Significant 7A News

7Awatcher

some kids would not get college education if not for sports, some would not except for being smart and some would not except they have money now I believe all these mentioned is better off by getting education and all should be given the opprotunity for thier family to decide how to achieve this. Parents have the option to send the smart kids to advanced schools, the well off can pick various private schools and the athletes can move into a school district and play ball for a premier program and others get it by hard work and desire,so I say the more that obtains this goal which ever route they take congrats to them and god help us for being so judgemental.

I thought you might be interested in a study that was released last week which shows that public education has closed the gap on private education, especially in math. By closed I mean that there is no significant difference between public and private education. One of my parents is a wonderful teacher who teaches advanced/AP classes in a public school. She told me that the hardest thing for the "private school gone public" transfer to get used to is that they have to WORK for their grade. She has had parent after parent of previous private schools up there complaining that "Susie" doesn't deserve that C she just got.

I stand by my earlier comment that girls who transfer should have to sit out a year. The emphasis that we place on sports is insane. Reality is that less that .05% of girls will ever do ANYTHING with sports when they get out of high school. The ones that do will make VERY LITTLE MONEY AT IT. Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmasicts, Plumbers, Nurses, Accountants, EVEN Teachers, make more money than the average woman in sports. It is parents, not the kids, who have turned high school sports into what it is today. It is parent's living out their sports dreams through their kids.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you might be interested in a study that was released last week which shows that public education has closed the gap on private education, especially in math. By closed I mean that there is no significant difference between public and private education. One of my parents is a wonderful teacher who teaches advanced/AP classes in a public school. She told me that the hardest thing for the "private school gone public" transfer to get used to is that they have to WORK for their grade. She has had parent after parent of previous private schools up there complaining that "Susie" doesn't deserve that C she just got.

I stand by my earlier comment that girls who transfer should have to sit out a year. The emphasis that we place on sports is insane. Reality is that less that .05% of girls will ever do ANYTHING with sports when they get out of high school. The ones that do will make VERY LITTLE MONEY AT IT. Doctors, Lawyers, Pharmasicts, Plumbers, Nurses, Accountants, EVEN Teachers, make more money than the average woman in sports. It is parents, not the kids, who have turned high school sports into what it is today. It is parent's living out their sports dreams through their kids.

Your perspective is skewed. These girls want to play in a program which will hopefully lead to a college scholarship so that they can actually have a chance to go to college and be a doctor, lawyer, etc. No Class A girls basketball player entertains any hope of being a Lady Vol or playing professionally. They just need the money to go to college and a scholarship may be the only way to make that happen. Playing for a high profile program can make that happen as they will be more apt to be seen. How many scouts do you think would travel to Monterey to see Molly play? None. How many do you think will see her in a state tourney? Dozens. None of your comments hold water. I have a daughter in college now. Thank God she has it all paid for thru scholarships.

Slept thru the first round of what? chat/rumors about Molly Heady? denial about what? that they have just made a final decision to move? I cant read their minds and it is none of my business anyway....

No, I heard it all, I just like to know it is true before I go running my mouth about it Muff. Why u always wanting to start something???

You started it by acussing me of getting it started,when I never said anything out of the way.

I agree Ty. I think if the school is not good enough for his daughter, it should not be good enough for him. How do the kids at the school feel about this?

You guys need to give it a rest! You don't know anything about this situation or Coach Heady. Trust me he had his reasons for moving his daughter. He has not said much about the situation because he is a class act. He is trying his best to keep the dirt off of coach t and out of the papers. Trust me if he told his side of the story you would look at things differently. He is very loyal to his school, and his players. However, he is more loyal to his daughter. If you can't understand that then you must not be a parent.

You guys need to give it a rest! You don't know anything about this situation or Coach Heady. Trust me he had his reasons for moving his daughter. He has not said much about the situation because he is a class act. He is trying his best to keep the dirt off of coach t and out of the papers. Trust me if he told his side of the story you would look at things differently. He is very loyal to his school, and his players. However, he is more loyal to his daughter. If you can't understand that then you must not be a parent.

Wow. Your're not going to stop this. This is THE 7A. Very likely the strongest Single A Basketball district in Tennessee. They do compet with AA and AAA schools also. just ask Cookeville. Really don't know how cookeville has survived with all of this going on. Now lets see, 7A has an area that has about 75000 population with 4 people a family, thats about 19000 posts if each posts one time but the post is going to average 4 a person and that about 80000 posts and it will last most of the year. T better get his server working.

Antwan...not sure what was meant by that either. I have always thought of Smith Co. as one of the better programs in our area. Don't take that comment too personal.

I never take anything on the t personally. SC has had some very good teams...just not title contenders like the person's team that made that comment. It seems that team has not lived up to their potential either...although they had a pretty good run last year.

Oh friend of mine....If we have a player move in, it is because she and her family want to move, not because our coach or someone cut a deal or made some promises to get her to move. You wouldn't get an apology from me, nor a smirk. My opinion of how the Browns conduct business has not changed.

There are always some players that move during the off season, out of 9 player transfers/moves since the 03-04 season mentioned in the Herald-Citizen on Sunday 6-1-08, 7 of those player involved Jackson County(one left for Smith Co.), 2 involved Clarkrange (one left for Stone).

Brown works hard in the offseason to build a team, Rogers works hard to develop a team. And you guys don't have to act like Brown has some deals in the works as suggested earlier. We are sure he does, there are lots of rumors floating around.....some probably have some substance. Notice how no one is counting Jackson County out even though the graduated three starters. Coach Brown will have a good team regardless if he picks up a couple of new players or if he sticks with what he has.

So if i understand you correctly you are saying that C'range gets this player to move in based on her family just wanting to move to beautiful Clarkrange? It had nothing to do with the fact that she could possibly have a chance to play for a state championship and that if JC gets a transfer in then they have illegally recruited her is that what i'm reading? Were you not the one that challenged me last year to find someone that played for C'range that didn't live there? Now all of a sudden you get a transfer and its and i quote " because she and her family want to move" now thats funny. Might i remind you that Coach Brown won 4 State Championships in a row with girls ONLY from Jackson County. I do consider the source and you're insane posts on coacht over the past year of so, so i won't comment further as you continually put your foot in your mouth most of the time as you have now done. Coach Rogers is a very good coach, one of the best in the nation no doubt but so is Coach Brown and you need to give credit where credit is due. The bottom line is Jackson County IS the reigning STATE CHAMPION and C'range came in second, nothing wrong with the silver medal!

So if i understand you correctly you are saying that C'range gets this player to move in based on her family just wanting to move to beautiful Clarkrange? It had nothing to do with the fact that she could possibly have a chance to play for a state championship and that if JC gets a transfer in then they have illegally recruited her is that what i'm reading? Were you not the one that challenged me last year to find someone that played for C'range that didn't live there? Now all of a sudden you get a transfer and its and i quote " because she and her family want to move" now thats funny. Might i remind you that Coach Brown won 4 State Championships in a row with girls ONLY from Jackson County. I do consider the source and you're insane posts on coacht over the past year of so, so i won't comment further as you continually put your foot in your mouth most of the time as you have now done. Coach Rogers is a very good coach, one of the best in the nation no doubt but so is Coach Brown and you need to give credit where credit is due. The bottom line is Jackson County IS the reigning STATE CHAMPION and C'range came in second, nothing wrong with the silver medal!

They aren't moving in - they are renting

I agree. If every coach put half the time Coach Heady puts into his program, they would be a lot better. He is a dedicated coach to his school and community. Just because Molly is moving does not mean his loyalty to Monterey is gone. Remember he is a parent before a coach.

Also Redog, I know for a fact they are looking at a couple houses in Clarkrange to buy so get your info straight before you post. Thats how all these rumors get started.