REGION 4 1 A

football69

Alright now that we've heard what everyone has coming back next year let's hear some real predictions.

This is the way I believe the region will truly play out.

1.Trousdale

2.FC

3.Gordonsville

4.Watertown

5.Clay

6.Monterey

7.Red Boiling( that's right I believe this will be the year)

8.Mount Juliet

Even though I believe anything can happen, anyone can beat anyone between spots 2 and 6.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on orangeCrush's in depth breakdown I can't argue with your picks. I know Gordonsville may be down but they are a proud football program, so you sure can't take them lightly. It will be fatal for the team that overlooks Gordonsville. It sounds like Clay, Watertown, and Monterrey may be a tossup. RBS and MJCA is a pick'em. I know Trousdale is the front runner and everybody's crowned them already. But I'm going to hope for a different order of finish on 1 and 2. That's not a prediction, that's a hope.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I agree everybody has allready crowned tc champs. But one big problem no satterfield on the sidelines or in the game. How many years has it been since that has happened. Idont really like him but he was a good coach who found ways to win with any kind of players . Say what you want with him not on sidelines thats a big loss.Heck think what watertown does to them this year. ha ha just kidding. Its going to be a great season. Just hope someone from this region beats south pit. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> .

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I agree everybody has allready crowned tc champs. But one big problem no satterfield on the sidelines or in the game. How many years has it been since that has happened. Idont really like him but he was a good coach who found ways to win with any kind of players . Say what you want with him not on sidelines thats a big loss.Heck think what watertown does to them this year. ha ha just kidding. Its going to be a great season. Just hope someone from this region beats south pit. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> .

you make a good point . no can replace clint i mean he done crap that no one else would think of . guys last years T.C team was well young an not all that talented . an they beat some teams they should have not beat an that was alot of just clint doin his thing . clint is one of the best coaches there has ever benn in tennessee high school football . i am not a T.C fan but my hat goes off to clint would not want to be the guy that has to fill his shoes. he may just hop on a /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> an get out off town /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If injuries don't plague our boys this year like they did last year I'm predicting a few upsets. Call me crazy but here's my predictions for the season.

1.Trousdale

2.FC

3.Clay or Gordonsville

4.Clay or Gordonsville

5.Watertown

6.Monterey

7.Mount J

8.Red Boiling

The game between Clay and Gordonsville will be tough to predict the more talented team will be Gordonsville but it's at Clay. If injuries don't tear them apart by week 10 of the season I'm predicting Clay. Again call me crazy.

Here is a break down for each team in Region 4 1A, with regards to who lost the most players from their 2007 teams. This is not meant to give an order of finish for 2008, but to give a better idea of which teams have the most players returning. I am by no means an expert, but just a fan giving his humble opinion.

1. Gordonsville: By far they lost more players than anyone else in the region. In all the Tigers lost around 14-15 seniors and have lost about another 6 in the off-season to various reasons. There are about 5 players returning that started: Cody Woodmore, Brady Hearn, Chase Malone, J.T. Butler, and Storm Denson. But, G-Ville is always good and would expect them to be playing come week 11.

2. Watertown: The Purple Tigers lost some very quality players that will be hard pressed to replace. They are losing 11 guys that either started or played extensively. Now, they also have about 8 guys back with the same type of game experience, but depth could be a problem where as last year it was a strength. It will be interesting to see if they can replace the 3 receivers and 3 offensive linemen they lost. It they can then they will be tough. Phillips is a very good QB and both RB's are back.

3 Clay County: The Bulldogs played good football last year with a team that had 10 seniors. Each of these guys started or played a good portion of the game. Several of them also went both ways, which means they lost a lot of starters. It will be hard to replace their RB's Richardson and the elder Brown. But, they have a good athlete at QB returning in Bailey and most of the line is back. They are also losing some solid recievers. I would expect the Bulldogs to play a serious roll in who does and does not make the playoffs.

4. Monterey: The Wildcats are losing some solid players in Jacob and Hank Phillips, Rittenberry, Miller, Cogsdale, and Crabtree. Plus, their QB has evidently decided not to play this season and concentrate on baseball, which he does have a future in. That means 5 or their 6 backs on offense are gone. But, they return most of their line. Defensively, some holes must be filled, but they return about 6-7 starters their. If their O will can come along their D will keep them in games. I would expect them to battle for a playoff spot and probably get it.

5. Red Boiling Springs: The Bulldogs are losing 6 seniors, which includes 2 time all-region Patrick Berry and Mark Shirley. These guys never left the field, which means that they are losing half of their starters. This is why I put them at number five on the list.

6. Friendship Christian: The Commanders are losing roughly 8 of their 22 positions. Due to injuries last year they had numerous kids get valuable playing experience, which could pay off this season. Depth could still be a problem in some areas, but at what 1A school is it not? On offense four starting linemen return and the QB, 1 RB, FB, and all receivers. The defense must tighten up its line due to graduation where they lost 3 starters. Four LB's with starting experience return and three of their four DB's. I think their senior class will be strong. It will be interesting to see how they come together.

7. Trousdale County: The Yellow Jackets lost 2 players off of last years team, but I believe that everyone already knows that piece of information. In all 19 of their 22 positions return, which means that if they can stay healthy, then they will have a solid team. Creasy is a good coach and will pick up where Satterfield left off. There is really nothing else to say that hasn't already been.

8. MJCA: I put the Saints last on the list because they didn't have a single senior to my knowledge. Will that equal more wins this season? I don't know. But, Coach Townsend does a good job with his players. I would definitly expect them to be better in 2008.

That is my run down on who lost the most players in Region 4 1A from their 2007 teams. I do not stand by every figure I gave, but it is pretty close. I hope you injoy the reading since their is nothing else going on right now.

The Saints did not lose any seniors, because unfortunately for the second year in a row they did not have any. Therefore they are returning 22 starters with their QB Frazier and RB - LB Kocher leading the charge. There are 8-9 seniors on the roster for the fall and with the returning experience they will be better. I would not count on any upsets yet, but hopefully they will be more competitive. Any word on Heady leaving Monterey?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If injuries don't plague our boys this year like they did last year I'm predicting a few upsets. Call me crazy but here's my predictions for the season.

1.Trousdale

2.FC

3.Clay or Gordonsville

4.Clay or Gordonsville

5.Watertown

6.Monterey

7.Mount J

8.Red Boiling

The game between Clay and Gordonsville will be tough to predict the more talented team will be Gordonsville but it's at Clay. If injuries don't tear them apart by week 10 of the season I'm predicting Clay. Again call me crazy.

yeah yeah we all know u predict clay for the season mr. brown but i am gonna agree with u. if #42 bustes out that all-american speed watch out. He's been saving for this season. Here is my prdictions. 1.Clay 2.GHS 3.TCHS 4.friendship 5.WHS 6.MHS 7.MJCA 8.RBS--thats only if #42 for clay uses that speed he has /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

1.Trousdale

2.FC

3.Clay or Gordonsville

4.Clay or Gordonsville

5.Watertown

6.Monterey

7.Mount J

8.Red Boiling

Crazy!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You said so!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

yeah yeah we all know u predict clay for the season mr. brown but i am gonna agree with u. if #42 bustes out that all-american speed watch out. He's been saving for this season. Here is my prdictions. 1.Clay 2.GHS 3.TCHS 4.friendship 5.WHS 6.MHS 7.MJCA 8.RBS--thats only if #42 for clay uses that speed he has /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And if he is crazy!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You have lost it!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

glover wat do u know about football besides its an oval shapped leather ball with laces clay is the best team in region 4a and if #42 for clay really turns on the afterburners like i have seen him then he will tear whatever team u wanna put out there and run through around over under whatver way u want him to go through ur defense so dont call nobody crazy until u know exactly what ur talkin about