Smyrna vs LC

alan

Danny williams was a heck of a coach....and players respected him and look up to him...I asked if he'd coach again and he replied "maybe ....".... And Mitchell was fired as a coach....He was replace by a coach from Maryville high...Williams ...No lie made Smyrna high what it is to this day..look at the athletes...Jeremy King, Sonny Gray, Rodriguez wilks, Nick richardson, Cody Hager, Josh Crouch , Tyler montgemery , Chris copeland (overton Quaterback) ...many athletes...to name....and patterson is with Hester ....Williams was fired By Raikes not by shadowens as everybody said....He would have replaced Shadowens in the coming years....i say Williams leaves this year and coaches for his roots ....Gallatin High school

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to Williams but even I could look good with the talent that he had there. I know all about why he was fired by Raikes. Funny how others over there did the same exact thing and got by with it. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Did Shad fire Mitchell or did the new coach simply not ask him to remain on the new staff? if it is the latter, I don't really think that would be considered as being fired. I know he was offered the DC at Siegel and at Eagleville, but turned them both down.

Danny williams was a heck of a coach....and players respected him and look up to him...I asked if he'd coach again and he replied "maybe ....".... And Mitchell was fired as a coach....He was replace by a coach from Maryville high...Williams ...No lie made Smyrna high what it is to this day..look at the athletes...Jeremy King, Sonny Gray, Rodriguez wilks, Nick richardson, Cody Hager, Josh Crouch , Tyler montgemery , Chris copeland (overton Quaterback) ...many athletes...to name....and patterson is with Hester ....Williams was fired By Raikes not by shadowens as everybody said....He would have replaced Shadowens in the coming years....i say Williams leaves this year and coaches for his roots ....Gallatin High school

nothing against danny, but there was no way on God's green earth he was gonna replace shad. danny was a good middle school coach. end of story. he was given ample chances to get his act together at smyrna. he hung himself. smyrna will be good for one reason. those kids have bought into the program. no one person can take credit. those kids work hard every day and have earned it.

Smyrna Destroyed Lincoln county.....49-0....once again..the defense really Got to the ball and Just blow up lincoln couty...NOt that Lincoln is a bad team..they showed speed at The Quaterback position.Decent kid back that at the signal caller.....Smyrna Just ran the ball With Hicks and flemming...Bryson Out for Undisclosed reasons.....Dakota Brown also did a well job.....Hager had a touchdown and a INT almost returned for a touch down...Smyrna 's Got a Great defense this year i look forward to Watching a few players on this team.Lincoln couty at times show Offensive and defensive promise but just couldnt..keep it going.

Two programs that have been headed in opposite directions over the last 10 years.

Smyrna's talent level and coaching staff gets better each year. Lincoln County's talent level and coaching staff has been on a steady decline.

• 2 weeks later...

Smyrna always gets lavergnes top talent in that little town. Rumors are Gray, Wilks, Q.Allen,M. Johnson, twon all where zoned for lavergne, live in that area but received zone exemption by director of schools. Since they have him on their side, they will be a top team in the state every yr. Just explain how the kid from oakland was going to be eligible to play without valid move. What about girls basketball? Hmmmmm. Since the director of schools played for smyrna's current principal i guess he gives him the best athletes the town has to offer. But the real reason smyrna's built a top team is because the little league system is a great program. The middle school has been undefeated for 5 maybe 6 yrs now and they have great athletes that know how to win cause that's all they have done in their career. Just wondering how lavergne even survives losing the best talet in the town year in year out. This years group include Jarvis hicks, garreous, A. martin, yoder, tyler bryson at smyrna. Other schools have them too, tre oliver, KJ & bobby leonard-riverdale. Crocker & D. Myers-blackman, Byron Marshall-Hillwood, Jamal Ramsey starting Qb at BGA, already committed D1. Good luck to all teams in region 4-5a. My pick will be smyrna to 3 peat with a very improved blackman, oakland, siegel teams ready to get a taste of the party. This will be a great year for region 4-5a.

Smyrna always gets lavergnes top talent in that little town. Rumors are Gray, Wilks, Q.Allen,M. Johnson, twon all where zoned for lavergne, live in that area but received zone exemption by director of schools. Since they have him on their side, they will be a top team in the state every yr. Just explain how the kid from oakland was going to be eligible to play without valid move. What about girls basketball? Hmmmmm. Since the director of schools played for smyrna's current principal i guess he gives him the best athletes the town has to offer. But the real reason smyrna's built a top team is because the little league system is a great program. The middle school has been undefeated for 5 maybe 6 yrs now and they have great athletes that know how to win cause that's all they have done in their career. Just wondering how lavergne even survives losing the best talet in the town year in year out. This years group include Jarvis hicks, garreous, A. martin, yoder, tyler bryson at smyrna. Other schools have them too, tre oliver, KJ & bobby leonard-riverdale. Crocker & D. Myers-blackman, Byron Marshall-Hillwood, Jamal Ramsey starting Qb at BGA, already committed D1. Good luck to all teams in region 4-5a. My pick will be smyrna to 3 peat with a very improved blackman, oakland, siegel teams ready to get a taste of the party. This will be a great year for region 4-5a.

i like the rumors. gray lived in smyrna zone when he started high school. due to various circumstaces, his family moved his sophmore year. Wilks and Johnson both lived in smyrna zone, about 3 miles from the high school. Twon started high school in the smyrna zone and then moved many times during his high school career. dont even try to bring bryson into it. He lives right down from the school too. but by your thinking, i do like having the best athletes in the state of tennessee, no matter where they live. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />