Who will be the top teams in Mid Tenn

OffTheRecord

That is an interesting senario for WC pulling their starters after the 3rd quarter. Likely wanting them to watch Graves and how she plays. There are times that great players are showing up and making an impact. Such ia a time now. How tall is this player as a freshman?

She is 6'1"-6'2". She playes much taller and can play from 1-5. Fastest post player I've ever seen. They lost to Brentwood twice this summer, but that may be thier only two losses. Brentwood is much improved. Clarksville has a lot of new faces and they can all play.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Coach Cooper's daughters one of those players? I know he has a daughter that is going to be a freshman and is a player, but don't know where she goes to school. That would explain why he has been on the bench for so many of those games. That would be a tremendous tandem with her as a shooting guard and Bashara in the post. That might mean at least one trip to Murfreesboro in the next four years.

Is Coach Cooper's daughters one of those players? I know he has a daughter that is going to be a freshman and is a player, but don't know where she goes to school. That would explain why he has been on the bench for so many of those games. That would be a tremendous tandem with her as a shooting guard and Bashara in the post. That might mean at least one trip to Murfreesboro in the next four years.

Yes she is one of them, and they are good now. I would not be supprised if they make some noise this year. Graves may be the best player in that region by years end and they are well coached.

Blackman should definitely contend this year. They only graduated one player last year and return a very very talented group. They have some extreme athleticism in Campbell, Nowlin, Overton. They also return some great shooters in Wheeler and Dorsett and most of all have some great height in Smith and Norris. Nowlin can almost score at will and Overton can put some lock down D on most when she wants. This team is the real deal.

Blackman should definitely contend this year. They only graduated one player last year and return a very very talented group. They have some extreme athleticism in Campbell, Nowlin, Overton. They also return some great shooters in Wheeler and Dorsett and most of all have some great height in Smith and Norris. Nowlin can almost score at will and Overton can put some lock down D on most when she wants. This team is the real deal.

Blackman should contend and finally some good hard work will pay off for this team. However, the difference in this team and previous years will be the inside game. No question the athleticism, shooting and defense are above average and at times be extremely good but unless rebounding and scoring inside picks up, willl be a 5th or 6th place team. If it is there, look for a 2nd or 3rd place team and can go to regionals.

Why would you think Forrest?

He will pick anyone except Jackson County. Its wishfull thinking for Muffin though and he knows it. Jackson County is still the team to beat in Class A and will most definitely make it back to the state tournamennt to defend their championship. If you want a dark horse (that would be anyone other than JC or C'range) then i would add Bradford to that list they will be a tough out this year. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That is an interesting senario for WC pulling their starters after the 3rd quarter. Likely wanting them to watch Graves and how she plays. There are times that great players are showing up and making an impact. Such ia a time now. How tall is this player as a freshman?

3 of WC's normal starters are not even at camp. McGee and Wasson are on school sponsored trips and Christopher is wrapping up PT on her ACL. Easy to miss this however since a couple of these were under the radar players last year during their march to the Gold Ball, but are obviously impact players nontheless.

So hate to burst any bubbles, but WC is not at full strength at this camp.

Good Luck Lady Wildcats!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

3 of WC's normal starters are not even at camp. McGee and Wasson are on school sponsored trips and Christopher is wrapping up PT on her ACL. Easy to miss this however since a couple of these were under the radar players last year during their march to the Gold Ball, but are obviously impact players nontheless.

So hate to burst any bubbles, but WC is not at full strength at this camp.

Good Luck Lady Wildcats!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Was wondering about WC at the post? Was she there and who was playing the other post? Hope she recovers 100% but an ACL to most players takes one and 1/2 years of recovery for most. Then one has to worry about the other one. Christopher is a very good player but has never encountered a challenge such as this and she has been very successful with a lot of challenges. Best of luck

If the player from Clarksville played WC post players at least even, tht is the story of this post. Forget who or who was not there or injuries.

Was wondering about WC at the post? Was she there and who was playing the other post? Hope she recovers 100% but an ACL to most players takes one and 1/2 years of recovery for most. Then one has to worry about the other one. Christopher is a very good player but has never encountered a challenge such as this and she has been very successful with a lot of challenges. Best of luck

If the player from Clarksville played WC post players at least even, tht is the story of this post. Forget who or who was not there or injuries.

Absolutely, a great story that is and I certainly don't want to down play the abilities of Clarksville or any other team at all, especially since I didn't see the games. If she's playing Hassell even then she surely will be a Miss Basketball candidate sometime down the line I imagine. Just wanted to point out about the players that are missing. Good luck to all.

Absolutely, a great story that is and I certainly don't want to down play the abilities of Clarksville or any other team at all, especially since I didn't see the games. If she's playing Hassell even then she surely will be a Miss Basketball candidate sometime down the line I imagine. Just wanted to point out about the players that are missing. Good luck to all.

I think it would have turned out different if WC had all there players and also if WC had come in fresh like Clarksville.

WC had been there since Sunday and anyone that was at the game could tell they were tired.

Ilooked at the schedule and did not see where Clarksville had played any games prior to playing WC.

I could be wrong maybe they were at another camp and were not able to sleep in there own beds.

I think it would have turned out different if WC had all there players and also if WC had come in fresh like Clarksville.

WC had been there since Sunday and anyone that was at the game could tell they were tired.

Ilooked at the schedule and did not see where Clarksville had played any games prior to playing WC.

I could be wrong maybe they were at another camp and were not able to sleep in there own beds.

I have been reading this post and this is the first one that I felt the need to give a little imput. The Clarksville girls have been going to camps since the first week of the month. Half of the girls play AAU and were traveling in GA the Friday, Saturday and Sunday before the game then they turned around and had to go to another camp the Monday and Tuesday , Getting back late that night, prior to them playing WC. I understand that It was a shock to alot of people that WC was beaten by Clarksville but this is camp, it happens. If it would have been the other way around there would have been people saying "oh they did it and they didn't even have all of thier team there", if it was even mentioned at all. ALL I have to say is GREAT JOB CHS LADYS AND KEEP IT UP THROUGH THE SEASON.!!!!

I have been reading this post and this is the first one that I felt the need to give a little imput. The Clarksville girls have been going to camps since the first week of the month. Half of the girls play AAU and were traveling in GA the Friday, Saturday and Sunday before the game then they turned around and had to go to another camp the Monday and Tuesday , Getting back late that night, prior to them playing WC. I understand that It was a shock to alot of people that WC was beaten by Clarksville but this is camp, it happens. If it would have been the other way around there would have been people saying "oh they did it and they didn't even have all of thier team there", if it was even mentioned at all. ALL I have to say is GREAT JOB CHS LADYS AND KEEP IT UP THROUGH THE SEASON.!!!!

Well said. In addition, doesn't Clarksville start at least two freshmen and use several more in thier rotation? Give them nine more months to grow and mature and W/C will need those other players. I hate excuses. I make em sometimes, but they never sound good when you read them. Clarksville is not a fluke. Graves is the best looking young player I've ever seen. Don't be suprised if she is being called the best post player in the state by March (yes I'm serious). She is a top ten D-I player as a 3/4 playing the 5 in high school.