Class 3A: Region 8 Favorites

CoachT

Who is the region favorite in 2008?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the region favorite in 2008?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not trying to be smart...but out of ALL THOSE KIDS...DON"T YOU THINK THE MEMPHIS INNER CITY SCHOOLS COULD FIND ONE THAT COULD KICK EXTRA POINTS....Seriously...That going for two every time will fly up and BITE YOU....Mitchell or Melrose either one have a place kicker do they?...I would find ONE KID WHO COULD KICK...Get him the proper coaching and go with it...I wasn't there but IF WHAT WAS TOLD WAS RIGHT...Mitchell has a KICKER they win that game against Lipscomb....

You are absolutely right ! Alot of West Tennessee teams, especially inner city teams fall short in games simply because they don't have any field goal kickers. If Mitchell had a field goal kicker with the ball at the 5, then the score would have been 21 - 14 late in the fourth quarter. Lipscomb would have only been able to tie it at the end. However if, if was a fifth then we all would be drunk.

Is there any chance 2 teams advance past the 1st round this year?

Yes. Mitchell should get out of the first round and Sheffield has proven that they too can be a real pain to Region 7 teams in the playoffs. Trezevant always has a shot as well because of their athleticism. The Bears have a real chance to make a name for themselves in week zero this year when they play PC in Nashville.

MITCHELL N SHEFFIELD WILL POSE PROMBLEMS FOR ALL REGION 7 AA TEAMS..TREZEVANT WILL NOT CONTEND ! PLAYING A NASHVILLE SCHOOL PC WILL NOT BE A VERY GOOD GAME AS ALWAYS

Trezevant played Covington to a very close game in the playoffs two years ago. The year prior to that one they played Haywood in a very close opening round playoff game. The finals to those games were 14-6 & 12-7 respectively.

Dyersburg did beat them in the first round last year by 3TDs but I had a chance to see Trezevant in their first game against Maplewood last year as well and I can tell you that they were a really young football team.

With their athletes the Bears can pose problems for any Region 7 team that they play because they can keep the game a low scoring contest where one BIG PLAY ultimately decides the outcome.

Trust this midstate fan when he tells you that Pearl Cohn is going to have a lot of questions entering that game against Trezevant. How will the MLK kids perform for them?????? Who in the world is going to replace Deaunte Mason at QB and the trio of Venoy, Cox, & Johnson at WR??????? How does their defense that lost 9 starters from last year's semifinalist bunch fare in the opener?????? The athletes from MLK that are playing for Pearl Cohn this fall are a completely different version of the "typical PC football player" that you and I have become accustomed to seeing on a yearly basis DHSFB64. That night is going to be a whole new experience on many levels for the PCHS Football faithful.