Who will be the top teams in Mid Tenn

OffTheRecord

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will likely go down as a HS senior class that were 10 and 11 year olds have finally graduated and made an impact on girls basketball in Tennessee. Basketball has gotten progressively better as time has gone on. Can't see how the same schools that have been good in the past few years will still not be playing the same way for a number of reasons. Wilson Central, Shelbyville, Smyrna, Mt. Juliet, Riverdale( maybe because of the coaching changes), at least one of the Clarksville teams, Lawrence in AAA. The rest of the teams are likely one full step down due to many of them not spending time in the summer at play...AA and A it appears will be in the Upper Cumberland and in West Tennessee

I have heard that Clarksville High has a freshman post that is coming in and has already been contacted by some colleges and will have an impact immediately. I have also heard that Al Cooper, from NEHS, has been on the bench for nearly all of CHS's summer games. Is he on staff out there now? That would be an odd move to go from head coach to assistant coach wouldn't it?

I have heard that Clarksville High has a freshman post that is coming in and has already been contacted by some colleges and will have an impact immediately. I have also heard that Al Cooper, from NEHS, has been on the bench for nearly all of CHS's summer games. Is he on staff out there now? That would be an odd move to go from head coach to assistant coach wouldn't it?

The freshman is a ball player for her age. Will be interesting to see how she does against 17-18 year olds. My guess is she can and will compete and will only get better. I have also heard that schools have shown interest. Good luck to her. She was tough in middle school.

Clarksville High beat Wilson Central by 11 today, with both teams at full strength. Bashara Graves dominated inside. WC pulled their starters at the end of the third quarter down 14. CHS is going to surprise a lot of people in the Mid State this season.

Go Wildcats!

That is an interesting senario for WC pulling their starters after the 3rd quarter. Likely wanting them to watch Graves and how she plays. There are times that great players are showing up and making an impact. Such ia a time now. How tall is this player as a freshman?