division 2 baseball

volsfan66

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene Menees said last year that they didn't think it was fair to BGA to host and have to play somewhere else. They have to get the field ready, work the concession stand, sell tickets, etc. I can see his point but I can also see yours about BGA playing on their own field.

That is what JV is for. They pay their dues so they can eventually play in the state tournament. One way is not fair to BGA but fair to everyone else. The other way is fair to BGA but unfair to everyone else. Seems to be a pretty simple decision to me. By the way I'm not arguing with you, just countering what Gene told you. It is what it is so I'll just have to deal with it and play who we are told when we are told where we are told.

This is the same rule in Division I Class AAA: Oakland is one of the sites and it too will play on its homefield. If MTCS would have reached the state tournament, it would have played on its own field.

Not saying it's fair they play on their home field. But don't think its right for fans and parents to be left to man everything at a field and miss their sons and team play at state.

It's probably a good compromise.

OK this isn't official, I just did this by looking at the single A substate match ups and what game the winners went to. By following what they have double A would be Baylor vs. Brentwood and CBHS vs. BGA. I could very well be wrong though.

You were correct - good work!

Four good baseball teams. I am looking forward to watching as many of the games as I can.

Gene Menees said last year that they didn't think it was fair to BGA to host and have to play somewhere else. They have to get the field ready, work the concession stand, sell tickets, etc. I can see his point but I can also see yours about BGA playing on their own field.

Too much of an advantage for BGA. They use their own clubhouse & hitting facility that no one else can use. BGA also knows how to play the balls off the high wall that is very tricky. The T$$AA should tell BGA that if they don't wish to host the tournament they will find someone else.

Too much of an advantage for BGA. They use their own clubhouse & hitting facility that no one else can use. BGA also knows how to play the balls off the high wall that is very tricky. The T$$AA should tell BGA that if they don't wish to host the tournament they will find someone else.

yeah, them not letting other teams use some kind of cage to warm up in before the game is pretty crappy. i remember we had to hit tennis balls on their football field a few years back. oh well. we beat them twice, so i guess it doesnt matter that much.

i heard that baylor was really getting into the father ryan players' heads with their so called "sick beats". this true??

"sick beats?"....i hope youre not serious. but it wouldnt surprise me coming from baylor.