jo byrns vs. Harpeth scrimmage

jacket2557

I heard from a Jo Byrns fan that they only beat harpeth by one touchdown in their scrimmage. Like 3 to 2 or something. He said it was because Jo Byrns wasn't very good this year, but I don't know if I believe that. He's been known to sandbag. I was wondering if Jo Byrns was going to have a down year, or if Harpeth is that much better than they have been. Maybe a little of both. Any news on the subject would be appreciated.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a Jo Byrns fan that they only beat harpeth by one touchdown in their scrimmage. Like 3 to 2 or something. He said it was because Jo Byrns wasn't very good this year, but I don't know if I believe that. He's been known to sandbag. I was wondering if Jo Byrns was going to have a down year, or if Harpeth is that much better than they have been. Maybe a little of both. Any news on the subject would be appreciated.

Moto said they would win the region again this year. He's a little biased though....... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Can't really pick against them though until someone proves they can play with them. WHH was able to beat them last year which made Cascade and JB co-champs for the record books. They still won it in my opinion since Cascade wasn't the one who beat them.

JB beat Harpeth 3-0 with the first team (and back-up QB) and 2-0 with the second team. The Defense didn't allow a TD in either spring scrimmage (Montgomery Central & Harpeth). No down year...

JB beat Harpeth 3-0 with the first team (and back-up QB) and 2-0 with the second team. The Defense didn't allow a TD in either spring scrimmage (Montgomery Central & Harpeth). No down year...

And may I add that he is a freshman to be this fall, 10 of 11 with 1td pass against harpeth 1rst team, gonna be a good one ! IMO the defence overall has a slight edge over last years team ( overall ) all 11 very quick. Due to other teams in the reigon closing the gap I feel that the reigon champ will have a loss or 2 when its all said and done. The DEVILS have some minor work to do but I think they have the potential to make another good run in 08, watch out for this freshman to be bunch in a year or 2

And may I add that he is a freshman to be this fall, 10 of 11 with 1td pass against harpeth 1rst team, gonna be a good one ! IMO the defence overall has a slight edge over last years team ( overall ) all 11 very quick. Due to other teams in the reigon closing the gap I feel that the reigon champ will have a loss or 2 when its all said and done. The DEVILS have some minor work to do but I think they have the potential to make another good run in 08, watch out for this freshman to be bunch in a year or 2

Yea I couldn't believe it when I read it. I didn't know he was that good!

Jo Byrns won like 4-0. Harpeth's starting QB was out with a meniscus tear, TB/CB out for track, OL/DL out with knee and FB/LB resting a knee and the Indians installed a new offense.

I wouldn't put much stock into this scrimmage as far as Harpeth goes. They'll look completely different in the Fall from a personnel standpoint and they should make the playoffs.

It is well known by folks in KS that we had a lot of key players not dressed out for the scrimmage. JB is a good team, but not as good as the scrimmage may have looked. We played a lot of young kids in key spots and some kids are hurt

like ksgovols said. We will be a force in region play and we will make a playoff spot. The new look to the "O" is coming along and will pay off in the fall. don't worry about my boys from KS. GO TRIBE!!!!!!!

Well Like Alot Of Old Coon Hunters Say When The Tailgate Drops The Bull Sh_t Stops. And When This Season Finds You At Jo Byrns On A Friday Evening The Hype And Hysteria Will Be Vanquished.

I'm Sure Jo Byrns Will Be Up To The Task. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well Like Alot Of Old Coon Hunters Say When The Tailgate Drops The Bull Sh_t Stops. And When This Season Finds You At Jo Byrns On A Friday Evening The Hype And Hysteria Will Be Vanquished.

I'm Sure Jo Byrns Will Be Up To The Task. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And Butchie never drops the tailgate...good to see you again Butchie.

And Butchie never drops the tailgate...good to see you again Butchie.

And You As Well. Hello To All My Reddevil Friends. Can't Wait Til The Porkchop Sandwiches Are Ready, And The Fog And The Motors Reving..... I'm Getting Way To Worked Up For So Early In The Season. Oh Crap It Hasn't Started Yet. Well Here Is Good Luck Anywho. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

And You As Well. Hello To All My Reddevil Friends. Can't Wait Til The Porkchop Sandwiches Are Ready, And The Fog And The Motors Reving..... I'm Getting Way To Worked Up For So Early In The Season. Oh Crap It Hasn't Started Yet. Well Here Is Good Luck Anywho. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You know football season is just around the corner when The Butchie shows up. Good to hear from you my friend.

See ya back, man if its in your blood you just cant get enough, sometimes I find myself reving that chevy in my drive way, its on the way, gotta checkout them fog machines soon also, great to see ya back on T, & I got your message a few weeks ago "ole man" you must have not got mine