South Rebels--Starter Predictions-Anyone?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think it’s funny!! Most of these guys are just upset because they just got spanked yesterday and the reality that the road to Murphysboro has a permanent roadblock in Maryville after this year is just now setting in!!! They have to take their frustrations out on somebody…and since they don’t play you guys this year and there’s no chance they would have to eat some Crow, they choose you. You don’t hear ANY of them on the DB vs Maryville scrimmage thread. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It was a scrimmage, it was meant to be gamelike simultaion but not actually friday night with the band playing, 7,000 people hollering, and the cheerladers chanting some stupid cheer. so you mr. cap are mistaken and very badly so. and the score was 21-13 with varsity and 27-21 wafter JV got done...so if your statment of it being a game was true then DB beat Maryville(a team that beat south in last years playoffs handily(and yall had your untouchable all-star, curt phillips)) so you call it what you want, but the way i see it DB came out on the winning end of the scrimmage.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the ignorant Rebel parents and fans that think they know everything, Chris Sensabaugh is 16yrs old, he was not held back because of athletics. As his parents we felt he was not ready to move on in his early years of school. He was in the third grade then so how could you say he was held back for sports, we could not see into the future then to see that he was going to be the athlete that he has become. For a kid at his age to get moved up and perform the way he did against kids older than him is still amazing in itself. And for you to try to take away from that by making false claims about his age or saying he failed twice and should be a senior is rediculous and totally ignorant on your behalf. So before you get on here and start spouting off a bunch of nonsense, get your facts straight and research your information so you don't sound so ignorant. And if you want to know the TRUTH, feel free to talk to me, his father , at any time. I'll be glad to speak with any of you to set the record staight and to disprove any false information.

thats the way to do it.way to stick it to him.

It was a scrimmage, it was meant to be gamelike simultaion but not actually friday night with the band playing, 7,000 people hollering, and the cheerladers chanting some stupid cheer. so you mr. cap are mistaken and very badly so. and the score was 21-13 with varsity and 27-21 wafter JV got done...so if your statment of it being a game was true then DB beat Maryville(a team that beat south in last years playoffs handily(and yall had your untouchable all-star, curt phillips)) so you call it what you want, but the way i see it DB came out on the winning end of the scrimmage.

But, the game was closer than you think. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

For all the ignorant Rebel parents and fans that think they know everything, Chris Sensabaugh is 16yrs old, he was not held back because of athletics. As his parents we felt he was not ready to move on in his early years of school. He was in the third grade then so how could you say he was held back for sports, we could not see into the future then to see that he was going to be the athlete that he has become. For a kid at his age to get moved up and perform the way he did against kids older than him is still amazing in itself. And for you to try to take away from that by making false claims about his age or saying he failed twice and should be a senior is rediculous and totally ignorant on your behalf. So before you get on here and start spouting off a bunch of nonsense, get your facts straight and research your information so you don't sound so ignorant. And if you want to know the TRUTH, feel free to talk to me, his father , at any time. I'll be glad to speak with any of you to set the record staight and to disprove any false information.

this is the truth and if any body tries to say different they are ignorant......he is awesome get over it ....... find a way to beat him and we can talk /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I hope you and everyone will learn the facts before you go off on 100 tangents. Even MC couldn't keep this quite.

It is a pathetic case of crap, I'll tell you that. Coach H will be missed.

...um...what happened? Or should I just ask around? News travels slowly to Sullivan, especially CH news, lol.

And by Coach H do you mean Hoov?

Guest footballfan100

yes, coach hoover....he was forced to quit as football coach because of a spoiled brat kid!! it is to bad when the kids word is louder than the teacher or coach. hoover is a great teacher and coach and has been shafted. I only hope hunter jordan isnt forced to take football like he was forced to take basketball!!!

yes, coach hoover....he was forced to quit as football coach because of a spoiled brat kid!! it is to bad when the kids word is louder than the teacher or coach. hoover is a great teacher and coach and has been shafted. I only hope hunter jordan isnt forced to take football like he was forced to take basketball!!!

There's an old saying..."Like Father, Like Son".

Coach H was a good coach...but he lacked people skills. "05 was a long time ago. There are those parents who have no clue who HJ is. To set their mind at ease it can be said without reservation that HJ is a master communicator and motivator. Rest assured your children are in the best hands money can buy. As parents you should keep your mouth shut and stay out of the way. HJ will not take any direspect, will not allow dissension, and will demand a team effort from your child. He will accept no PrimaDonna's. He will allow (demand) parent involvement in running this football team. It will be the most wonderful experience your child and you will have in his middle school career. And when he gets to South he will be primed and ready for the next level. Support your new (old) coach, support your children, ask HJ what he needs you to do and assume responsibility for what he needs you to do. Volunteer...and give 100% for he will give your child 200%.

It's an unfortunate situation that has unfolded. It is nothing more than a product of our society in this day and time. Suffice to say that sometimes "old school" is better. For a token these situations can ruin a good man's career. It's a situation that demands all parents step back and take a serious ponder of what is actually the most important thing here. It has been said that "The Lord works in mysterious ways" and in situations such as this we all should take a look inside. Take a look at personal responsibility. Responsibility toward our fellow man. To put other people before our own. To understand the meaning of "it is better to give than to recieve". It is a mentality. A mentality of putting others first instead to say "get yours...I got mine". You can rest assured that HJ will teach your child to be a Young Man.

The boy in question has tremendous athletic potential. Most likely college level potential. He also has major disiplinary issues. I personally feel that Coach H should not be crusified over this situation. He made a bad decision and it exploded from there. He resigned and rightfully so realizing the err in his way. I feel that for the parents to desire to have his head is a bit extreme. It is one thing to lose the coach and possibly the team and season for the boy in queation must suffer the same end as the rest of the team. And moreso for everyone labeling him as the catylist. But to prevent further damage and actually employ someone (the only one) who could actually channel this young mans's agression into positive reinforcement and begin to build what could someday be an exemplary citizen...is nothing short of God Sent. The parents in question should be thankful that at long last there is someone that can help make a respectable man out of their son knowing that his future is bright.

And for Coach H...he must start over. That will be punishment enough. No need to cut his legs out from under him. It is one thing to punish a man for his mistake and yet quite another to remove his dignity.

You as parents must decide if a situation such as this warrants the extreme measures that have unfolded or if in fact common sense should have ruled. The fact is a law was broken. Albeit, a rediculously stupid law in my view. However, our laws are designed to cover the utmost extreme circumstances and ultimately prevent harm to our children. You must decide how you would react.

I know exactly what happened and you are correct, there was no keeping this quiet. The fact is one or two bad apples can spoil the whole bunch. I only pray that D-B gets another transfer out of this whole mess!

I am completely in agreement on that---Roll Tribe. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

There's an old saying..."Like Father, Like Son".

Coach H was a good coach...[

/quote]

I erased allmost all of what you said, strictly due to the length of your post, so don't be offended. I agree with most of what you said, but you were not there so how can you comment on "a law was broken". He has NOT been charged with anything. AS a coach or teacher, for that matter, you touch children every day. YOu might shake their hand, you might pat them on the head, you might give them a push (showing how a poor 3 pt stance impacts his ability to stay balanced and fire off the line)---you may even put your arm around them and hug them. It's not rare to see a coach push or tug on a player to get his attention. From all that can be gathered from kids who were there and from the parents who had kids there---there was nothing that justified this action by the parents. I'll tell you what this is about------it's about a kid who pitched a fit and walked off the field in defiance and the only way for him to return was to get rid of the coach. Yes, we live in a day where people's weakness in character has eroded and strenth in standing up for what is right gives way to "what costs less" or "what's the easiest way out", not to mention "how can I make it easier for my baby" and "how can I undermine others so my baby will be on top".

I could go on, but I won't---99.9% of Col.Hts knows what went down here and it is pathetic.

I erased allmost all of what you said, strictly due to the length of your post, so don't be offended. I agree with most of what you said, but you were not there so how can you comment on "a law was broken". He has NOT been charged with anything. AS a coach or teacher, for that matter, you touch children every day. YOu might shake their hand, you might pat them on the head, you might give them a push (showing how a poor 3 pt stance impacts his ability to stay balanced and fire off the line)---you may even put your arm around them and hug them. It's not rare to see a coach push or tug on a player to get his attention. From all that can be gathered from kids who were there and from the parents who had kids there---there was nothing that justified this action by the parents. I'll tell you what this is about------it's about a kid who pitched a fit and walked off the field in defiance and the only way for him to return was to get rid of the coach. Yes, we live in a day where people's weakness in character has eroded and strenth in standing up for what is right gives way to "what costs less" or "what's the easiest way out", not to mention "how can I make it easier for my baby" and "how can I undermine others so my baby will be on top".

I could go on, but I won't---99.9% of Col.Hts knows what went down here and it is pathetic.

Mutt, when I was in elementary school in the early 60's it was a different time...a different mentality, different standards, different food...Hades, everything was different. To secure a best friend it took a fight to the finish. Whoever got up was the Pilot...who didn't was the co-pilot. You were best friends forever. But he got to bat first, he got dubs on your pop, he got the prettiest girl, and he got your back. When he died and you were left all alone you realized he needed you more than you needed him. But you still loved him.

Those days are gone. They were gone when these kids parents were coming up in the 80's. Time-out, gay marriage, sex changes, single parents, restaurants. When is the last time you had a home cooked meal? The point is; it's what these kids have been taught. What, they raised themselves? Well I guess so given how they tell the adults what to do.

Not in my house. I told my sons coaches...he gets out of line take a ball bat to him. And I was serious. Because I would. And did. My son doesn't have earrings, tatoos, rat tails, and his pants are sucure on his waist. My daughter doesn't wear sweatpants with the word PINK spread across the butt! My wife doesn't have tatoos, body piercings or any the rest of that garbage. When I was a kid if you had a tatoo it meant you went to war and fought. So there.

I am not a sympathizer as you seemed to think in your post. However, you can ###### and complain all you want about the camera at the intersection of Ft. Henry Dr. and Colonial Heights Rd. but you will pay the ticket. And you won't get the camera removed. Does that mean we just shut up and take all the flak thrown at us and keep smiling. NO! But after many years of fighting fire with fire and only seeing an out of control fire I thought to use my brain instead of my brawn. True, there is a time and place for everything and a need for the wisdom to know when to do what. But in this situation fire will only burn the house down. Do I believe in war? Sad to say but yes I do. So does this require war? No it requires intelligent adults to glue this thing back together and not just piecemeal but make it stronger than before. And yes just maybe make Coach H's life better than it was before. It is said that when one door closes the Lord opens another. And what is the prerequisite for that to happen. In my mind it is simply to treat everyone with dignity and honor. If we all did that there would be less problems. You say, Dream on. And I say, it is one battle at a time. You can't win them all but you sure have to try. And in the end hopefully Coach H and Mr. G will come to terms and ultimately become friends just like in the 60's. That's how men do what men do.

I am not a sympathizer as you seemed to think in your post. ......... And in the end hopefully Coach H and Mr. G will come to terms and ultimately become friends just like in the 60's. That's how men do what men do.

No, Comp, I know you and have alot of respect for you, and most of the time fall in line with your opinions. I didn't think, ever, that you would sympathize with this nonsense.. My only concern was one comment you made, and the rest was just me just venting.

Friends, I doubt it, not when these people have a history of being trouble makers. People can have disagreements and can reconcile, but when you attack the moral character, reputation, and dignity of a man, well that's different.

One might forgive him, but never turn your back to be stabbed again, not by the same people.

"Men" there's only one "man" involved in this and his last name starts with an H.

Oops, there I go again, venting.