Class 3A: Region 7 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

This region is not gonna be as big of a terror this year. Many of the teams are rebuilding this year and the standings could be a toss up. Its gonna come down to off season workouts, conditioning, and preparation.

Haywood lost a slew of talent graduating 16 Seniors who ALL played. This team was special, but just didnt catch a break in the quarterfinal game. With a quarterback goin to play at Rhodes, a center goin to Bethel, and 6 others goin to Junior Colleges the Tomcats will have a lot of shoes to fill. Haywood always has big, fast, and strong kids but will they have someone who can run the system and manage the game. If they can come together this team may be dangerous.

Crockett county has the best backfield returning. Although this is a plus they lost their whole O and D line. It doesnt matter how good your backfield is, if u cant block for them u wont win games.

Dyer county proved alot of people wrong last year but iwhen it came down to the line they couldnt overcome the tomcats in the second round. Maybe a one year wonder?? who knows they will have a lot to prove defending that region crown.

Dyersburg had a very talented team last year. maybe too talented as its hard to make three superstars who all want the ball happy. with the loss of taylor, caldwell, and parker can the trojans find "the guy" to carry the team on his shoulders and put the trojans back on top.

Ripley has been a subpar team when it comes to the regoin schedule.maybe they can open some eyes this year.

Covington has a lot to prove not only to the region but to the town. last year was a dissappointment for the chargers and they will be hungry but will there offense be a backyard football game like last year?

Obion county really is just in a bad spot. A team full of guys with a lot of heart but just cant compete with the powerhouses of haywood, dyersburg, dc, and crockett. hopefully they can post a couple of upsets this year and start turning things around.

Good luck to all the teams..its gonna be fun!!

SORRY HOSS!!! But you missed the boat on this one. Haywood's entire starting offensive line is coming back. I know cause my kid is that "center that went to Bethel". He ain't gone no where. He'll be a senior this year with the rest of the offensive line...Yeah we lost a quarterback to Rhodes but GOOD GOLLY MS. MOLLY!!!! We found quarterback that's been hiding... The likes of which you haven't seen at Haywood in MANY years. all i can say is get ready Dyersburg... you squeaked by us last year... but Ya'll will see we're stronger, faster, and best of all WE FINALLY HAVE A PASSING GAME!!!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SORRY HOSS!!! But you missed the boat on this one. Haywood's entire starting offensive line is coming back. I know cause my kid is that "center that went to Bethel". He ain't gone no where. He'll be a senior this year with the rest of the offensive line...Yeah we lost a quarterback to Rhodes but GOOD GOLLY MS. MOLLY!!!! We found quarterback that's been hiding... The likes of which you haven't seen at Haywood in MANY years. all i can say is get ready Dyersburg... you squeaked by us last year... but Ya'll will see we're stronger, faster, and best of all WE FINALLY HAVE A PASSING GAME!!!!!!!!

Well that is scary...NO team has as much talent year in and year out as THE TOMCATS....Big, fast and Strong....They always "Reload"...they don't rebuild"...They are the second game for Dyersburg ...AT HAYWOOD...a place they have never really played well and a place I am not looking forward to going... with an untested o-line and and unproven quarterback...Brownsville has always had GREAT runningbacks it seems... And if they have someone who can throw the ball... /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> man, that is bad news for the rest of the region...

TomcatDad , thats not what region 7-aaa doesnt need is for Haywood to have another qb that can pass the ball...had they had one the past few years to go with their rb"s and tall fast recievers they would have fared much better last year...watch out Mitchell,DL..Haywoods are not a cat anymore but the Tomcats of old!!! now thats "SCARY"

The kid goin to bethel that im referring to is DJ Delk who is playin center at bethel and haywood graduated 3 out of the 5 starting o lineman from last year, but yes this years line does have playing experience...and stats show that the quarterback from haywood last year threw for 1200 yards. Thats the second most in school history in a single season...the kicker on the arising QB this year is can he pretty much be another coach on the field as the field generals in the past couple of years...these boys from the wood may be great athletes but sometimes not the brightest individuals!!

DJ Delk makes your son look like a 3rd grader man. the tomcats will miss his presence along with alot of others. and yall might get a more athletic QB but he wont have the brains that Stoots has. so quit runnin that mouth boy!!! get it right HOSS! haha. how gay.

DJ Delk makes your son look like a 3rd grader man. the tomcats will miss his presence along with alot of others. and yall might get a more athletic QB but he wont have the brains that Stoots has. so quit runnin that mouth boy!!! get it right HOSS! haha. how gay.

remember, you two are fans of the same team...get behind them.. last years team was great but they are gone and the future is promising. a lot more contributors on this team. looked good at the first look scrimmage, cant wait for the season.

The kid goin to bethel that im referring to is DJ Delk who is playin center at bethel and haywood graduated 3 out of the 5 starting o lineman from last year, but yes this years line does have playing experience...and stats show that the quarterback from haywood last year threw for 1200 yards. Thats the second most in school history in a single season...the kicker on the arising QB this year is can he pretty much be another coach on the field as the field generals in the past couple of years...these boys from the wood may be great athletes but sometimes not the brightest individuals!!

Didn't mean to get folks all riled up. But DJ played gaurd last year, he may play center at Bethel as he did his Junior year for Haywood. But I know who played every snap under Brett last year. But you are right about not retaining the entire offensive line....How could I forget DJ!!! This is just a question kidrock7 but where did 1200 yards come from i'd like to see that. We rarely threw the ball down field. a few short passes out in the flats yeah. but then again when you're throwing those to Bradley Witherspoon and Luther Ward I guess it could make you look good cause they caught it they were going to turn the ball up field and GET IT!! By the way...We ain't got no kids from the wood just all Brownsville CITY Boys....Big and Strong...the way we grow 'em around here. good talking to you hope ya'll have a great season whoever your cheerin for.

Sorry Hoss but i got a wife and two kids one a three year starter at Haywood and that little "3rd grader" will be a 4 year starter this season. gay??? i don't think so!!!!!!!!