took

As far as the Clem kid, I still think it was unsportsmanlike. To state that they were losing and he was trying to get something going???? If your gonna run, then run. Don't stop and (nudge, push or whatever you like to call it) the second basemen from trying to catch the ball. As far as Clem MVP of the district, it may be scarcasm, jokes or what ever.....but it is still on here many times. This player has hit kids with a bat in the leg, tried to stop players from catching balls and the list goes on. I understand a catcher is usually cocky and runs his mouth....but this player is overboard.Not all Harriman fans agree with the comments and screaming as I am sure all the Rockwood fans do not either. Many Harriman and Rockwood fans are friends off the ballfield. I know everyone does not agree with the actions of a few. However, calling the fans trash is completely uncalled for. I sure did not hear a Harriman fan stand up and call anyone from Rockwood trash at the game! I did hear them yelling Devils. Both of these teams knew going in that they would advance to Friday night. It was not an elimination game. It was a regional championship game. Harriman did pitch a freshman who did an awsome job. I do hope both teams advance to state and can support each other there. Maybe the fan who calls others trash should just stay home!

does the list really go on or do you just hold some grudge against clem. throwing a bat at someone? haha. i hope your not talking about when he tossed that bat back to the on deck circle and wasnt even looking and it nudged a harriman. but your prob one of those "moms" who sit up behind the backstop and gripe and complain about every single call. my advise my you "baseballmom" would be let your kid play the game and defend himself. im sure he really loves you getting on here and blasting 18 years olds. how does that feel really? for a grown adult to get on here and put down a kid numerous times? does it boost your morale or make you feel good? does it make you feel inferior to join two days ago just so you can talk about a high school kid? i can understand applauding someone, but u are on here degrading a kid. wow. unbelievalbe.

As far as the Clem kid, I still think it was unsportsmanlike. To state that they were losing and he was trying to get something going???? If your gonna run, then run. Don't stop and (nudge, push or whatever you like to call it) the second basemen from trying to catch the ball. As far as Clem MVP of the district, it may be scarcasm, jokes or what ever.....but it is still on here many times. This player has hit kids with a bat in the leg, tried to stop players from catching balls and the list goes on. I understand a catcher is usually cocky and runs his mouth....but this player is overboard.Not all Harriman fans agree with the comments and screaming as I am sure all the Rockwood fans do not either. Many Harriman and Rockwood fans are friends off the ballfield. I know everyone does not agree with the actions of a few. However, calling the fans trash is completely uncalled for. I sure did not hear a Harriman fan stand up and call anyone from Rockwood trash at the game! I did hear them yelling Devils. Both of these teams knew going in that they would advance to Friday night. It was not an elimination game. It was a regional championship game. Harriman did pitch a freshman who did an awsome job. I do hope both teams advance to state and can support each other there. Maybe the fan who calls others trash should just stay home!

does the list really go on or do you just hold some grudge against clem. throwing a bat at someone? haha. i hope your not talking about when he tossed that bat back to the on deck circle and wasnt even looking and it nudged a harriman. but your prob one of those "moms" who sit up behind the backstop and gripe and complain about every single call. my advise my you "baseballmom" would be let your kid play the game and defend himself. im sure he really loves you getting on here and blasting 18 years olds. how does that feel really? for a grown adult to get on here and put down a kid numerous times? does it boost your morale or make you feel good? does it make you feel inferior to join two days ago just so you can talk about a high school kid? i can understand applauding someone, but u are on here degrading a kid. wow. unbelievalbe.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One word "baseballmomma4life"......EMBARRASSING!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself for getting on here and bashing a teenager! I know clem personally and he is a great kid. Probably the best overall kid on Rockwood's roster! And for you to get on here and post crap like that after being a coacht member for one freakin day! INCREDIBLE!!! You should just stick to yelling at the umps for bad calls...or at least the calls you here all the men complain about so you complain about them to! Your probably one of these moms that dont have a clue whats goin on! Just do us all a favor and stay off of here honey..... This is big boys talk!

How about we drop all this crap and enjoy some baseball. Grow up folks!

I agree with you and the ump....this needs to stop and the fans forget it and move on to tomorrow nights games! If you lose tomorrow the season is over and you will have missed a once in a lifetime opportunity....I know, my team never goes!!! But I do feel compelled to say a few things based on some of the garbage that the baseballmom is saying on here.

First of all, I know who some of the ppl are who are posting on here. The one that called harriman fans "trash" is a barely literate player on the rockwood team.....his grades are not exactly honor-roll-like, and knowing the kid, he uses the word trash in a different way than us older ppl use it. With that said, he shouldnt have said it. But he didnt mean it in a way as to say anything personal about the kind of ppl harriman fans are. He was referring to the way a select few of them (bad apples) carry on and act. And everyone here knows (if you have ever been to a game anywhere) that if one loud mouth makes an #### out of himself, the whole crowd gets the blame. So I would suggest that harriman fans take what he said with a grain of salt....in my opinion (knowing the kid myself) he didnt mean it the way that its been taken by some. It was a bad choice of words pure and simple.

Secondly, Clem is one of the nicest, most mature 18 yr olds that I have seen in any town or school in Roane County or elsewhere. He is being portrayed on here by vicious attacks by a person that obviously has a personal vendetta against him. You cant find a more respected kid on or off the field than him and to get on here and rip him like the one person is doing is shameful.....as Took said earlier for an adult to get on here and degrade an 18 yr old kid is unbelievable! Please show some maturity and not act like one of the bad apple fans that were mentioned in the paragraph above! Comments like you are making on here with your personal attacks is making readers of this post think that the trash comment is true about Harriman fans.....and we all know its not! So GROW UP! Let your son win win the battles...dont try to win them for him! ENOUGH!

Tomorrow night, as I said in a previous post, is an opportunity for harriman and rockwood to BOTH go to the state and give roane county two teams in the state! Why dont you guys focus on that instead of trying to relive a game that was totally meaningless except for home field advantage for the sectional. I do think harriman benefitted from winning....in fact, if they had to travel, I think they would have been in deep trouble. They are a young team and UH would have beaten them there. UH is a much stronger team than Hancock Co. and I think Rockwood has a better chance of winning on the road than a younger harriman team would have. Also HC has used up their only good pitcher, so harriman has a great chance to make it to the state. UH has better pitching and Rockwood is in for the fight of their lives, so all Roane County fans should be cheering extra hard for the tigers.

alright man, i play for harriman and most of my family is in the stands at the games, im not tring to call anyone out here but i would really appreciate it if u wouldnt referr to the harriman fans as trash because u are calling my family trash. im pretty sure u wouldnt look me in the face and say that so if u wanna talk about boosting morale then i guess this is what works for u. the message is dont hide on this website and call my family derogatory names, any questions #3 HHS

AJ did you read my previous post? This is exactly what I am talking about.....players and fans are focused on a meaningless game now instead of the game of THE SEASON to this point. NO ONE IS CALLING YOUR FAMILY NAMES! Your team is young and inexperienced when it comes to state tournament play. Instead of running your mouth about stuff that is meaningless I would suggest that you concentrate on leading a young harriman team to victory tomorrow night! Dont make a win over Rockwood (a team that has beaten you 3 out of 5 times) be the focal point of the season. Drop it and focus on the sectional. Beating Rockwood meant ZERO. Beating Hancock Co. means going to the state!!! Cant you understand that! Be a senior leader. I bet your coach would freak if he knew you were on here talking trash about a game that was played two days ago instead of concentrating on winning the biggest game of your career!!!!!! I hope that someone will help you get your head on straight before you blow this one! Your win put you in the easiest game in the state sectionals in single A and instead of focusing on it and sealing the deal to the state you want to keep caring on about stupid comments made to do just what it is doing: DISTRACT YOU! I would expect a freshman or sophomore to be that easily distracted but not a SENIOR! Show some maturity! Why do harriman fans and players act like they lost the last game? Learn to win with dignity and let the losers cry and moan on here!

since we are talking about rude and imature fans how bout the wartburg fans. I was at the game when they played coalfield and i cannot count how many times i heard one of their fans tell coalfields catcher Logan Alley to take his butt back to Anderson County reel imature to talk about a high school ball player like that. i will tell you this though i have played against clem for three years. and i will tell you that kid deserves everything he gets. he is a nice and very talented kid. I just wish i had the chance to play ball with him just because of his competativeness. Anyways good luck to rockwood hope you make it to the boro and win it all.

Every single harriman game i have went to this year there fans are rude and there players are bush!! but they have been winning games if thats the style of baseball that they want to play let them do it long as they play like they have been playin. Best of luck to Harriman and Rockwood i hope both of u guys make it to state!! I hope rockwoods bats can turn it around during sub-state and state!

ok first of all she does not ever yell at umps for bad calls. ok she never has in her life. and yes she does have a clue about whats going on. I bet she knows just as much as anybody else. You might not believe it but yes she does. She has been around every kind of baseball for many years. And ok i agree lets all stop, and i also agree we both have said some bad things to each other on here and at field, and it should stop. But it is uncalled for to call some other fans trash. This is my last words about it cuz im sick of hearing about all this. But lets stop talkin bout each other and go on. Especially talking about my mom cuz its uncalled for. Ok yes i understand both ways. He does have rights of baseline but he still shouldnt do it. Go on and play the game. And yes i know we have said some bad things too. But that does not mean Harriman fans are trash. ok its Harriman Rockwood. Its always been this way and always will be. But this is going to far. Lets end this now, and go on and support our teams. Lets all stop!

You would have been better off not posting what you just said and let it drop than to have said this. Never has yelled at an ump? NEVER???? EVER??? That is one amazing fan! I personally believe that every fan that has ever watched a game has at one time or another yelled at a questionable ball or strike call. And from all the umpiring that comes from the harriman side, its hard to believe that she is not one of them! Did she yell at the ump about the call in question??? Something tells me she did.....because she is yelling about it on here. She has taken a kid that has the cleanest reputation in Roane County and single handedly tried to make him look like public enemy number one! There is NO EXCUSE for that! Also, I noticed Mr Johnson has removed his redneck remarks from the posts....apparently a coach or another wise adult made him do it! However his remarks are still on here because they were quoted in another post. It is less than 24 hrs to the biggest game of the yr and harriman ppl are still wallowing in a game played on tuesday!!!!!

Maybe the comment that Harriman fans are trash did come from a kid. I don't think it matters at this point. I can actually tell you that I do know a lot about baseball. I will say that I have NEVER EVER yelled at an ump. I do not know the Clem player off the field. He is probally one of the nicest kids ever. I just said his actions were unsportsman like. I do believe the ump thought so too because he did call him out for it. I don't know how this became a personal thing and became bashing the Harriman fans. If you will read many of my posts, I will be the first person cheering on Harriman and Rockwood when they advance to state. It was uncalled for to speak about AJ. He is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. He is a leader on and off the field. Both teams need to focus on winning Friday night and advancing to state. Good luck and I sincerely do hope both teams make it to state. I hope both teams go on and represent their schools well at state.

Maybe the comment that Harriman fans are trash did come from a kid. I don't think it matters at this point. I can actually tell you that I do know a lot about baseball. I will say that I have NEVER EVER yelled at an ump. I do not know the Clem player off the field. He is probally one of the nicest kids ever. I just said his actions were unsportsman like. I do believe the ump thought so too because he did call him out for it. I don't know how this became a personal thing and became bashing the Harriman fans. If you will read many of my posts, I will be the first person cheering on Harriman and Rockwood when they advance to state. It was uncalled for to speak about AJ. He is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet. He is a leader on and off the field. Both teams need to focus on winning Friday night and advancing to state. Good luck and I sincerely do hope both teams make it to state. I hope both teams go on and represent their schools well at state.

I say way too much on here, especially since I dont have a dog in the fight. But I hope what you said is true and harriman fans and rockwood fans will unite and cheer for each other if you both go to the state. You guys dont know how lucky you are to have a chance to go.....WE NEVER HAVE A CHANCE. It puts a "burr in my saddle" to read posts where all you guys do is whine and moan about calls or plays in games where you WON!!! Then you get on here and run down other players and teams and fans. You are ALL acting like spoiled brats! I can say for a fact that the person who called harriman fans trash was a kid.....I know him, I know the nickname he uses. And for the unsportsmanlike play you have been harping on for post after post, last year harriman pulled a trick play on Clem and its quite possible that it is the reason why he came to a stop in the game the other night. Last yr he was stealing and harrimans catcher threw a popup into the air by second base. Clem was safe but looked and saw the second baseman running under the ball and catching it. Thinking that the batter had hit the ball, he headed back to first and harriman got him out! One of the best trick plays I ever saw! Its possible that when he headed down to second the other night and saw the second baseman running up to catch a popup that he was thinking that it was happening again and froze! I am not saying that is what happened, but I am saying he got burned last yr and it may have been a factor. I would imagine that a play like that would be something that you would always remember! As for AJ, did you read his post? What is a senior doing getting on here, calling out ppl, getting all wound up in something from the past? As I said earlier, this is the time for senior leadership and focus. Harriman starts several young guys including at least one freshmen. They need seniors to stand up and lead not get down in the mud over a game from earlier in the week! Going to the state is a lifelong accomplishment that they can tell their grandkids about! I havent seen one Rockwood player on here calling out harriman ppl. They went to the state last yr and know how hard it is to get there and how tough the competition is. Sometimes this is the only chance you ever get. I dont know AJ personally but have seen him play for years. I imagine he is ever bit as good a kid as he is an athlete. But even good kids can run their mouths....and as I posted earlier, the comments he made were removed...so someone must have straightened him out. Also, I would love to meet you, I have been involved in baseball for many years and have NEVER met a fan that hadnt at least ONCE yelled that an ump made a bad call or missed a call on a pitch!!! You belong in Cooperstown! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hope both teams can move forward and use some of this energy on here for the games tomorrow night. I would love to see two Roane County teams go to state.

Does anyone know if they are talking about postponing the games due to the rain we have had?

What times are the games scheduled to start. I am assuming Rockwood will get out of school early to travel to University. Just a note to the parents who are going....you may want to allow some extra travel time. I saw on TV there is a big race at the Bristol Speedway this weekend. I assume many of the hotel rooms will be full and people will be headed up there after work. I hope everyone has a safe trip and hope both Roane County Teams come home with a win!

I would also like to add a comment to one of the above posts. I have never yelled at an ump. I saw so many people do it in little league I decided to never do it. I may not agree with it or like it, but do not yell out on the field. I saw parents ready to fight over a little league call. I know there are good fans at Harriman, Rockwood and Kingston. I am actually good friends with several of them. The actions of some do not reflect the thoughts and feelings of all involved.

I truely wish the best of luck to both of these teams as they play on Friday night. I hope both teams come home with a win. Good luck Blue Devils and Tigers!