Next Season (2009)

MSM34

Ooltewah is returning 16 of 21 players from last years roster. The only thing we're missing is a coach. Hopefully we'll know who our coach is in the next couple months. We Should be really solid the next couple of years. Who else will be?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah is returning 16 of 21 players from last years roster. The only thing we're missing is a coach. Hopefully we'll know who our coach is in the next couple months. We Should be really solid the next couple of years. Who else will be?

Ooltewah should be strong next year.

Who are the potential coaches the Owls are looking at? From what I've heard, the new coach better be someone that can reign in Ooltewah's parents, quickly.

Good luck to the Owls.

(Back on topic, I think Farragut returns a bunch, too.)

Around Middle Tennessee, Brentwood Academy returns alot of players and should dominate D-II in this area. In AAA, I believe Ravenwood & Centennial will return alot from their teams. Both Franklin and Brentwood lost alot of good players. In AA, Lipscomb returns a strong senior class and should be the top team in AA in this area. Dont know much about Rutherford, Wilson or Sumner County teams.

Ooltewah should be strong next year.

Who are the potential coaches the Owls are looking at? From what I've heard, the new coach better be someone that can reign in Ooltewah's parents, quickly.

Good luck to the Owls.

(Back on topic, I think Farragut returns a bunch, too.)

There are alot of rumors flying around about the new coach as to who its going to be. I have hard that they've got it down to 4 coaches and should be naming our new head coach by the first of july. And you're right, any coach -- especially a new one -- has to learn to handle all the parents.

There are alot of rumors flying around about the new coach as to who its going to be. I have hard that they've got it down to 4 coaches and should be naming our new head coach by the first of july. And you're right, any coach -- especially a new one -- has to learn to handle all the parents.

What are you talking about "handling parents"

The clubhouse, field and dugout area are reserved for the coaches and players. Parents are allowed to discuss wild women, NASCAR, fishing, etc... with the coach but baseball and their son is off limits. The only person that is allowed to speak baseball with the coach is the player. No exceptions to this rule and if you don't like the rule take your son and go to another school.

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about in "handling parents."

The clubhouse, field and dugout area are reserved for the coaches and players.

So, no parents work on the field? In many programs, parents expect their child's playing time to equate to their time working on the field.

The only person that is allowed to speak baseball with the coach is the player. No exceptions to this rule and if you don't like the rule take your son and go to another school.

Somehow, I don't really believe this and it's doubtful that many others do either.

I'm not slamming the program, Ooltewah has very good recent tradition and they had a super sophomore class this year. The "handling parents" statement had to do with what I've heard and observed in the past couple of years.

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about in "handling parents."

So, no parents work on the field? In many programs, parents expect their child's playing time to equate to their time working on the field.

Somehow, I don't really believe this and it's doubtful that many others do either.

I'm not slamming the program, Ooltewah has very good recent tradition and they had a super sophomore class this year. The "handling parents" statement had to do with what I've heard and observed in the past couple of years.

When I was coaching that is how I ran my program. If you wish to do something different , to each their own.

farragut returns 6 of 9 starters with a strong senior class of 15 or 16 kids who could play anywhere and two players that are playing in the sun belt classic where today pfiefer was the winning pitcher and stallings was 3 for 4 oh and not to mention curtis powell is playing with the usa team this summer pretty talented team

• 4 weeks later...