2008 McMinn Central Chargers

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Folks, I'm glad to see the boys in blue excited about this up and coming season. Coach Derrick is doing a fine job and the fans are excited, just cant wait for football. I did want to touch base on the recruiting issue for just a bit, the way I'm reading everything is that DJ King is a transfer to Central and now we're talking about maybe a QB coming from another, I'm sure both are good ball players and Central will benefit from them, my only concern is what are we telling those kids who lose their spots because of transfers, maybe or hopefully they would just replace freshmen or sophmores, but I'm afraid thats not the case. I would hate to think that a kid played all the way thru little league and then started working hard as a freshmen, all the way to be a senior and then maybe lose a spot because of some recruiting, please dont be offended if the kids are truely transfers because of families moving. But it seems like we are losing a little dignity just to win ballgames. When you think about it football is chance to make new friends, bonds with teammates, life lessons to learn and when it comes down to it there will be only one champion in each in each of the five levels of high school. Is it worth it? Is it worth recruiting? Not trying get anyone fired up, just saying we should be careful with our youth.

Now more on a positive note, cant wait till Friday Nights get here. Keep up the good work!

From the tone of your post, it sounds as if you think that Central is guilty of recruiting, or at least of being unfair to it's players. First, we would welcome any TSSAA official to come and watch everything that we do, and have nothing to hide, even though there have been rumors of all sorts of inappropriate behavior on the players, coaches, and boosters part. Second, do the players that transfer to Central not have as much right to play as a player who has been there since their freshman year? Why do you seem to want to punish a player who has been transferred as a result of death of a parent, parents' divorce, parents' job transfer, all of which are out of the kids control. What are YOU telling the kids that transfer because of circumstances beyond their control. We ARE being careful with our young people... ALL of them from the third generation Charger to the newly transferred.

Geez, you guys got enough tallent to win the region, now you gotta go after Rayl, from Meigs County?

NO ONE has gone after Rayl, only a rumor, they have not contacted Central nor has anyone from Central contacted them. Ask the Rayls yourself! What is so funny is that a few very short years ago, folks would laugh their #### off if someone mentioned transferring to Central to play football. One really good season and everyone goes into panic mode and makes all kinds of wild accusations and worries about everything that Central does now. Go Figure!!

• 1 month later...

NO ONE has gone after Rayl, only a rumor, they have not contacted Central nor has anyone from Central contacted them. Ask the Rayls yourself! What is so funny is that a few very short years ago, folks would laugh their #### off if someone mentioned transferring to Central to play football. One really good season and everyone goes into panic mode and makes all kinds of wild accusations and worries about everything that Central does now. Go Figure!!

You're right, and as more success comes, more accusations will follow, that's the nature of the beast. Central shocked the region with their success last year, but this year everyone seems to be gunning for them. Its good to be in the drivers seat and I think you have a coach capable of keeping it steered in the right direction. Good luck Chargers and your future looks bright with quite a bit of talent in the youth league system. There are also some good men coaching in the youth league that can only help make the program better.

Hey AA rules, if I tell you a rooster can pull a box car you betterr hook his #### up. If I tell you its gonna rain you better get a umbrella. In other words I told you Rayl was coming. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> So much for starting rumors. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Come on 89, no need to rub salt in a sore wound. Its obvious you need to learn to win with class.

What did I win? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I just responded to the sarcastic remark he left for me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am saying that since you are a charger fan, and your team is on the upswing, learn how to win with class. Responding to a meigs fan over something so personal, with sarcasm, is not very classy. Central has made great strides, learn how to handle it.

I am saying that since you are a charger fan, and your team is on the upswing, learn how to win with class. Responding to a meigs fan over something so personal, with sarcasm, is not very classy. Central has made great strides, learn how to handle it.

But a Meigs fan can respond with sarcasm and its ok? But none the less, I APOLOGIZE AA rules! I meant nothing personal and FULLY expected your response. I have noticed that AA rules seems to know what he or she is talking about on this board and I enjoy reading what he or she has to say. It was all in fun. Now TNsports fan are you happy?

so where will this rayl kid start at? going smooth with the new teammates?

I was told by someone close to the program that he will be the QB and Jackson will be used at various positions depending on the situation. As far as new teamates I havent heard but if they are smart they will be standing there with open arms.