06-07 Hixson VS. 07-08 Columbia Central

SequatchieBowler17

If the 2006-2007 Hixson Boys' Team was to bowl against the 2007-2008 Columbia Central Boys' Team, who do you think would win? I know that it is impossible to accurately reconstruct the two teams as they were at the time of their victories for the sate championship, but I want you to give me some opinions.

I would have to give it to Hixson nipping them 14-13 due to the fact that, "Roger King", Hixson's 6th bowler, bowled a 700+ series in the state finals

I would have to give it to Hixson nipping them 14-13 due to the fact that, "Roger King", Hixson's 6th bowler, bowled a 700+ series in the state finals

First of all Roger King did not bowl a 700 series. He bowled a 671.

If you compare each team from their performance in the finals you will find that Columbia Central is better. After the first two games they would be tied 8-8. Columbia would win the third game 6-2, and win total pins. Columbia Central- 3819; Hixson- 3662. The final score would be Columbia Central-17; Hixson-10.

If you compare each team from their performance in the finals you will find that Columbia Central is better. After the first two games they would be tied 8-8. Columbia would win the third game 6-2, and win total pins. Columbia Central- 3819; Hixson- 3662. The final score would be Columbia Central-17; Hixson-10.

That is a very good point. These statistics help show the actual scores and pinfall of the two final matches of each season. However, the mindset that Hixson had in their final match was different from what it probably would have been if they had been facing Columbia Central. Keep in mind that Hixson succeeded in moving on past a team that shot 3,937 in the semi-final match against them. Hixson came through with 3,946, and continued to win the championship.

I think the difference between the two teams is that Hixson was known to pace themselves against their opponents' scores. Columbia Central was different in that each bowler would clear his mind of everything else that was happening around him, and throw the best shot he could. Therefore, CC always brought their A-Game, while Hixson was known to score close to what their opponents scored. This is a big factor in the outcome of the match, and is also why it can't be reasonably inferred that one team would have been victorious in the match.

That is a very good point. These statistics help show the actual scores and pinfall of the two final matches of each season. However, the mindset that Hixson had in their final match was different from what it probably would have been if they had been facing Columbia Central. Keep in mind that Hixson succeeded in moving on past a team that shot 3,937 in the semi-final match against them. Hixson came through with 3,946, and continued to win the championship.

I think the difference between the two teams is that Hixson was known to pace themselves against their opponents' scores. Columbia Central was different in that each bowler would clear his mind of everything else that was happening around him, and throw the best shot he could. Therefore, CC always brought their A-Game, while Hixson was known to score close to what their opponents scored. This is a big factor in the outcome of the match, and is also why it can't be reasonably inferred that one team would have been victorious in the match.

Columbia Central's team based on statistics, was the better team.

AS for the last year, If you look at average per bowler, and per game, the top team in the state was Columbia. However, Hixson won. Nothing can be said to take away from what Hixson did, or rather what Hardin County did to us.

Another thing to consider however would be the mid-season match-up between the two teams. Columbia defeated the Hixson boys in that match-up, and based on everything that anyone could look at, would have defeated Hixson in the finals of the 2006-2007 State tournament. However we did not fulfill our ambitions, and luck did not allow us to do so.

As I said last year congratulations to Hixson.

AS for this years tournament, Big Money's point was as good as you can make them. Statistically, CC's team was the better team, however it is impossible to compare the teams of the past, to those of the present.

O.K corrrect me if I'm wrong here guys. I am going on hear say as far as Hixson's state title game. I actually had the privilage of watching Columbia win their State Championship. Roger King shoots 671 O.K I think Columbia's 6th bowler shoots like 560 or 570. That would give Hixson 100 plus sticks and total team points to my thinking.

I did not take in consideration of the stats because I heard Hixson did alot of subbing in the third game of the Championship when they wrap it up in the second game. One of the subs shoots a 120 game and others shoot sub par. HOWEVER, I think the shot was easier for Hixson, then it was for Columbia. So Arron, Michael I am going to change my Decision and give you guy's the nod, Columbia 14 Hixson 13.

I do not mean any disrespect to both schools. I'm a fan of both schools maybe a little bias to Hixson I went to school there a few years ago (cough). However both teams are State Champions which is all that matters and nobody can ever take that away from you guys. Thanks for the fun topic and Good Luck and Good Bowling!!

O.K corrrect me if I'm wrong here guys. I am going on hear say as far as Hixson's state title game. I actually had the privilage of watching Columbia win their State Championship. Roger King shoots 671 O.K I think Columbia's 6th bowler shoots like 560 or 570. That would give Hixson 100 plus sticks and total team points to my thinking.

I did not take in consideration of the stats because I heard Hixson did alot of subbing in the third game of the Championship when they wrap it up in the second game. One of the subs shoots a 120 game and others shoot sub par. HOWEVER, I think the shot was easier for Hixson, then it was for Columbia. So Arron, Michael I am going to change my Decision and give you guy's the nod, Columbia 14 Hixson 13.

I do not mean any disrespect to both schools. I'm a fan of both schools maybe a little bias to Hixson I went to school there a few years ago (cough). However both teams are State Champions which is all that matters and nobody can ever take that away from you guys. Thanks for the fun topic and Good Luck and Good Bowling!!

Hey man, no disrespect taken. You don't have to worry about that on mine, nor my teammate's part. And like you said both teams are state champions and nothing can take away from the undeniable amounts of work that both teams put into their accomplishments.

However, I will point out our fifth and sixth bowlers had never picked up a bowling ball prior to the 2007-2008 season, so I applaud them both:)...

Congrats to all past/present champs. Good luck to the future...Are they not closing this blog down this year? lol