Significant 7A News

7Awatcher

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another move to superior coaching.

Build a program and they will come.

It is not going to help those of us that support jc. But let me ad that I don,t feel anything went on here but a young lady wanting to do the best she could while being envolved in high school athletics. Congradulations to her and Clarkrange. Everyone should support her right to attend the school of her choice. I have said before to those that do not like this, get envolved in your school, hire quality coaches, and let him or her run the athletics. Do like a small business, if the competition is doing better, then change your operation. Coaching, community envolvement, financial Support, cooperation with players and family and school. I feel for montery, but take this as a challenge to get better.

Kids and parents are not stupid, They want to play for state championships. Jackson County benefited last year and now clarkrange will benefit. The JC transfer saw after the playoffs 2 years ago that a state championship was not in the cards for RBS so she transferred to where it was almost guarenteed with the supporting staff JC had. Anyone with a brain knows that ClarkRange is by far the favorite to win state the next couple years. Because of this, they are the winners this time. Apparently a state championship is important to this kid and her parents. Can't blame them. I would love to have one too.

I personally think being a very very big fish in an average size pond is better than being a big fish in a big pond with numerous other big fish. Makes is harder to stand out.

I think the young lady has proven herself as a top notch player. From a distance, it appears to me that she would have been better off competing against Jackson County and ClarkRange than by joining one of them.

Just another allstar team to watch at 'boro. Like I said last year, and was cussed for doing so, it kinda cheapens things in my opinion. ClarkRange would win state with or without her, just like Jackson County would have most likely won state with or without their transfer last year.

Good luck to the young lady. And from what I have heard, the parents in this case have taken the high road, as has the M coach. Glad to see it, although I would have loved to have seen how far their daughter could have taken Montey.

Just my views from afar.

Well I certainly understand the young ladies' desire to play with the best....and I wish her the best.....both JC and Clarkrange are quickly becoming all-star teams and this does make it incredibly difficult for typical Class A schools to compete with them, but we will sure give it our best!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Kids and parents are not stupid, They want to play for state championships. Jackson County benefited last year and now clarkrange will benefit. The JC transfer saw after the playoffs 2 years ago that a state championship was not in the cards for RBS so she transferred to where it was almost guarenteed with the supporting staff JC had. Anyone with a brain knows that ClarkRange is by far the favorite to win state the next couple years. Because of this, they are the winners this time. Apparently a state championship is important to this kid and her parents. Can't blame them. I would love to have one too.

I personally think being a very very big fish in an average size pond is better than being a big fish in a big pond with numerous other big fish. Makes is harder to stand out.

I think the young lady has proven herself as a top notch player. From a distance, it appears to me that she would have been better off competing against Jackson County and ClarkRange than by joining one of them.

Just another allstar team to watch at 'boro. Like I said last year, and was cussed for doing so, it kinda cheapens things in my opinion. ClarkRange would win state with or without her, just like Jackson County would have most likely won state with or without their transfer last year.

Good luck to the young lady. And from what I have heard, the parents in this case have taken the high road, as has the M coach. Glad to see it, although I would have loved to have seen how far their daughter could have taken Montey.

Just my views from afar.

Ms. Roper we are getting started early this year. First I feel that most talented players, work hard and are really charged to succeed. I would guess that molly was disapointed last year, and felt that it was the year they (monterey) would make their move. They just did not have the players, and late in the season ran out of gas. Now as you say everyone knows cr is loaded. They are the team to beat if anyone can. I really disagree when you say this cheapens anything. That is my strong disagreement with you. They bus kids to school in big cities. They do not have a choice.Here it is a chance many times, to have fun and ensure your future in athletics. No one is cheapened. CR is going to benefit by having an excellent enviorement and situation. Since you brought it up, the rbs situation was very different. There was no guarantee they would win the state,. but two years ago led all but about two minutes against forrest in the final four, losing on the very last. There was no reason to think RBS could not compete last year. The lack of control with players and parents, was the problem and finally wrecked havoc on their girls program, and also the reason for their decline in other sports. Make no mistake, they had the material. NOw as to how much the rbs player helped jc I leave to other evaluations. It speaks for itself. I enjoy your comments and respect your right to express them.

Do not care what anyone says moves like this is bad for high school basketball! TSSAA needs to stop this, if players transfer make them sit out a year just like college. If I am running Monterey High School no way on earth does this parent coach my schools football team!