NE no coach? Here is why

reasons256

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA BOARD OF CONTROL AGENDA, 6/10/08-6/12/08

What is item 24 about in the TSSAA Board of Contol Agenda?

24. Appeal from Northeast High School Regarding Enrollment Numbers

I 'think' they are trying to go back to playing at the 4A level instead of being at 5A. Will not help though with NO HEAD COACH of ANY type. Maybe one of the reasons the administration cannot seem to find a HC.

Maybe if y'all Williamson County teams would quit being so mean to them and stop beating them so bad it would help. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LSMFT, please understand something, this request is not stupid. The powers that be downtown realize that the reclassification numbers for the 2009-2012 will be based on enrollment figures this coming August. Well, in Montgomery County the sixth high school within the city limits will open in the fall of 2009. West Creek High School will pull a majority of their students from the 1700 students that are currently walking the halls of NEHS. So, the county ad wants to make the TSSAA aware of the fact that some rezoning will occur in this school district prior to the new classification period begins and they want to get NE back in region 6-4a with the rest of the city high schools.

Not a majority try over half the student body from NEHS will be moving to West Creek.... of the 1000 or so new student at west creek only 10 will come from another high school besides NEHS! The enrollment numbers at NEHS will be in the 3A range.... if TSSAA doesn't grant this request... NEHS will be playing in 5A football with less than 1000 students..... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

LSMFT, please understand something, this request is not stupid. The powers that be downtown realize that the reclassification numbers for the 2009-2012 will be based on enrollment figures this coming August. Well, in Montgomery County the sixth high school within the city limits will open in the fall of 2009. West Creek High School will pull a majority of their students from the 1700 students that are currently walking the halls of NEHS. So, the county ad wants to make the TSSAA aware of the fact that some rezoning will occur in this school district prior to the new classification period begins and they want to get NE back in region 6-4a with the rest of the city high schools.

I 'think' they are trying to go back to playing at the 4A level instead of being at 5A. Will not help though with NO HEAD COACH of ANY type. Maybe one of the reasons the administration cannot seem to find a HC.

Maybe if y'all Williamson County teams would quit being so mean to them and stop beating them so bad it would help. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

When they bring in a new coach, the first thing they show him is the football field and the hay baler. I hope TSSAA grants the request.

My bad, I thought they were asking for a change THIS year and even I know that couldn't be done.

Don't you think T$$AA knows the students have to come from some other high school and all they would have to do is find out how the enrollment will be determined by the BOE in Clarksville. They are going to place this new school in some class for the next four years, so how would they determine which class to place it in? I have looked on there web site and it does not list a county AD. It has an activities coordinator, but no AD. Is this the same person, just a title that is worded differently?

Some other questions for the more intelligent ones on this board...why does T$$AA let people move up in class? Why not let them stay exactly where there enrollment places them? I say you play where you fall.

I have heard rumors that the only reason Maryville is still in 4A is because all of the Williamson Co schools moved up to 5A. By doing so this put the numbers different than they would have been.

LSMFT, to answer your question, the person listed as the activities coordinator is the same as the county athletic director. This person is trying to insure that all 6 of the city high schools will play within the same region for all sports. I am not positive on just how much rezoning will take place, but there will be a small number of students moved to West Creek from Kenwood High School. I am sure that some rezoning will take place though in preparation for the new school coming on line. Of course the other question that remains to be answered as of now is what realignment plan will the TSSAA use for the next four year cycle? If it is the z-plan then that will answer a lot of those questions about the new regions.

LSMFT, I don't know about Maryville moving up to 5A (which should be a lock), but it is not because Williamson County Schools will all be 5-A. Page and Fairview High Schools could in no matter shape or form garner enough students to make the move. The only 5A schools in WillCo are the ones in Region 6.

If Northeast drops down to 4A, that won't be a huge factor for 6-5A. You could easily swing Overton into that group, geographically speaking. At least it would be a huge football upgrade. In a few years, Nolensville High School (if not one further south) will be built, so another Williamson County 5A will be added to Region 6.