why did the northeast topic get closed

navygold11

I know finding a coach is not easy. I understand that you need to find the right "fit" sometimes as well. But every school has to go through this and if you, as the principal or AD, cannot handle the job I cannot help but think that you are not qualified to be an administrator.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association (TSSAA) Bylaws Article I-Section 6

Cooperative Programs

Two member schools may petition TSSAA annually for permission to have a cooperative program in any sport if one of the schools does not have that program or has not had that program for the last five years. The Executive Director of TSSAA may approve such cooperative programs subject to approval by principal of schools involved, the governing board of the schools involved, and the Board of Control.

Should Northeast concede defeat in the coach hiring process and petition the TSSAA to allow their athletes to participate in a cooperative program with another area school?

I don't think you could coop that program. #1 you would have to pay the 10 schools you play a forfeit fee, however much is stipulated in the contract. #2 how would you determine what schools the kids coop with. They could go to any school in that county couldn't they?

I think if it came to a situation where a co-op program was the case all the athletes would play for one team, and not be spread out. If the athletes were split and continued to take classes at Northeast then you would have problems between the players.

I think the individual players should begin to look into transferring to another school and applying for a hardship waiver to remain eligible.

CoachwhoKnows