Notre Dame vs. Boyd

windoffist

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Notre Dame a couple of times this year but have not seen a Boyd game in 2 years at least. I have read in several posts about Boyd's extreme physical play, etc. Does it really appear that the coach teaches them to not defend within the rules? Do they average alot of yellow cards in a game and have they gotten a red card this year? Just curious and this may be the game I want to see tonight.

depends on the ref squad. the "forearm chuck in the back" is the defensive move of choice for the bucs, don't get me wrong, i am a fan of a hard played game with some banging going on. boyd also plays extremely hard and gives the most effort of any team left in the region. but, i do feel they are not coached to defend within the rules. i believe they are coached to get yellow cards and inflict pain and suffering to the opposition, if someone gets hurt oh well. you can not see that many "chucks in the back" and leading into the opposition with a "lowered shoulder". at this point of the season the coach could stop these tactics if they chose to.

bluelion...come to this game tonight. it should be a great game and i will let others answer about the style of play though.

I have seen Notre Dame a couple of times this year but have not seen a Boyd game in 2 years at least. I have read in several posts about Boyd's extreme physical play, etc. Does it really appear that the coach teaches them to not defend within the rules? Do they average alot of yellow cards in a game and have they gotten a red card this year? Just curious and this may be the game I want to see tonight.

boyd will win the yellow card battle 9-1

Final.

Boyd 2

ND 1

Double OT

Well lets see. Your credibility goes to -10 since there were no yellow cards. Great call.

First Boyd game I've seen this year. they played well. Dominated the first half. Notre Dame turned it on in the 2nd half to tie the game up at 1-1. First Overtime was about equal. With about a minute left Ben Beasley made a nice long throw into the box, ND keeper collided with a player leaving a open net for Boyd to punch it in and get the victory. Good job Boyd I will be back Thursday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i would say they may not be coachred to doit, but they are not coached not to do it, to me that is the same thing.

Boyd has never been coached to be physical. Technically, they are not a dirty team. Most people use to say we were when I played, and have always had that rep. Tonight ND was probably more physical than Boyd was. In the past, Boyd normally suits up a lot of football players and they are aggressive, but not dirty and don't do anything no other team does. But the haters will continue to hate.