Kat

riverdaleman

Congrats to Kat.

It seems like she should have gotten this award last year.

Wasn't she hurt in the first or second week of the season this year? How can she receive this award for this year?

that how good she is she only had to play 3 weeks LOL i think in the article that her ERA in those 3 weeks was about .026

The name of the award is : The national High School Coaches Association's National High school SENIOR Athlete of the year. Last year , catsbakr , she was a junior.

Exact quote from the article:

Hosfield, the University of Tennessee signee who set a national softball strikeouts record during her junior year at Riverdale, has been named the National High School Coaches Association national high school senior athlete of the year for softball....her strikeouts per seven innings ratio was 15.88.

"I think (the NHSCA honor) signifies mainly her junior season and then how hot she was in early March," Riverdale coach Jeff Breeden said.

"She's the best player I've coached, and she's one of the best players to ever play in Tennessee. I think it's very fitting for her."

Congrats Cat! great job

The name of the award is : The national High School Coaches Association's National High school SENIOR Athlete of the year. Last year , catsbakr , she was a junior.

Exact quote from the article:

Hosfield, the University of Tennessee signee who set a national softball strikeouts record during her junior year at Riverdale, has been named the National High School Coaches Association national high school senior athlete of the year for softball....her strikeouts per seven innings ratio was 15.88.

"I think (the NHSCA honor) signifies mainly her junior season and then how hot she was in early March," Riverdale coach Jeff Breeden said.

"She's the best player I've coached, and she's one of the best players to ever play in Tennessee. I think it's very fitting for her."

Congrats Cat! great job

Wow, what an award. I dont think any other player in Tennessee has ever reaped as many high awards and honors as Cat has. My daughter and I have known Cat for years and I will say her work ethic is like none I have ever seen. I am glad it payed off with these awards and such a prestigious scholarship. For those parents and players reading this , just know it takes , in addition to a lot of God given talent, a tremendous amount of hard work and positive coaching from her coaches to achieve the title of " All American " and " National Player of the year". Congrats to you and coach Breeden and staff of Riverdale.

Wow, what an award. I dont think any other player in Tennessee has ever reaped as many high awards and honors as Cat has. My daughter and I have known Cat for years and I will say her work ethic is like none I have ever seen. I am glad it payed off with these awards and such a prestigious scholarship. For those parents and players reading this , just know it takes , in addition to a lot of God given talent, a tremendous amount of hard work and positive coaching from her coaches to achieve the title of " All American " and " National Player of the year". Congrats to you and coach Breeden and staff of Riverdale.

She goes down in the high school hall of fame. What a great honor for not only her, but for her school and all of Tennessee softball! That has to be the highest honor any softball player could ever recieve. Congrats Cat!