Riverdale vs Houston

soccerplayer123

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who has Riverdale lost to?

Riverdale only lost to Cookeville and Blackman this season. They lost to Cookeville once in the regular season, but avenged that in the District Semifinals. They lost to Blackman in the regular season and in the District Championship, but avenged that loss by winning the Region Championship.

Riverdale only lost to Cookeville and Blackman this season. They lost to Cookeville once in the regular season, but avenged that in the District Semifinals. They lost to Blackman in the regular season and in the District Championship, but avenged that loss by winning the Region Championship.

Honestly, I was surprised that the Riverdale/McMinn game was so close. I think Riverdale will lose first round of state unless they turn things around.

They lost to Blackman in the regular season and in the District Championship, but avenged that loss by winning the Region Championship.

I would not say Avenged. They won with Blackman Playing down one man due to a questionable red card which was one of their best players for 80 minutes which included overtime.

Maybe lucky???

I would not say Avenged. They won with Blackman Playing down one man due to a questionable red card which was one of their best players for 80 minutes which included overtime.

Maybe lucky???

Call it lucky if you will. But at the same time, Riverdale had Blackman on its heels in the District Championship game, leading 2-1 with 5 minutes to go with both teams at full strength. It was just a simple letdown however that allowed Blackman to win that game. I hate that people are trying to take something away from Riverdale winning the Region Championship. Those guys have had a heck of a season and deserve it. As far as the red card goes, from a fan's perspective, yes it was a questionable red card. However, from the TSSAA's perspective, it was completely justified. It's in the rule books that any curse word results in an automatic red card. Just out of curiosity, because I really do not keep up with them, who has Houston beaten this year that can be considered a good team? I know they lost to CBHS in their first game, and I know they've beaten Collierville two or three times. Who else have they beaten? And even though Collierville is in the state tournament, are they a little overrated?

Call it lucky if you will. But at the same time, Riverdale had Blackman on its heels in the District Championship game, leading 2-1 with 5 minutes to go with both teams at full strength. It was just a simple letdown however that allowed Blackman to win that game. I hate that people are trying to take something away from Riverdale winning the Region Championship. Those guys have had a heck of a season and deserve it. As far as the red card goes, from a fan's perspective, yes it was a questionable red card. However, from the TSSAA's perspective, it was completely justified. It's in the rule books that any curse word results in an automatic red card. Just out of curiosity, because I really do not keep up with them, who has Houston beaten this year that can be considered a good team? I know they lost to CBHS in their first game, and I know they've beaten Collierville two or three times. Who else have they beaten? And even though Collierville is in the state tournament, are they a little overrated?

You'll find that out in a couple of days...won't you.

Siegel has played against both teams this year and I have seen RHS several other times. Houston is good, very good, and they are senior heavy. This always seems to add a level of urgency to a team when their team is made up of players that know if they loose their high school career is over. On a talent basis only Germantown Houston fields 11 strong players.

Based on talent alone RHS is is at a disadvantage. RHS fields 7-8 strong players that will be competitive at the state tournament level. However, I love the way this team plays together. Compton is a work horse and seemingly wills his team to victory. Jasper is a crafty forward and by combining with Rollins and Jose, RHS should get their chances. RHS has a way of taking advantage of their chances in big games. Defense will be under constant pressure and if their outside backs can stay organized, communicate well, and not take any chances from the back RHS will be in this game to the last whistle. Holt will have to be on his "A" game as well.

Prediction:

Houston 2 (OT)

RHS 1

Siegel has played against both teams this year and I have seen RHS several other times. Houston is good, very good, and they are senior heavy. This always seems to add a level of urgency to a team when their team is made up of players that know if they loose their high school career is over. On a talent basis only Germantown Houston fields 11 strong players.

Based on talent alone RHS is is at a disadvantage. RHS fields 7-8 strong players that will be competitive at the state tournament level. However, I love the way this team plays together. Compton is a work horse and seemingly wills his team to victory. Jasper is a crafty forward and by combining with Rollins and Jose, RHS should get their chances. RHS has a way of taking advantage of their chances in big games. Defense will be under constant pressure and if their outside backs can stay organized, communicate well, and not take any chances from the back RHS will be in this game to the last whistle. Holt will have to be on his "A" game as well.

Prediction:

Houston 2 (OT)

RHS 1

Just to throw this out there, Riverdale starts 8 seniors too.

Just to throw this out there, Riverdale starts 8 seniors too.

Holt will have to be on his game and another big game will have to come from Rion Smith at sweeper. Rion was awsome against McMinn Co. Could see more of Rollins on defense also. I can't wait.

riverdale does possess the extremely well like blackman did last year vs houston

riverdale has a hard time finishing so i doubt that they will score 1 on houston but i see houston getting more than 1 goal on james holt

i think it will be 1-0 houston

riverdale does possess the extremely well like blackman did last year vs houston

riverdale has a hard time finishing so i doubt that they will score 1 on houston but i see houston getting more than 1 goal on james holt

i think it will be 1-0 houston

Riverdale 1

Houston 2

My hat's off to Houston. They have a heck of a team. They threw everything and then some at the Riverdale defense during the first 15 minutes. Once Riverdale settled down a bit, they started moving the ball a little better and actually scored first. Houston is a very talented team though, and I expect them to make it to the championship game.

Prediction:

Houston 2 (OT)

RHS 1

This was the best prediction of a state championship game so far. I think that everything played out as said here except that there was no overtime. Riverdale had a great run coming from 3rd seed in the district, through Siegel, Cookeville, Blackman, Shelbyville, Blackman and McMinn County and they had a good showing (after the first 15 minutes) against a very good Houston team. This is a testament to the heart and determination of a good group of young men and a good coach.