Tennessee/Georgia All Star Game

owlfutbol

I have not seen the roster posted yet....but it should be very soon. I have heard a partial list for the Tennessee guys though...and as you would expect it is a who's who for Southeast Tennessee. A ton of talent. Georgia will be as well with a hot bed of talent in the Dalton/Whitfield area.

Should be out by this Friday.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know...I am not sure that any other part of the state could pull off what the Chattanooga area has...and after tonight I believe this. We in the Southeast Tn...and Northwest Ga area have a very unique rivalry....that most folks may not understand. With our logistics...we have a very intense rivarly with the North Ga folks. The Tn and Ga all star football game was tonight at Finley Stadium...UTC's home field...and what a crowd it was. Tn won 41-0 to pull ahead in the series 3-2...that included a bench clearing brawl with 2 minutes left. This happened only because of the intense rivalry between the 2 borders. I can't wait for the soccer game....that should have a very big crowd in Dalton. The Ga folks will fill it up....come on Chattanooga area....let's show up to support Team Tennessee. Let's support our teams....this is an incredible opportunity that our area offers....very unique!

There's a link to the article in the CHATTANOOGAN.COM on the main page but in case the article rolls off to the archives I'll list the rosters here:

The Tennessee squads will be represented by players from seven different schools that all participated in this year's state tournaments while Georgia's rosters will also feature seven schools that made the state field.

TENNESSEE GIRLS

Mary Shelton Bryant (Baylor)

Heather Lee (Chattanooga Christian)

Dana Streufert (Chattanooga Christian)

Charity Blair (GPS)

Abby Ellis (GPS)

Jamie Holstine (GPS)

Catie Lester (GPS)

Meredith McLean (GPS)

Kathryn Gomez (McMinn County)

Sarah Bohr (Notre Dame)

Megan Dorris (Notre Dame)

Katie Finkle (Ooltewah)

Sara Kluttz (Ooltewah)

Jordan Middleton (Ooltewah)

Morgan Shelton (Ooltewah)

Heidi Steger (Ooltewah)

Caiden Barcomb (Soddy-Daisy)

Coach: Will Kelser (GPS/ McCallie)

TENNESSEE BOYS

Andrew Roden (Baylor)

Kelly Smith (Baylor)

Danny Van Valkinburgh (Baylor)

Chris Wilson (Baylor)

Brad Gibson (Chattanooga Christian)

Anselmo Heath (Chattanooga Christian)

Edgar Cordero (Cleveland)

Drew Henderson (Cleveland)

Duncan Keegan (CSAS)

Adam Wright (CSAS)

Cartter Kerr (McCallie)

Jesse Morgan (McCallie)

Clint Parker (McCallie)

John Runyan (McMinn County)

Jordan Wright (McMinn County)

Kevin Abel (Notre Dame)

Caleb Jones (Ooltewah)

Daniel Tackling (Ooltewah)

Coach: Curtis Blair (Baylor)

GEORGIA GIRLS

Jessica Sexauer (Adairsville)

Beth Brownlow (Armuchee)

Summer Sutton (Armuchee)

Jenna Joyave (Calhoun)

Sally Peterson (Calhoun)

Katie Scott (Calhoun)

Brandi Reyes (Coosa)

Jessica Beck (Fannin Co.)

Dilyn MacLean (Fannin Co.)

Shari Langley (Model)

Cecely Braden (Model)

April Goodrich (Murray Co.)

Taylor Benefield (Ridgeland)

Amber Scealf (Ridgeland)

Lauren Roberts (Rome)

Megg Hosea (Rome)

Adrian Hicks (Woodland)

Coach: Jonathan Schneider (LFO)

GEORGIA BOYS

Josh Baue (Calhoun)

Andy Elakman (Calhoun)

David Greene (Christian Heritage)

Aaron Knox (Christian Heritage)

Zach Carroll (Christian Heritage)

Zach Miller (Christian Heritage)

Fellipe Gonzalez (Christian Heritage)

Luis Rivas (Dalton)

Osvaldo Fraire (Dalton)

Saul Maldonado (Dalton)

Carlos Mendez (Dalton)

Alfredo Preciado (Murray Co.)

Miguel Tapia (Northwest)

Frankie Jimenez (Northwest)

Pedro Hernandez (Northwest)

Michael Martinez (Northwest)

Josh Cherry (Northwest)

Giovanni Valencia (Northwest)

Victor Rodriguez (Southeast)

Jeorge Gutierrez (Southeast)

Pedro Almazan (Southeast)

Alex Villia (Southeast)

Eduardo Guerro (Southeast)

Luis Hernandez (Southeast)

Coaches: John Seehorn (Christian Heritage) and Jamison Griffin (Southeast)

Thanks retiredref for posting the roster on this thread as well. A ton of talent on the Tennessee roster and they are all very deserving. A couple of these guys were not on the Times Best of Preps.....it was rediculous. Great guys on there were listed....but a few were not. An amazing defender was left off and....no it was not from ND....but glad to see all that I felt should represent Tennessee on this squad. Georgia also has tons of talent as the North Ga area (Whitfield County in particular) brings alot to the table. Can't wait for this game. Expect a close one.....and I believe they are expecting a couple of thousand at least for the game. Go Team Tennessee and Go Irish!

I don't think there is an easy way to pick these teams (which is one reason why I am sort of glad that we aren't having one around Knoxville). I wouldn't want to be the one to have to pick them. It is hard enough to get your all district teams together, let alone the best from all divisions in a certain area.

Either way, it should be a lot of fun. Best of luck to both teams, and have a blast!

You know...I am not sure that any other part of the state could pull off what the Chattanooga area has...and after tonight I believe this. We in the Southeast Tn...and Northwest Ga area have a very unique rivalry....that most folks may not understand. With our logistics...we have a very intense rivarly with the North Ga folks. The Tn and Ga all star football game was tonight at Finley Stadium...UTC's home field...and what a crowd it was. Tn won 41-0 to pull ahead in the series 3-2...that included a bench clearing brawl with 2 minutes left. This happened only because of the intense rivalry between the 2 borders. I can't wait for the soccer game....that should have a very big crowd in Dalton. The Ga folks will fill it up....come on Chattanooga area....let's show up to support Team Tennessee. Let's support our teams....this is an incredible opportunity that our area offers....very unique!

Since Tennessee won, does that mean we get to keep our water for another year? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I really like the looks of the TN roster and agree with you about Carter Paden. I asked a few people and heard that he was out of town...so that may be the reason. However, I know these things are hard to pick but I could not believe that Carter Paden was not on Best of Preps....just a tremendous player I believe alot were very surprised that he was not on first or at least 2nd team. The other shock for me was Andrew Roden. Most people that watched Baylor play thought he is the best defender in the city....can't believe not 1st team....but not even 2nd? Bazaar. Glad to see he would be an all star anyway. I will be going to Dalton to hopefully see a very talented Tn team win....if not it will at least be a great game between the border states.

biggest ommissions - Carter Paden & Matthew Keaney

bluelion i will agree with you on most of what you say. i think this is a great lineup and represents our area very well. i think that the best of preps for soccer was very good and i would hate to be the one picking the players. but for me there was 2 glaring ommissions.....first for mccallie was matt higgins. i know that 2 goalies were already picked and they are good ones. but no one meant anymore for their team than higgins...he had a tremendous year and he should have gotten recognition for it. the other is andrew roden of baylor. i saw them play a couple of times and once was against nd. he meant as much to their team as anyone and i think he is the best defender in the area. incredible throw ins. obviously he is on the tn all star roster though. i know that it is hard to select best of preps but to me....those players are hands down best of preps. you obviously have to satisfy alot of schools to try and give them a player on the list if possibly....but come on. that being said i will be there thursday cheering on team tennessee.

I really like the looks of the TN roster and agree with you about Carter Paden. I asked a few people and heard that he was out of town...so that may be the reason. However, I know these things are hard to pick but I could not believe that Carter Paden was not on Best of Preps....just a tremendous player I believe alot were very surprised that he was not on first or at least 2nd team. The other shock for me was Andrew Roden. Most people that watched Baylor play thought he is the best defender in the city....can't believe not 1st team....but not even 2nd? Bazaar. Glad to see he would be an all star anyway. I will be going to Dalton to hopefully see a very talented Tn team win....if not it will at least be a great game between the border states.

You are right Team Tennessee did control the game and the 2-1 score was not at all reflective of the game. We missed some great opportunities and Georgia did not score until one minute left in the game. I was somewhat surprised at how easily Tennessee was able to stop the highly talked about Georgia team. But with just one practice the guys played surprising well together and were fun to watch. Tennessee leads the series now 4-1.

Tennessee wins 2 to 1. The Tennessee boys controlled the ball much of the game and had numerous opportunities to score.