D2 Football

jon26

keep believin that , its very creative ways that they are recruited and when i saY RECRUITED i dont mean dangle keys of a benz or $$$ they spot a kid they want, they get him - so what is your date to show why these super star kids pick a ba or ensowrth ? how does this come to be then ? why do they pick it and go there and go tuba player from east nashville high wants to go but he is not offered a free ride

what did Mark Twain say..."it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are fool than to open it and remove all doubt." Words for us all to ponder...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree it does make a public school better , look at INDY last year they played BA and MBA in a three week period and it made them better - but the point here is that they recruit

No, its just the only point you will accept. Recruiting is illegal, and the fact is very very few incidents of recruiting are documented, but since you yourself accuse your own self of cheating, then thats what has to be occurring in the state of Tennessee. Many students who are not athletes have access to private schools and get the same financial assistence if they qualify as anyone else. Who can blame an athlete or a flute player when you can attend a school where your chances of academic success, athletic success. and overall safety is greatly increased. All financial aid is carefully monitored by an independent agency who has no dog in the hunt. I know dozens of students who received financial aid that played no sports whatsoever. In Metro Davidson County and Robertson County, both school systems have not met the minimal standards acceptable by federal standard. The state now takes over. I bet they just loved getting that job. I am amazed at anyone in the tennessee area that does not jump at the chance of attending private school if possible. Look at all the private schools whose athletic records are average at best, I guess they don't recruit very well. Ps these types of posts would cease if the athletes in most public schools that walk out the door at the end of the day, would instead stay and play sports. I know and have been told by public high school principals that there are Phy Ed teams in some of the bigger high schools that could compete with most anyone if they only played. I don't think there is any way to blame private schools for this lackluster atitude that is so prevalent in athletics and academics in many public schools. PSS---when you referred to a level playing field, you do understand that privates that give financial aid to athletes are in Division II, and privates that don't are allowed to play in Division I in Tennessee. Whats the problem or better yet, Whats your problem? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No, its just the only point you will accept. Recruiting is illegal, and the fact is very very few incidents of recruiting are documented, but since you yourself accuse your own self of cheating, then thats what has to be occurring in the state of Tennessee. Many students who are not athletes have access to private schools and get the same financial assistence if they qualify as anyone else. Who can blame an athlete or a flute player when you can attend a school where your chances of academic success, athletic success. and overall safety is greatly increased. All financial aid is carefully monitored by an independent agency who has no dog in the hunt. I know dozens of students who received financial aid that played no sports whatsoever. In Metro Davidson County and Robertson County, both school systems have not met the minimal standards acceptable by federal standard. The state now takes over. I bet they just loved getting that job. I am amazed at anyone in the tennessee area that does not jump at the chance of attending private school if possible. Look at all the private schools whose athletic records are average at best, I guess they don't recruit very well. Ps these types of posts would cease if the athletes in most public schools that walk out the door at the end of the day, would instead stay and play sports. I know and have been told by public high school principals that there are Phy Ed teams in some of the bigger high schools that could compete with most anyone if they only played. I don't think there is any way to blame private schools for this lackluster atitude that is so prevalent in athletics and academics in many public schools. PSS---when you referred to a level playing field, you do understand that privates that give financial aid to athletes are in Division II, and privates that don't are allowed to play in Division I in Tennessee. Whats the problem or better yet, Whats your problem? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

So my problem is your problems grow up - since you are the czar of private schools go do a study of the kids on the varsity football team at BA or Ensworth and let me know how many of the players are on financial aid, and give me the percent of what thier parents pay towards the cost of tuition/ I CANT blame a kid for wanting a greater education nor attend a school for his/her safety- you state that in metro and Robertson co. both meet the minimal standards and how you are amazed why more dont jump at the chance to go to a private school - well i put this challenge to the test , i had my sister ( single mom of a 16 year old boy - no sports) she makes about 36 to 38 grand a year contact both Ensworth and BA how much finacial aid she could be granted? YEah i know differnent variables to great to measure ...Why is it my daughter ( standout at basketball heading into 8th grade ) gets some flyers from private shcools and kids same grade next door never recieve any ( is it lost in the mail ) You also stated some private schools are no good at sports well against a BA or MBA yeah, maybe they dont recruit as heavily as they do , but i can assure you they are strong- so you talk to principals and they say some pysh ed teams could compete against any team if they played shouldnt you been talking to a AD or coach instead of a principal and how would a principal know this just becasue they are a big kid does not make them good (silly reply by you) very well aware of div 2 giving aid why do you think its called div 2 ? for the fact they they know they the level playing fields are not fair- oaky you WIN they dont recrit since thier is no hard evidence ( i beg to differ as looks like BA has a death penalty coming up for this year ) maybe i use the word recruit in the wrong way and looking back yeah maybe they dont recruit can i say theu persuade and make an offer to Jonny football star to good to pass up- i mean if jonny was offered a free ride at ensworth ( what 16000 tution tag i think ) wouldnt you jump on it as well_ i mean cmon free tuition, hey do they give him free rides home after practice as well ?

So my problem is your problems grow up - since you are the czar of private schools go do a study of the kids on the varsity football team at BA or Ensworth and let me know how many of the players are on financial aid, and give me the percent of what thier parents pay towards the cost of tuition/ I CANT blame a kid for wanting a greater education nor attend a school for his/her safety- you state that in metro and Robertson co. both meet the minimal standards and how you are amazed why more dont jump at the chance to go to a private school - well i put this challenge to the test , i had my sister ( single mom of a 16 year old boy - no sports) she makes about 36 to 38 grand a year contact both Ensworth and BA how much finacial aid she could be granted? YEah i know differnent variables to great to measure ...Why is it my daughter ( standout at basketball heading into 8th grade ) gets some flyers from private shcools and kids same grade next door never recieve any ( is it lost in the mail ) You also stated some private schools are no good at sports well against a BA or MBA yeah, maybe they dont recruit as heavily as they do , but i can assure you they are strong- so you talk to principals and they say some pysh ed teams could compete against any team if they played shouldnt you been talking to a AD or coach instead of a principal and how would a principal know this just becasue they are a big kid does not make them good (silly reply by you) very well aware of div 2 giving aid why do you think its called div 2 ? for the fact they they know they the level playing fields are not fair- oaky you WIN they dont recrit since thier is no hard evidence ( i beg to differ as looks like BA has a death penalty coming up for this year ) maybe i use the word recruit in the wrong way and looking back yeah maybe they dont recruit can i say theu persuade and make an offer to Jonny football star to good to pass up- i mean if jonny was offered a free ride at ensworth ( what 16000 tution tag i think ) wouldnt you jump on it as well_ i mean cmon free tuition, hey do they give him free rides home after practice as well ?

I do not have a problem, but you obviously do. I am having a difficult time reading your posts, only because they make little to no sense, and the spelling is horrible. And frankly sir, your logic is horrible as well. Keep posting and your points of view will be paid little attention. As far as your sister, you never stated what she could receive, plus there are a hundred other factors that determine financial assistence, I know, I have filled the forms out many times. Actually the principal I conferred with was a standout athlete when he attended school, so he knows athletes when he see's them. And I stand by my earlier post that some private schools are average in sports at best. So you trying to discredit either example just doesn't hold water. You have a disdain for private schools, who knows what the true source of your discontent is. Perhaps your affiliation with them in the past was terminated or who knows. But as I posted before, you know very little of the facts when it pertains to private schools, especially if you actually worked for them. Your posts are fraught with emotional baggage of which you don't have a thread of proof. If you were in a court of law, you would be held in contempt. In order for a kid to get in Endsworth, he must first pass an entrance test. Then as far as financial aid, if he qualifies for a totally free ride, (I suspect this is extremely rare),so be it. And if he doesn't cut the mustard academically, he is still going home, and if none of the aforementioned is against any rules, whats the problem. As I posted before, whats your problem other than a hidden agenda. I have been associated with private schools for over 30 years and I have personally never heard of any student getting a flyer from a private school. Perhaps it was different in Chicago. If receiving a flyer in the mail is illegal, then it would be one hot minute till someone reported it. If it is not illegal according to TSSAA, then whats the problem. I strongly suspect that your problem with private schools is not restricted to athletes. There's more here, but I don't care to hear about it. Thank God for the private schools. And blessings to all students both public and private. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I think I speak for many when I say I would prefer that the "recruiting" discussions be confined to the "public-private" forum. That way, I can go to that forum if I want to rehash the recruiting debate ad vomitum. Otherwise, I would like to read about the upcoming season on this thread. Lots here about BA and MBA. What's the word on Baylor and McCallie?

Ok, tell me the local Brentwood area middle school scholars BA recruited because I cannot back it up that BA has not recruited local scholar students to attend this fine educational institution.

It looks like getting beat by the same school year after year will end after this year due to realignment of the public schools and wild card system. BA will have to play all DII teams or out of state teams next year...have a nice road trip.

Did you ever think of not playing local teams may have a negative effect on the school athletic programs? Lack of local teams not filling up BA football stadium will not only affect the revenue of the football but other non-revenue sports. It appears future cost of additional travel expenses to far off places and drop in revenue of paid football and concession attendance will have devastating effect unless the parents ante up the lost revenue. The net effect on revenue to the public schools will be minor if not increased because privates like BA and MBA don’t bring a very good crowd on away games. This is understandable because the population of BA or MBA is about the size of a public Class 1A or 2A.

So tell me who is going to suffer on the final outcome.

I did not assert that BA recruited anyone. Therefore, your question is not applicable.

I did not consider any of those things that you mentioned. They are all good points. It would be terrible not having any money. Wait, it gets worse!!! You forgot that it would drastically harm our winning percentage, as well.

I am not sure why you mention all of this. I was talking about MBA. They beat us year after year and I always end up accusing them of being a bunch of meanies. Who did you think I was talking about????

so congrats he went to the naval academy and i am happy for him , but this is just one kid- tell me how did Jabaree decide to go to BA? Did he wake up one day and say hmmm i want to go to BA, did his parent(s) decide for him - Did BA accpet him becasue he could play football VERY WELL, becasue i could almost assure you they didnt take him becasue he could play the flute well - Look at the sports page today tennessean, the o and d line of BA is the size of most div one schools ( well heck it is they are all being recruited by DIV I team)

Why dont all high schools drop zoning bylawys.

I don't know the answers to any of those questions. He was president of the student body and played the trumpet in the band. I do my best to stick to what I know are facts. That practice and spell-check rock!!!