AAA Pairings

CoachT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no love for riverdale or collierville?

Unfortunately, Riverdale is not known as a soccer power. Although with the boys making state 2 of the last 3 years and the girls going to state and sub-state the last 2 years, maybe opinions will change. Of course, an upset of Houston could help things also.

Wait, will Hendersonville be playing Bearden? Just because Hendersonville doesn't match up well against one team's players and schemes does not mean they won't match up with a different team.

well, 6-2 is a blowout... you should not lose to any team that bad. I dont see houston losing to hendersonville after houston beat bearden 3-2 and hendersonville lost to bearden 6-2... I do have respect for patrick kelly though.

Hendersonville (13-5-3) (H)

Oak Ridge (13-8-4)

Houston (17-1-1) (H)

Riverdale (16-3-1)

Collierville (17-3-2) (H)

Knoxville West (16-4)

Cleveland (18-5) (H)

Brentwood (21-0)

All quarterfinal games for AAA will be played on Wednesday at Richard Siegel Soccer Complex.

I will predict that Hendersonville beats a scrappy Oak Ridge team- they have good defensive players who can give Del Castillo a fit- sorry Oak Ridge (prove me wrong please) I've seen them both and think this is a bad match-up for Oak Ridge.

Houston could be the best team in the State- so I will go with them.

Brentwood seems to be the better team- I have not seen them play so I am only going by what people have poster and records.

West has become my favorite team after Maryville knocked off Bearden. So I gotta go with West.

Next round I have Houston beating Hendersonville.

In possibly the best game (if they both can get there) I have West beating Brentwood. West has played the toughest schedule of all the teams left..and I think that will pay off. They have figured out that they really can beat anybody, and their constant hustle and energy will be the undoing of Brentwood. West has been in their share of srappy games..and didn't panic! They are used to the agressive play at this level.

That is why I predict West to win it all!!! They have a mission and I would hope that all the Knoxville area fans will pull for them as I will if they get to the Championship game. I have had boys play in the last 3 Championship games of State AAA. I know how exciting it is for the families- this is an awesome time of year. I will make the finals regardless who is playing!!

Go WEST!!!!!!!!

well, 6-2 is a blowout... you should not lose to any team that bad. I dont see houston losing to hendersonville after houston beat bearden 3-2 and hendersonville lost to bearden 6-2... I do have respect for patrick kelly though.

All I know is that it seems like every team we play focuses on that game and the fact that Hendersonville got blown out. It's fine by me, because if you go by that score and think that Hendersonville is down this season, you will be sadly mistaken and on your way home for the rest of the tournament. There is a reason Hendersonville is one of only eight teams playing right now.