Smyrna folk?

workinprogress you just said it ...... and might I say very tactful there is alway going to be a person to fill anyones shoes good or bad and no matter what happens I hope that all these players get a great education that is the most important thing to football anyway to learn and get an education so that they will get excepted in a college of their choice. and just maybe one day some of these athelets will come back and help them programs out like price did blackman.

I hope he does get a good education as well as any kid does in Tn. BTW it is 'ACCEPTED' as in take in to, and not 'excepted' which means to exclude. They may be misspelled as that is not my strong suit, but I do know what some words mean. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while bryson only finished his freshman year i do believe he has extreme potential.. i believe that most football players are discovered at football camps.. i mean lots of players from across the country go to football camps each summer and whether you play for 1A or 5A does not matter it matters about the ability.. i believe Bryson has lots of it and if he lives up to his potential he will be amazing.. i believe Bryson is far better than Gaston was his freshman year.. time will tell if he becomes better than Gaston, but he is on the right track.. while i do know Bryson and do not know Gaston, i did go to Riverdale and saw gaston a lot.. i do not believe defenses keyed on Gaston as much when Dave was there cause he could hurt you as well and did.. i believe wherever Bryson goes he will be amazing and if he keeps his grades up he will go D1 without a doubt.. and just because a running back got negative yards against a team does not mean he is not good.. that teams offensive line could have a bad game or could be HORRIBLE.. but like i said, only time will tell about his ability.. i believe he will become great and go D1

I'm glad to see education mentioned on this fourm (typos and grammticals not withstanding)...very few h.s. players get to play d-1 sports and very few college athletes ever play sports as pros.

A good education WILL make a difference in the rest of a person's life. Their earning power and standard of living (and satisfaction in a 40-hour a week job) for 40 or 50 years is at stake.

As far as I know, every public h.s. in Rutherford offers plenty of honors and a.p. classes, national honor society, etc.

This should be appreciated and taken advantage of.

while bryson only finished his freshman year i do believe he has extreme potential.. i believe that most football players are discovered at football camps.. i mean lots of players from across the country go to football camps each summer and whether you play for 1A or 5A does not matter it matters about the ability.. i believe Bryson has lots of it and if he lives up to his potential he will be amazing.. i believe Bryson is far better than Gaston was his freshman year.. time will tell if he becomes better than Gaston, but he is on the right track.. while i do know Bryson and do not know Gaston, i did go to Riverdale and saw gaston a lot.. i do not believe defenses keyed on Gaston as much when Dave was there cause he could hurt you as well and did.. i believe wherever Bryson goes he will be amazing and if he keeps his grades up he will go D1 without a doubt.. and just because a running back got negative yards against a team does not mean he is not good.. that teams offensive line could have a bad game or could be HORRIBLE.. but like i said, only time will tell about his ability.. i believe he will become great and go D1

you lost all crediabilt with the defenses didnt key on gaston...dave wasnt there his SR year when he won 5A mr football who did the defenses key on then and in 04 when dave was there and we won state they were keying on him that is why dave had to keep it if gastonw as taken away he would take it...

I do not know how good bryson is when i saw him he didnt look so good so i will take you at your word and a lot of other people who saw him having said that our defenses over the years has made a lot of really good back look bad...but if you know both player it is still too early to compare him or say he is better than gaston

Riverdaleman, you beat me to it. Dang it!

Any good defensive guru will tell you that Riverdale's bread and butter is RUN first, pass second. It has been that way since '91.Therefore, you KEY on the TB b/c 98% of the time, he will have the ball. Smyrna didn't have success until they added in the spread offense. Therefore, a good defenive guru keys on the PASS first and the run second. A look at Sonny's stats over the years proves this point. Smyrna was able to become balanced b/c they have had a nice group on TB's over the last 3 yrs , but the pass was what made them win.

Thus, the receiver in Riverdale's scheme can stand to make a BIG PLAY when the Defense is tricked or caught sleeping, but the receiver will not be used much unless the TB is stifled. That rarely happened with Gaston, thanks to the HUGE linemen such as the Clone who kept his stats enormous . In Smyrna's case, You try to put pressure on Sonny and double-team Rod....leaving Bryson to catch some easy yards, especially since Smyrna's line was very good as well. Right now, you can't compare the two b/c of the different schemes they were in. It isn't fair to Bryson. I would like to see what he does as the premiere player carrying the load of the offense.

Both players are exceptional athletes and assets to their programs. I just know that Gaston would never leave his school to play for another. He was too loyal.

you lost all crediabilt with the defenses didnt key on gaston...dave wasnt there his SR year when he won 5A mr football who did the defenses key on then and in 04 when dave was there and we won state they were keying on him that is why dave had to keep it if gastonw as taken away he would take it...

I do not know how good bryson is when i saw him he didnt look so good so i will take you at your word and a lot of other people who saw him having said that our defenses over the years has made a lot of really good back look bad...but if you know both player it is still too early to compare him or say he is better than gaston

i would say dave carried the ball just as much as Gaston did when they played together.. yeah he was the TB but teams had to scout 2 people not just 1.. as far as senior year goes yes Gaston was the man.. he did great except for getting shut out by Oak Ridge.. i was at that game and almost everything that he ran was stuffed.. im not taking anything away from Gaston cause hes at Vandy and from what i heard should get some PT as a returner this year cause someone told me hes gotten even faster, which is crazy to think about.. i just believe Bryson is a great talent.. and i just do not agree that if you play for a 1A team the big schools will not look at you.. and in my opinion, he probably wants to follow Shad since Shad lets the stars of his teams do whatever you want.. Wolke thought he was god's gift to quarterback.. he was a very nice guy but was not half as good as he thought he was.. but once again, that was just an opinion

TO ALL THAT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT BRYSON NO ONE KNOWS YET WHERE HE IS BECAUSE AS OF RIGHT NOW HE HAS NOT WENT TO SPRING CAMP NOR IS HE WORKING OUT IN SMYRNA SO WE WILL SEE IN ANOTHER WEEK WHERE HE SHOWS UP AND AS FOR EVERYONE SAYING HE IS GOING TO HAVE TO SKIP A YEAR. YOU ARE SO WRONG GOING FROM PUBLIC TO PRIVATE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIT OUT.

YOU ARE WRONG ... I was at all three scrimmages and Bryson sat out the last one because his "toe" was aggravated. He has been at summer workouts and will be a BULLDOG next year. He just went to both 7 on 7 camps this week .... where do you get your information??????

A word of advice ... don't start stuff on here you can not or do not know anything about .... To everyone else, I promise you this is not tue! Jeremiah would not dessert his teammates for Shad or for any other coach.

This site used to be fun and full of knowledge, but it has becaome a place to start total rumors and lies!

Go Dogs!!

it really doesn't matter anyway bryson will shine where ever he is at and i am very proud for him and thankful we in rutherford county has that caliber of a player in this town it is just going to help all the other atheletes when they come and see him play they might hone in on another player on the field and someone that they might have never seen will get seen because of him.