Murphy Fair's 21st Annual Football Magazine

If I remember correctly, Forrest did make that game alot closer than most thought it would be. I think MP did eventually pull away, but Murphy thought it would be a better game than I did, honestly. If you'll remember, Voice, we had the phone network up and running at the end of that season and you and I spoke the night of that game.

Murphys Predicitons are usually Spot on Unless he Can't remember who is hurt and how the wind will effect the Kicking and Special teams.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, Forrest did make that game alot closer than most thought it would be. I think MP did eventually pull away, but Murphy thought it would be a better game than I did, honestly. If you'll remember, Voice, we had the phone network up and running at the end of that season and you and I spoke the night of that game.

I remember talking to both you and Shep, but I don't know if you talked to VoiceofRockets or not, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Just messing with you, Mike. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Murphys Predicitons are usually Spot on Unless he Can't remember who is hurt and how the wind will effect the Kicking and Special teams.

Dear Murphy,

If Alcoa happens to lose to Maryville in week 1 again this year, please keep sipping the Kool-Aid that Jeff Lockridge feeds you about Goodpasture being the best team in 2A. We need someting here to keep the fire stoked. How early can we make reservations in Murfreesboro?

Sincerely,

The Bridge

I remember talking to both you and Shep, but I don't know if you talked to VoiceofRockets or not, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> . Just messing with you, Mike. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oops, sorry about that. Pred was already in the network at that time also. I think Moto, RedDevilMascot, YoungTiger, WayneCountyFan, WHH, Voice, and MacTown came on board last season. I'll have to get ChunkD (collinwood)on board this year and recruit someone from Moore County.

I love High School Football. Therefore, naturally, I love the magazine. It gives you an indepth look at Tennessee High School football. Reddevil Mascot and myself always pick up one as soon as it hits the stands.

This sounds just like a commercial. I can see you standing in a book store saying that into a microphone. lol

Murphy, this guy may be onto something. lol

44 I can see you now in that big white hat. lol, lol and the mascot in his suit selling for Murphy.

I must say I was perturbed a couple years ago at Murphy but I do still listen to his show on Friday night.

I like the On the Ball mags also. One reason is the color pictures but also because they are free. I'll admit they don't have as much info as Murphy does.

Dear Murphy,

If Alcoa happens to lose to Maryville in week 1 again this year, please keep sipping the Kool-Aid that Jeff Lockridge feeds you about Goodpasture being the best team in 2A. We need someting here to keep the fire stoked. How early can we make reservations in Murfreesboro?

Sincerely,

The Bridge

Wasn't Goodpasture supposed to be "fast" and their speed was going to be the reason why the third time was going to be a charm for them against Alcoa last year?????? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

44 I can see you now in that big white hat. lol, lol and the mascot in his suit selling for Murphy.

I must say I was perturbed a couple years ago at Murphy but I do still listen to his show on Friday night.

I like the On the Ball mags also. One reason is the color pictures but also because they are free. I'll admit they don't have as much info as Murphy does.

That would be a site to behold wouldn't it tyt? I know Murphy doesn't need my help selling his magazine, they go pretty fast as it is. On the Ball is good also. Anything about High School Football and I'm on it!

As far as the magazine is concerned I have filled out surveys for the last four years on Cheatham. It's about a 10 minute process and anyone who doesn't return a survey either doesn't care or has some sort of grudge against Murphy Fair himself.

The survey asks for head coach (with W-L record) as well as the assistant coaches.

All the survey asks is for "impact players" and Murphy even gives people around 20 spots for inuvidual players to be listed.

The survey asks to pick the region order of finish. That is as long as writing down 7-9 schools names.

The survey asks for the Top 6 teams in a particular classification. Most people just B.S. this one from looking at the polls that are released every preseason anyway.

The survey asks for past players at the college level and gives you a list. We currently have 6 playing at the next level.

Finally the survey asks for academic all state players. We don't have any being a country school in the woods /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

SERIOUSLY THIS THING TAKES A TOTAL OF 10 MINUTES TO DO AND TO HAVE AS MANY SCHOOLS JUST DISREGARD THIS THING THE WAY THAT THEY DO ON A YEARLY BASIS IS PATHETIC!!!!