region2 district3 teams

keeperfan08

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any sleeper teams or will it be another year for West and Oakridge?

Don't expect it to be a cake walk for West and Oak Ridge this year. West is always good as is Oak Ridge. However, West was tested by a couple of teams last year and Oak Ridge lost a couple of Key Players. Given the bulk of Oak Ridge's High School players played together on the Krossfire (Competitive Team), OJ is going to have his work cut out for him this year.

Karns has several top level Division 1 Players returning, as does Powell. In the past 2 seasons both of these teams were really young, they should have Juniors and Sophmores with experience and expectations. I think it is going to be a Season that everyone better be ready to play every game.

Gretchen Johnson who was a defender for Karns, missed the last part of the season with an ACL tear. She is a defender on the 92 Impact Team is doing fine. She is going to Hardin Valley this year.

Is good to hear Gretchen is doing fine, she is a great girl and very good soccer player. My daughter played with her in Middle School before we moved to different school area. Too bad for Karns they won't have her for the next 3 years, lol. Do you know about Melissa Thomas from Velocity Premier if she is still going to be at Karns? If not, could be 2 huge losses for them those were 2 of their best Freshmen.

• 2 weeks later...

Is good to hear Gretchen is doing fine, she is a great girl and very good soccer player. My daughter played with her in Middle School before we moved to different school area. Too bad for Karns they won't have her for the next 3 years, lol. Do you know about Melissa Thomas from Velocity Premier if she is still going to be at Karns? If not, could be 2 huge losses for them those were 2 of their best Freshmen.

M. Thomas will stay at Karns

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so overall how did the rezoning effect the Karns team? Do you think Hardin Valley will be ready to compete in their first year?

Karns picked up a bunch of club Freshman. I have watched them twice already in practice matches. They will give West all they want and then some. Powell picked up some help also with a great Keeper. (cant remember her name) Jenna I believe. Central also picked up two freshman club players so they will be better. They actually beat Karns last year and played Powell to a double overtime shootout in the District playoff last year so they also have potential to do well. I would pick it Oak Ridge, karns, West, then Powell and Central.

Given the bulk of Oak Ridge's High School players played together on the Krossfire (Competitive Team), OJ is going to have his work cut out for him this year.

Transam,

What's your deal with trashing club teams. Didn't you learn in the other thread that OR has players from lots of club teams? Who cares what this Krossfire team did. You have made it clear that you think they are no good. Time to move on. We'll all know when Powell plays OR who is better.

Karns picked up a bunch of club Freshman. I have watched them twice already in practice matches. They will give West all they want and then some. Powell picked up some help also with a great Keeper. (cant remember her name) Jenna I believe. Central also picked up two freshman club players so they will be better. They actually beat Karns last year and played Powell to a double overtime shootout in the District playoff last year so they also have potential to do well. I would pick it Oak Ridge, karns, West, then Powell and Central.

I don't personally have a girl on Powells team but I have a good friend who has a daughter on the team. The great keeper you mentioned has only been to one workout all summer and was not at practice last week at all. She has not made a lot of friends by walking in at the last minute and not working out with the team this summer. Powell had and all district keeper last year that is returning. I guess what I'm saying is if Powell is going to improve this year it needs to be on the offensive side to put the ball in the net.

Transam,

What's your deal with trashing club teams. Didn't you learn in the other thread that OR has players from lots of club teams? Who cares what this Krossfire team did. You have made it clear that you think they are no good. Time to move on. We'll all know when Powell plays OR who is better.

Actually if you looked at the date of my post under this thread, it was during the same time we were having the discussion under the other thread. Before you start accusing make sure you pay attention to the date........

Their coach will do a good job preparing them.