2 more Chattanooga area teams looking for coaches

catsbackr

I think the coach at Sequatchie did not do a bad job, else they wouldn't want him to remain as an assistant. They could have won a few more games but the district isn't easy with Marion, Hixson and Notre Dame around the top lately. He had some bad luck with injuries to some of his top-producing players in both seasons and neither senior class was a large group. The section on needing an AD assistant isn't just fluff, with girls and boys soccer now added the school has everything you'll find at most any school in the state except wrestling. Coordinating that many schedules, eligibility forms, etc has to be time consuming.

I think the coach at Sequatchie did not do a bad job, else they wouldn't want him to remain as an assistant. They could have won a few more games but the district isn't easy with Marion, Hixson and Notre Dame around the top lately. He had some bad luck with injuries to some of his top-producing players in both seasons and neither senior class was a large group. The section on needing an AD assistant isn't just fluff, with girls and boys soccer now added the school has everything you'll find at most any school in the state except wrestling. Coordinating that many schedules, eligibility forms, etc has to be time consuming.

It says that Shane Roberson has been hired as the new coach that name sounds familier to me is he from Bledsoe Co.?

I have heard that wrestling will be added with in the next year or so.

Hixson and Sequatchie Co. coaches resign

What's going on?

Ooltewah was vacant, now CSAS, Hixson and Sequatchie County all need coaches.

I don't know what is going on with these other schools. But as for Hixson I'cant say as I blame the coach for quitting there. The talent coming up is dropped off pretty substantial and these "Hardship cases" is killing Hixson Athletics. I talked to one of the asst football coaches the other day about the new zoning area coming in effect to help Hixson he basically said those effected would just file hardship. I think the baseball coach saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and knew it was a oncoming train.

Just on a side note I saw where Roger Vandergriff resign as Athletic director of Hixson also. Wow what's up with that. Things have really change since I went to Hixson very unstable in athletics, and the schools image.

Indian, why are you always giving excuses for the reasons sequatchie loses. I was at every baseball game this year and I have yet to see you. That's what wrong in Sequatchie County excuses, blaming one thing then another. Juan did ok considering, but he is just not a head coach. I think he will be a good assistant coach. There was nobody hurt this year. Trevor missed one game maybe two but he still he still caried the team all year. We need someone that will bring disipline to the team, and work more with the pitchers. As far as Hixson's Coach leaving, if he left because the well went dry, then what does that teach the kids, to quit when the going gets tough.

It says that Shane Roberson has been hired as the new coach that name sounds familier to me is he from Bledsoe Co.?

I have heard that wrestling will be added with in the next year or so.

Not to take it too far off the subject but I think wrestling will be supported well, as long as the fans don't expect chairs to be used before the pins. At the least it should help the football program if some of the team wrestle and after some building years hopefully the team will be competitive.

Bratt you are right about the injuries, I was thinking more about last year with S Kilgore and Christy missing time. Thanks for the correction.

I don't know what is going on with these other schools. But as for Hixson I'cant say as I blame the coach for quitting there. The talent coming up is dropped off pretty substantial and these "Hardship cases" is killing Hixson Athletics. I talked to one of the asst football coaches the other day about the new zoning area coming in effect to help Hixson he basically said those effected would just file hardship. I think the baseball coach saw the light at the end of the tunnel, and knew it was a oncoming train.

Just on a side note I saw where Roger Vandergriff resign as Athletic director of Hixson also. Wow what's up with that. Things have really change since I went to Hixson very unstable in athletics, and the schools image.

Has a zone been established yet? From the way I read it seemed the Red Bank zone would move north and so would Hixson's, up into the Middle Valley area where students currently attend Soddy-Daisy. Regardless it doesn't seem the zones in Chattanooga are too strict.

Has a zone been established yet? From the way I read it seemed the Red Bank zone would move north and so would Hixson's, up into the Middle Valley area where students currently attend Soddy-Daisy. Regardless it doesn't seem the zones in Chattanooga are too strict.

The last word I heard was Red Banks zone would go north to Cloverdale at Hixson Pike. Hixson would go to Thrasher pike and Gold Point Circle on Big Ridge. It might go to Daisy Dallas Rd which would take in a ton of Soddy Daisy zoned students. And yes your right! Chattanooga is not too strict on zones.

Good luck to you guy's on a new coach y'all deserve a good coach. Your Baseball field is awesome and you have great community support. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Sequatchie County. Y'all are one a few programs that is not a "Political Cess Pool" program. Peace!

Facilities are definitely a plus. It's not as important as the preparation by coaches and execution by players but if you look sharp in uniforms and play on a sharp-looking field it can help build a winning attitude. Lights were added to the gym last season to replace those orange goblins and there was noticeable difference in how much better the gym appeared. The school is looking to build and maintain an entire athletic program, not just focusing on football or any other particular sport. I think the specialization by some athletes has hurt at times but I do like how all the sports get their relative share of support, money and in the seats (though naturally there is a gap between some). The coaches in tennis and cross-country are just as determined as in the larger sports. In the past, teams or individuals have made it to the state tournament in bowling, cross-country, track, golf, baseball, softball, boys basketball and the football team made it to a state final. Girls' basketball came close the last two seasons and this will be the third straight year of being a top 10 type team. I would compare those results to any similar sized, rural school in the state. The only negative is that some took place quite a few years ago, but if it was done then they it can be done now.

The last word I heard was Red Banks zone would go north to Cloverdale at Hixson Pike. Hixson would go to Thrasher pike and Gold Point Circle on Big Ridge. It might go to Daisy Dallas Rd which would take in a ton of Soddy Daisy zoned students. And yes your right! Chattanooga is not too strict on zones.

I've known about the zones for a long time. One of the best girls' athletes in Chattanooga in the last 20 years lived in the Cloverdale area near the mall, attended Red Bank Middle. Had she not gone to Baylor she would have went to Red Bank High School instead of Hixson. Several of the girls who she'd have been teammates with at Red Bank were also from up that way and one was from East Ridge. The basic explanation was that Red Bank had coaches like Thurman and Pierce and was pretty strong in basketballl, especially strong in volleyball and softball.