Gordonsville Tigers

What does Gordonsville look like this upcoming season???? I know last year we went to their place to open the season and they won the contest 27-21. They were a state quarterfinalist last year and they were basically the only team throughout the postseason that came anywhere near challenging South Pittsburg.

Losing Justin Smith & Jordan Davis from the offensive backfield will hurt. I also see that both Jesse Gullett and Matthew Thornton have graduated as well.

In 2008 it seems like Gordonsville is still going to have a solid football team. Both Chase Malone and Henry Whigham are guys who can make plays on the offensive side of the football. Brady Hearn was an outstanding player at linebacker who I also notice is returning.

Will Malone play quarterback this season????? How is the offensive and defensive line play going to be?????

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Gordonsville look like this upcoming season???? I know last year we went to their place to open the season and they won the contest 27-21. They were a state quarterfinalist last year and they were basically the only team throughout the postseason that came anywhere near challenging South Pittsburg.

Losing Justin Smith & Jordan Davis from the offensive backfield will hurt. I also see that both Jesse Gullett and Matthew Thornton have graduated as well.

In 2008 it seems like Gordonsville is still going to have a solid football team. Both Chase Malone and Henry Whigham are guys who can make plays on the offensive side of the football. Brady Hearn was an outstanding player at linebacker who I also notice is returning.

Will Malone play quarterback this season????? How is the offensive and defensive line play going to be?????

I assume that you are a Cheatham County fan, but obviously a fan of high school football to know these young men that play at Gordonsville. I can tell you that Gordonsville did in fact lose a lot of players off of last years team, but the G-Men always find a way to be very competitive and I don't think that this year will be an exception. But, they do have a lot of youth to over come because they have also lost several juniors and sophomores from last years team for various reasons. You mentioned Wingham in your post as being a top performer returning, but the last I heard even he had decided not to play, which could change very quickly. I can't give you names on the line because they will all be new with the exception of their center J.D. Butler. Maybe some other G-Ville followers can give you a better update.

Gordonsville lost quite a bit of players to graduation, disciplinary problems, and kids deciding not to play.

They will only about 5 or 6 returning starters on both sides of the ball, but there will be two players who were going to start last year, but they didn't play a down all season due to injuries and health problems.

Gordonsville will have to fight to get a playoff spot, and I'm a little scared about the Cheatham Co. game knowing what they have coming back.

One thing, though, G-ville will be in shape. They've been running like the dickins. They'll have to be in shape because they won't have near the numbers as they had last year.

Guest Termite

Why wouldn't Whigham play football????? He is an impressive looking player.

Doesn't like to work hard and doesn't like to get hit. Just my observations. Has tons of athletic ability. Good kid. May excell at Basketball if not playing football.

Doesn't like to work hard and doesn't like to get hit. Just my observations. Has tons of athletic ability. Good kid. May excell at Basketball if not playing football.

Don't put a kid down like that. No need to question his toughness or work ethic on the internet behind a screen name. That is very spineless.

Plus, no one LIKES to get hit. He also had a very close relationship with the previous coach and that is more the reason why he is not playing. It has nothing to do with work ethic or toughness.

Don't put a kid down like that. No need to question his toughness or work ethic on the internet behind a screen name. That is very spineless.

Plus, no one LIKES to get hit. He also had a very close relationship with the previous coach and that is more the reason why he is not playing. It has nothing to do with work ethic or toughness.

dont like 2 get hit?

or scared 2 get hit?

big difference b/t tha 2.

my money is on scared.

& u dont need any-1 that is scared on the field.

that causes turn-ovas

if ur heart aint in it

stay in tha stands

but he dont know how lucky u r 2 have coach moose

oakland iz hurtin wit him gone

no coach goin 2 put in mo time than him.

bet ur ole coach would want the playa 2 play

Guest Termite

Your right...Probably shouldn't have called him out like that,, but kind of hoping to motivate him .....I know Henry......It just kind of disappoints me that he has as much ability as anyone and is not playing. He had a close relationship with Bob...but Henry has been close to Coach Bush and the other coaches a long time.

Who knows...he may play yet.........as well as 3-4 others that I think have potential to help G-ville out some.

Guest Termite

dont like 2 get hit?

or scared 2 get hit?

big difference b/t tha 2.

my money is on scared.

& u dont need any-1 that is scared on the field.

that causes turn-ovas

if ur heart aint in it

stay in tha stands

but he dont know how lucky u r 2 have coach moose

oakland iz hurtin wit him gone

no coach goin 2 put in mo time than him.

bet ur ole coach would want the playa 2 play

I hope Coach Moose didn't teach english, spelling, typing or computer lab. at Oakland... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />