Halls vs. Farragut

4merhhsplayer

I believe this will be a great game to see, and I will be there personally to see it. Farragut is an excellent team that has loads of talent. Halls is a team with a bunch of "hidden" talent that some teams seem to overlook sometimes. I suspect either David White to take the mound or Jared Burton to. Burton pitched the end of the game against Bearden, but I think he only pitched about 15 or 20 pitches maybe. I look for this game to be closer than most people may think.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut will be a tough game. Perhaps the strongest team this year in the Knoxville area but not invincible. It will utimately come down to how Coach P. looks at this game and his thoughts toward Friday night. You have to think Farragut will be overwhelming favorites going into this contest. Overall, this will match the best in the area going head to head so the turnout will be heavy.

Anyone know the actual start time? If it rains will it be played on Thursday night?

Farragut will be a tough game. Perhaps the strongest team this year in the Knoxville area but not invincible. It will utimately come down to how Coach P. looks at this game and his thoughts toward Friday night. You have to think Farragut will be overwhelming favorites going into this contest. Overall, this will match the best in the area going head to head so the turnout will be heavy.

Anyone know the actual start time? If it rains will it be played on Thursday night?

so....halls beat bearden?

i dont know if they will becuase halls' graduation is set for thrusday at 6 o'clock. and i believe faragut's is saturday. so would they play it on thursday anyway or play friday

On Farragut's website the start time is 6:30. I don't think that any team can be an overwhelming favorite in a regional final. Both teams will most likely save their best starters for the sub state round so I feel there will be a good amount of runs scored. Farragut has an edge because of how deep their pitching is and the home field advantage. Should be a great game.

On Farragut's website the start time is 6:30. I don't think that any team can be an overwhelming favorite in a regional final. Both teams will most likely save their best starters for the sub state round so I feel there will be a good amount of runs scored. Farragut has an edge because of how deep their pitching is and the home field advantage. Should be a great game.

Game time is 6:30 at The Ballpark at Farragut but rain is due to come tomorrow and will stay until Friday. David White will start for the Red devils unless game is moved to Sat. which Clark may or may not start for Halls. If if comes down to Sat. coach P has a big decision to make-- start Clark and go for the home field advantage and put #2 White against regeion 1 runner up or put White up against Farr and save Clark for regional showdown. The rain will be a key in this showdown. Pharr would have been smart to move the game to tonight so Halls would use White or the lefty but sometimes I don't think he is bright enough to think it all through.

Game time is 6:30 at The Ballpark at Farragut but rain is due to come tomorrow and will stay until Friday. David White will start for the Red devils unless game is moved to Sat. which Clark may or may not start for Halls. If if comes down to Sat. coach P has a big decision to make-- start Clark and go for the home field advantage and put #2 White against regeion 1 runner up or put White up against Farr and save Clark for regional showdown. The rain will be a key in this showdown. Pharr would have been smart to move the game to tonight so Halls would use White or the lefty but sometimes I don't think he is bright enough to think it all through.

I'm sorry, it sounded as if you were questioning whether Coach Pharr is bright enough to choose pitchers and influence the matchups in the games. Could you clear up something for me? Tell me upon which you base your comment...is it the fact that Coach Pharr only has 3 state champoinships and 3 runners-up with another top 3 finish? All of that in the last 8 years by the way. Or is it the many times that his "bright" decisions allowed Halls to beat Farragut? I realize that either would substantiate your brilliant comment and I just wondered which you used for a basis!

Having said that, I look forward to a great game whenever the weather permits and whoever pitches for the two teams. They are both playing well and the game should be yet another good high school matchup!

Now I'm not sure about the baseball playoff system, but tonight's game vs. Farragut don't mean diddley squat does it. All it amounts to is deciding who has home field and who travels this coming Friday.

If the above is true, why worry about tonight, save your best for Friday and that has the ticket to the state tournament stamped all over it.

Now I'm not sure about the baseball playoff system, but tonight's game vs. Farragut don't mean diddley squat does it. All it amounts to is deciding who has home field and who travels this coming Friday.

If the above is true, why worry about tonight, save your best for Friday and that has the ticket to the state tournament stamped all over it.

you are correct most people use their number 2 in this game to ty and get home feild advantage...you may not want to see the higher seeds #1 and you always want to play at home linstead of travel

A gaping disparity exists between the talent at Science Hill and Sullivan South, so yes, this game will mean a great deal. The team that draws Science Hill will have the much tougher task. That crap about Pharr not being smart enough is enough to have you put in a straight jacket. You gotta be kiddin'.

A gaping disparity exists between the talent at Science Hill and Sullivan South, so yes, this game will mean a great deal. The team that draws Science Hill will have the much tougher task. That crap about Pharr not being smart enough is enough to have you put in a straight jacket. You gotta be kiddin'.

The Hilltoppers are definitely the team from this region.They are loaded with pitchers.But Farragut is alot better team (this year)and should prevail when they play.South is lucky to be there.But they are good bunters as their coach said.