Class 1A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

The McKenzie offense this year will be boring to most who have watched the pass attack for the last 6 years. But it still should be very productive. The defense will be the key to this years team. They have to keep the opposition off the board. I hope I am wrong but I just don't see us having the quick strike offense we have had in the past to bail us out if the defense gives one up late. But we will see.

Looks Like Mckinney Will Be Under Center

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of rivals in this region. I pick

1. Mckenzie(8-2)

2.U. city (6-4)

3. LAKE CO. (5-5)

4. Bruceton(5-5)

4. Gleason(5-5) who ever wins bruceton vs gleason get 4th spot

6.Greenfield (3-7)

7. w.c. (2-8)

6. s.f. (1-9)

Ahh shame on you for picking South Fulton Last! They have had a lot of talent on the team the last three years but never had a coaching staff that cared. This year is different. Coach Spivey and the rest of his staff are amazing. I'm not going to go on and on about discipline, attitude, conditioning, fundamentals, reading the play, etc ( oh I guess I just did) all I'm going to say is that South Fulton will NOT be in last place this year, and it would not surprise me to see them make the playoffs! I think every team they play will be in shock at the end of the game. GO BIG RED!

What about Arnold at McKensie....i heard he was one going for the spot under center at the beagining of the seaon

also maybe someone in this forum would know about the Greenfield v. Trenton first looker...i heard from sevreal ppl that greenfield worked trenton up and down the field...any truth behind that greenfield followers?

What about Arnold at McKensie....i heard he was one going for the spot under center at the beagining of the seaon

also maybe someone in this forum would know about the Greenfield v. Trenton first looker...i heard from sevreal ppl that greenfield worked trenton up and down the field...any truth behind that greenfield followers?

From what I'm aware of, Austin looks to be the starting quarterback but there's still a few weeks before the Jamboree so anything can happen.

Well, tha' duck is back for one more Rebel round on here I guess. I've read thru this entire thread and lot's of good points made so far. For the Rebels it depends on how well some young players step up this season. Obviously we have lost some fine players and now it's up to the younger guys to step up and fill some mighty big shoes!!!! Can Comer and crew get it out of them?? They have in the recent past so I'm sittn' back and waitin' to see what happens.

The Rebels will field possibly the strongest overall stable of ball carriers (QB, FB, RB combined except for maybe Springer's senior season at Lake Co.) this region has seen in a while. IF the line will give them just a little bit of room to run. We went toe to toe in a 2-2 tie with McNairy Co. last week which is ususally a good sign but, am told we still have a bit of improving to do so............................... Ya'll shouldn't expect the air show that has carried the Rebs for quite a few seasons now.

On the defensive side, there are some solid players coming back but, a lot of big shoes to fill on that side of the ball too. This will be a good indication of how much Rebel Pride and Legacy has taken hold of these young Rebels. The same goes for the fans!! It was easy to be a dedicated fan last season. That should NOT change this season!! So players get your job done on the field and fans put some backsides on the boards in the stands every Friday night!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBEL PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Hello Duckman And VolsanTitans. And Other Region 7 Posters. Alot Of Interesting Changes Has Been Made To Our Region Teams. And I'm Looking Forward To Some Interesting Evenings Around Our Area. I've Got A Special Invite From The Postman Over In Bruceton For Some Tailgaiting. And I'm Not A Missing That. But With All The Coaching Changes And Players Graduating And Principle's Leaving I'm Lost In Alot Of This Translation. But I'll Start Now And Say Good Luck To All Region 7 Teams. And Remember The Better Team Each School Fields The Better Our Region Represenative Will Be In The Finals. And No Matter Whose There I'm A Fan. But Gleason Showed Alot Of Heart Last Season Near The End. Bruceton Will Be Bruising It. Lake County Will Run Like They Stole Something. Mckenzie Will Have Some Talented Runners As Well. Union City With A New Coach Pumping Up The Noise With New Ideas. And Welcome Back South Fulton. darn Where Ya'll Been? I Remember When SF Beat Ya Up And Then Out Scored Ya. Greenfield Has Some New Changes As Well, I Always Thought They We're Political. But What The Hey. Let's Get Ready To Rumble. Friday Night And Football And Hotdogs And Jawing With Ole Friends. See Ya At The Games.

Well, I have not seen to many on here talking about Union City. Well, that is good in some ways and not so good in others.

Union City has completely changed everything and I mean everything. First, they will knock your head off, second they have the never say never attitiude and 3rd, we have about 30 or so kids who WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

We had 3 scrimages in the last 8 days, Dyer County ( DC 6 scores - UC 4 scores ), Gibson County ( No Contest ) Gibson County only crossed mid-field ( 1 ) one time and then tonight / Friday JCS ( UC - 4 scores / JCS - 0 scores ) and they NEVER crossed mid-field.

Folks, we have already come a long way and should have a decent year, maybe 8-2 or 9-1. We will see....

Our coaches have done a GREAT JOB in teaching and getting the kids to by into the new of football.

See ya at the games and should be a fun year at Union City.

We are heading back to the good ole days...just give us a little time.

Well, I have not seen to many on here talking about Union City. Well, that is good in some ways and not so good in others.

Union City has completely changed everything and I mean everything. First, they will knock your head off, second they have the never say never attitiude and 3rd, we have about 30 or so kids who WANT TO PLAY FOOTBALL.

We had 3 scrimages in the last 8 days, Dyer County ( DC 6 scores - UC 4 scores ), Gibson County ( No Contest ) Gibson County only crossed mid-field ( 1 ) one time and then tonight / Friday JCS ( UC - 4 scores / JCS - 0 scores ) and they NEVER crossed mid-field.

Folks, we have already come a long way and should have a decent year, maybe 8-2 or 9-1. We will see....

Our coaches have done a GREAT JOB in teaching and getting the kids to by into the new of football.

See ya at the games and should be a fun year at Union City.

We are heading back to the good ole days...just give us a little time.

Well Your Number One Fan Is A Chicken Proctologist.

Associated Press-McKenzie, Tn.

THE DUCK LIVES!!! He is hobbling around a little more than usual but he is alive!! Good to see you back. And please this year, watch the bleachers!!!!

I will also wish all of our region 7A teams good luck. The weather is cooling down just a bit and it is gettting close.

Have you guys been by to check out the new score boards?

And whats the word on the mid field this year? Since Ole Miss is worried about what little ole McKenzie is putting on their field, what will we have this year? No Rebel man! I still say Duck we should go talk to Cox Oil and see if we can use their Little General w/ a gas can in one hand and a chicken leg in the other.

Or better yet, anyone got a good picture of Butchie?

Well, tha' duck is back for one more Rebel round on here I guess. I've read thru this entire thread and lot's of good points made so far. For the Rebels it depends on how well some young players step up this season. Obviously we have lost some fine players and now it's up to the younger guys to step up and fill some mighty big shoes!!!! Can Comer and crew get it out of them?? They have in the recent past so I'm sittn' back and waitin' to see what happens.

The Rebels will field possibly the strongest overall stable of ball carriers (QB, FB, RB combined except for maybe Springer's senior season at Lake Co.) this region has seen in a while. IF the line will give them just a little bit of room to run. We went toe to toe in a 2-2 tie with McNairy Co. last week which is ususally a good sign but, am told we still have a bit of improving to do so............................... Ya'll shouldn't expect the air show that has carried the Rebs for quite a few seasons now.

On the defensive side, there are some solid players coming back but, a lot of big shoes to fill on that side of the ball too. This will be a good indication of how much Rebel Pride and Legacy has taken hold of these young Rebels. The same goes for the fans!! It was easy to be a dedicated fan last season. That should NOT change this season!! So players get your job done on the field and fans put some backsides on the boards in the stands every Friday night!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBEL PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Associated Press-McKenzie, Tn.

THE DUCK LIVES!!! He is hobbling around a little more than usual but he is alive!! Good to see you back. And please this year, watch the bleachers!!!!

I will also wish all of our region 7A teams good luck. The weather is cooling down just a bit and it is gettting close.

Have you guys been by to check out the new score boards?

And whats the word on the mid field this year? Since Ole Miss is worried about what little ole McKenzie is putting on their field, what will we have this year? No Rebel man! I still say Duck we should go talk to Cox Oil and see if we can use their Little General w/ a gas can in one hand and a chicken leg in the other.

Or better yet, anyone got a good picture of Butchie?

The Rebels look to possibly having a stencil of the school logo made for mid field. The school logo will look exactly like or resemble the football helmet decal.