6-5A

cougar31

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong you are, cool breeze. The Brentwood game was moved to Week 0 and CHS will have an open date over fall break. Page will be game #2.

Brentwood is very beatable. Crawford's bunch has not exactly been "dominating" over the course of the past few seasons. No Bill Whittemore. No Matt Henshaw. No Austin Everson.

Page improved a ton as the season progressed last year and they may challenge for a playoff bid this year but they aren't better than the 5A teams within their own county (Centennial, Ravenwood, Indy, Brentwood, Franklin). They are about on the same level as Fairview.

Brentwood is very beatable. Crawford's bunch has not exactly been "dominating" over the course of the past few seasons. No Bill Whittemore. No Matt Henshaw. No Austin Everson.

Page improved a ton as the season progressed last year and they may challenge for a playoff bid this year but they aren't better than the 5A teams within their own county (Centennial, Ravenwood, Indy, Brentwood, Franklin). They are about on the same level as Fairview.

I don't know if its just me but I don't think "Brentwood is very beatable" , Page, Centennial, and Fairview belong together in the same post one of these things just don't belong. Gee, I wonder what it could be???

I don't know if its just me but I don't think "Brentwood is very beatable" , Page, Centennial, and Fairview belong together in the same post one of these things just don't belong. Gee, I wonder what it could be???

Centennial is tons better than Page & Fairview (with all due respect to those schools of course).

Brentwood is not as strong as they have been in years past. If they were then they would have been 14-2, 11-2, 10-3, 12-1, etc. as they were in the past years. Instead the last two years they've had 1st Round Playoff Exits at 7-4 & 5-6 thanks to Hunters Lane.

Last Year

Brentwood (5-6)

Centennial (4-6)

THOSE SEEM LIKE COMPARABLE 5A TEAMS TO ME /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Centennial is tons better than Page & Fairview (with all due respect to those schools of course).

Brentwood is not as strong as they have been in years past. If they were then they would have been 14-2, 11-2, 10-3, 12-1, etc. as they were in the past years. Instead the last two years they've had 1st Round Playoff Exits at 7-4 & 5-6 thanks to Hunters Lane.

Last Year

Brentwood (5-6)

Centennial (4-6)

THOSE SEEM LIKE COMPARABLE 5A TEAMS TO ME /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Centennial's 4-6 record was against teams with a combined record of 7 wins - 33 losses. Brentwood beat Centennial 30-0 last year.They open up week zero,we will see then how comparable they are then.

With regards to Brentwood: Although they had an absolutely horrendous start, they were one of the Region's hottest teams at season's end. Mainly because Crawford adjusted his offensive scheme to fit the strength's of the team. Although they virtually abandoned the passing game, they became very successful running the power-running atttack. One area they will need to adress is the QB. Krow was good at running the offense, but they need to feature a more balanced attack this year to make a serious run, and that may require a better passing QB (Krow started the year as a receiver). Still I think with the team they have returning and the guys on that coaching staff, I think we may see Brentwood at the top this year

With regards to Brentwood: Although they had an absolutely horrendous start, they were one of the Region's hottest teams at season's end. Mainly because Crawford adjusted his offensive scheme to fit the strength's of the team. Although they virtually abandoned the passing game, they became very successful running the power-running atttack. One area they will need to adress is the QB. Krow was good at running the offense, but they need to feature a more balanced attack this year to make a serious run, and that may require a better passing QB (Krow started the year as a receiver). Still I think with the team they have returning and the guys on that coaching staff, I think we may see Brentwood at the top this year

Crawford does not run the offense. I love your posts detailing what teams should do and how they should run things. Keep us informed. As for Centennial, they will be the same as last year.

Crawford does not run the offense. I love your posts detailing what teams should do and how they should run things. Keep us informed. As for Centennial, they will be the same as last year.

At least his posts are somewhat informative. It's his opinion. He is entitled to have one last time I checked. As for your posts now I can see that they are 100% biased towards Brentwood.