West @ Farragut Region Semis

knoxvegas19

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West 3 Farragut 2

Tanner scores the final goal.

Wow... both AAA finalists have been ousted. Tough break for Farragut, but i'm happy for west, it's might be their time now. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Hats off to Oak Ridge. I did not think they would be back in a region final this soon.

Tough loss for Maryville. They have been very close to breaking through a few times in the last few years.

diego is a special player... but maryville didnt seem into it tonight..

ridge and david looked like the were injured or tired or a little of both

diego is a special player... but maryville didnt seem into it tonight..

ridge and david looked like the were injured or tired or a little of both

I thought Maryville going back to a Flat Four killed them this game. They beat Bearden and stood toe to toe with Farragut playing with a sweeper and appeared much more comfortable. Bad tactical mistake by Maryville Coaches in my opinion. Also, unfortunate that Maryville Goalie let a 30 yard Free Kick sneak over his head untouched for a Goal.

Diego from Oak Ridge did play very well and they moved him around the field to find him open space.

I thought Maryville going back to a Flat Four killed them this game. They beat Bearden and stood toe to toe with Farragut playing with a sweeper and appeared much more comfortable. Bad tactical mistake by Maryville Coaches in my opinion. Also, unfortunate that Maryville Goalie let a 30 yard Free Kick sneak over his head untouched for a Goal.

Diego from Oak Ridge did play very well and they moved him around the field to find him open space.

K.W.-

I think it is extremely disrespectful to call out the Maryville coaches and the Maryville keeper. I also think that it was poorly timed and immature for you to approach the coaches minutes after the game's conclusion and demand an answer for their tactical decisions. The fact of the matter is...it was the coach's decision, and the PLAYERS actually expressed the fact that they were more comfortable with the flat back as well. We had hardly NO transition offense against Farragut in the second half and OT, and we were hoping that by switching back to the flat back that we could stay a little more organized in transition offense and build better from the back. We were also hoping that this would help us use the width of O.R.'s field and get the ball to the flanks more.

It never fails...when the team loses, it is always the coach's fault. Keep in mind that this Maryville team had a pretty good season. In order to make it farther than any Maryville team, the coaches and the keeper must have done a pretty good job at times.

In my opinion, it is poor choice to publicly denounce your coaches and brothers, especially since they have been so supportive of you over the summer.

However, thanks for your support this season, even if you are unhappy with the final game. Good luck at A.U.

K.W.-

I think it is extremely disrespectful to call out the Maryville coaches and the Maryville keeper. I also think that it was poorly timed and immature for you to approach the coaches minutes after the game's conclusion and demand an answer for their tactical decisions. The fact of the matter is...it was the coach's decision, and the PLAYERS actually expressed the fact that they were more comfortable with the flat back as well. We had hardly NO transition offense against Farragut in the second half and OT, and we were hoping that by switching back to the flat back that we could stay a little more organized in transition offense and build better from the back. We were also hoping that this would help us use the width of O.R.'s field and get the ball to the flanks more.

It never fails...when the team loses, it is always the coach's fault. Keep in mind that this Maryville team had a pretty good season. In order to make it farther than any Maryville team, the coaches and the keeper must have done a pretty good job at times.

In my opinion, it is poor choice to publicly denounce your coaches and brothers, especially since they have been so supportive of you over the summer.

However, thanks for your support this season, even if you are unhappy with the final game. Good luck at A.U.

In my opinion, I dont think teams should run a flat back four unless they have practiced it for years. You have to be very confident in your d to run it - meaning there can be no weaknesses. I as a player take advantage of the weak defender. Speed is a must when running a flat back. Not "bashing" the coaches decision to run a flat back, just saying that i dont think you should change to a flat back just for one game.

In my opinion, I dont think teams should run a flat back four unless they have practiced it for years. You have to be very confident in your d to run it - meaning there can be no weaknesses. I as a player take advantage of the weak defender. Speed is a must when running a flat back. Not "bashing" the coaches decision to run a flat back, just saying that i dont think you should change to a flat back just for one game.

We ran the flat back all year. Thanks for your input.

I want to second the notion that Diego played a great game. Besides the two goals, he was seemingly everywhere. Coach Sheppard was quoted as saying, in effect, that he's very crafty. I would agree with that. He's always doing little things to help his team.

An unsung hero for Oak Ridge, in my opinion, is Jordan (I hope I have the first name right) Howell. This is Trenna Howell's brother, I think. He really stepped up in the back and played a strong game all night. He was particularly effective in the air.

Aside from these two, the whole O.R. squad played with passion and intelligence.

Maryville has a very, very nice team. A pleasure to watch. They actually controlled action for long stretches, but their attacks were often foiled by very tenacious O.R. defense. I believe O.R. had Mr. Ridge (#7) marked out. Speaking of #7, he's quite an athlete. I suspect Coach Quarles would be very happy to have him on the football team as a defensive back or a running back. I believe #10 who's obviously a key player, was slightly hurt in the second half, which didn't help Maryville's cause.

I don't know the distribution of classes on the Maryville's squad, but if they don't lose many seniors they will certainly be a force next year as well.