coalfield head coach gone ?

baden550

I don't get on here and write too much. But this is a big event in the history of Morgan County Football. Because of that, I feel that I should post a few thoughts. Coach Kreis was a great coach, a great competitor and someone I considered a friend. He helped me as a young coach and I hate to hear he is hanging it up. He will be missed and I wish him well as he moves into the next phase of his life.

All the other noise on here simply distracts from the honor and accomplishment of the man. Talking about all of that on this thread is inappropriate. Take it off-line or on another thread. This should be for those who want to talk about Coach Kreis and what he has meant to football in Tennessee, Morgan County, Coalfield or them personally.

Good Luck Coach, You will be missed!!

Coach Shoe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All the other noise on here simply distracts from the honor and accomplishment of the man. Talking about all of that on this thread is inappropriate."

Good observation. However, the replies were in defense of Coalfield in general and Coach in particular. The accusations rendered could be construed toward him and his leadership. His integrity, accomplishments, and class are all noted. Those things should not be tainted by disgruntled folks that dislike Coalfield for those things that Coach K has given us over the years.

Well BUDDY, if MPG were the only one we were talking about, YOU might be right. But let's face it, he is only one of many over the years who have moved in to play ball. And there are examples for baseball and football that I do know one hundred percent. I have seen many over the years. You brought up MPG not me, so take your example and move on.

Let's remember the class of Coach K. Great Article today in the paper. Coach Kreis will be missed by all. See the story at

http://www.roanecounty.com/cgi-bin/storyvi...007.Full+Sports

Great article. I am glad the folks at Roane Co News showed Coach Kreis the respect he deserves with such an in-depth story. Great Job!

I really don't understand what there is to say. There is an uncertainty in the status and Coach K deserves respect, best not to comment. Allegations up thread addressed "complaints" to the Association. There have been complaints in the past, there will be complaints in the future, that is the nature of having a successful program. There have never been findings and there is not any now from any recent complaints. The rules regarding transfers are more defined for publics than privates because the catchment area is easier to define. When a kid transfers to Coalfield for whatever reason and is a good ball player those that have a axe to grind start waiving flags and shooting at us. The rules are followed. When those rules are followed, there will not be a finding. Maybe instead of wasting time investigating programs that are following the rules, those crying might start looking for a way to 1) make the rules better and change them, or 2) get a program that people actually wish to play for so much that they move into the catchment area.

I don't understand what any of this B.S meas, Cy state the truth. Coach K is going to be missed, and his record speaks for it self. I am a member of the tribe, we will miss him and would like to say thanks for all the great games. Good luck to coach Henry or whoever takes over. You are only as strong as your competition and coach K made all of the region stronger. Pride, Class and Character