Where did Topic on TBCA showcase go?

NETFan

Has anyone called the coaches or the TBCA to get a roster? I think the South Doyle coach is the president.

I think it would be better for the coach of the team to put out a roster and what school they are from. The SD coach has retired. Two years ago, not one player tried out from Anderson County yet they had several players on this team. Are we picking from tryouts or other ways? Maybe someone could or would shed some thoughts on this?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be better for the coach of the team to put out a roster and what school they are from. The SD coach has retired. Two years ago, not one player tried out from Anderson County yet they had several players on this team. Are we picking from tryouts or other ways? Maybe someone could or would shed some thoughts on this?

Also, why we are asking someone to shed some light on this, what was the East TN teams record last year?

There is a lot of misinformation being put out here.

There is a lot of misinformation being put out here.

Pat Swallows is the head of the TBCA.

AC players were in the State tournament the year they didn't tryout (so were some very good farragut players that were on the team).

Who cares who wins..... It is a showcase.

AC players were in the State tournament the year they didn't tryout (so were some very good farragut players that were on the team).

For upperclassman. How was AC coach there but not players? And get Swallows to post roster. If you take freshman because you say it is about the best platers then you say it is about winning.

So you answered the question, the team wasn't picked from the tryouts. It was picked before the tryouts. To answer your question, who cares, probably the 70 or 80 players and their parents that went to the tryout hoping to get a fair shake.

So you answered the question, the team wasn't picked from the tryouts. It was picked before the tryouts. To answer your question, who cares, probably the 70 or 80 players and their parents that went to the tryout hoping to get a fair shake.

TSSAA will not allow players on State tournament teams to tryout.

On the website it said Underclassmen not upperclassmen showcase tryouts.

TSSAA will not allow players on State tournament teams to tryout.

On the website it said Underclassmen not upperclassmen showcase tryouts.

They were not at the state . There coach was at the tryout. That was 2 years ago when there was two teams so it does not matter. Just post who made the team . It is simple. . Where is coach Swallows from and how can he be reached?

i closed it and i think somene deleted it all they was doing was bashing coaches and their picks and if it continues it will be closed again please talk about the team and the player but lets not get into bashing

Thanks RiverdaleMan. It's no wonder that the coaches do not want to post the roster or deal with any of the discontentment. This program is for the players, the coaches do not get paid, the coaches work with players that they do not know, and put time and effort into this.There have been several bashings, on the slections made, and it would not surprise me if the whole program was stopped due to the malcontents. Limbaugh responded last year with a rebuttle to this very topic, and in region 3/4 the evidence was clear that "daddyball" or "politics" did not play into the selection process. I will go a little farther by stating that of the 23 upperclassman selected, in 2007, from regions 3/4, 7 signed DI, 4 signed NAIA, 4 signed JUCO, 2 decided to play football, and 1 was tragically killed in an automobile accident. So, the process must have been sound because these players didn't become excellent players at the TBCA, they already were excellent. Steve Garland, from Soddy Daisey coached the 2007 region 3/4 team and is an outstanding human being. One players parents had to miss the entire game set at Vanderbuilt due to an out of state family illness, and Coach Garland made certain that the player knew how to get home, checked on his status, called to make certain that the player was OK, and made certain that the player was "looked after" while the parents were out of town. By the way, Coach Garland did not know this kid. If that is "daddyball", I wish that there were more Coach Garlands in this world.

Limbaugh responded last year with a rebuttle to this very topic

I did? What did I say?

The Showcase is a great weekend of high school baseball - kind of a like a family reunion. A reunion of some great people giving of their time and energy trying to help kids have a great weekend of baseball. No matter who gets picked, some folks who are not picked will not be happy. I'll be there again ina couple of weeks... Watching some great kids play some pretty good baseball.....

Thanks RiverdaleMan. It's no wonder that the coaches do not want to post the roster or deal with any of the discontentment. This program is for the players, the coaches do not get paid, the coaches work with players that they do not know, and put time and effort into this.There have been several bashings, on the slections made, and it would not surprise me if the whole program was stopped due to the malcontents. Limbaugh responded last year with a rebuttle to this very topic, and in region 3/4 the evidence was clear that "daddyball" or "politics" did not play into the selection process. I will go a little farther by stating that of the 23 upperclassman selected, in 2007, from regions 3/4, 7 signed DI, 4 signed NAIA, 4 signed JUCO, 2 decided to play football, and 1 was tragically killed in an automobile accident. So, the process must have been sound because these players didn't become excellent players at the TBCA, they already were excellent. Steve Garland, from Soddy Daisey coached the 2007 region 3/4 team and is an outstanding human being. One players parents had to miss the entire game set at Vanderbuilt due to an out of state family illness, and Coach Garland made certain that the player knew how to get home, checked on his status, called to make certain that the player was OK, and made certain that the player was "looked after" while the parents were out of town. By the way, Coach Garland did not know this kid. If that is "daddyball", I wish that there were more Coach Garlands in this world.

Hold on while I wipe the tears away. We are not talking about regions 3/4. We are talking about 1&2. Hard not to call it daddy ball when coach had 2 sons on the team and at least 3 sophs last year. Can we come tryout for 3/4.

I am actually sorry for the tone but TBCA changed format to let juco coaches pick team. All sounded good but then coaches are telling marginal kids from there school that they are on the team at the tryouts. Why not post the team?