AAU Junior Olympics - Elite, etc.

I was just wondering if Sade Buley or anybody else will play up for the Junior Olympics. Or will it be the same roster from the 16u Team?

Also, I'm looking for any info I can get on the Junior Olympics boys or girls basketball. Rosters, best players, etc.

Will they be selling programs with rosters like at the AAU Nationals?

Congrats to all the Tennessee teams for great showing at the AAU Nationals this year!

The Tennessee Elite roster is made up by

members of the 15U, 16U, and 17U Elite teams.

15U

Sade Buley - South Doyle

Katrina Beechboard - Livingston Acd.

Fallon Lee - McMinn Central

Cara Reed - Cookville

16U

Julie Martin - Memphis ECS

Taryn Towns - Bolton

Kristin Archie - Father Ryan

Dana Carrigan - Beech

Jessica Lang - Knox. Farragut

Kristin Kirkland - Lebanon

17U

Rebecca Rowsey - Chester Co.

Brittany Frazier - Oak Ridge

Kari Maddox - Beech

Alex Munday - Knox. Farragut

Veronica Pike - FRA

Posted by coacht:

The Elite won their pool and play today at 5:15PM EDT vs the Indiana Heat/Team Arkansas winner.

http://www.aaugirlsbasketball.org/pages/JO/winner-brkt.htm

The Elite beat Team Arkansas, 69-62, and play Sacred Heart Academy (KY) at 1:45 EDT today at Heritage High School. If they win they will play again tonight at 7PM. Check the brackets for details.

TN Elite defeated Sacred Heart Academy (KY) 81-79 Wednesday afternoon and will face Team North Carolina in tonight's 7pm contest at Alcoa High School.

I'll be heading that way in a little while to send back some scoring and maybe a few photos.

I have one extra point, but it should otherwise be very accurate. A handful of pictures to come...

Scoring: Buley 16 (7-16 FG), Rowsley 10 (4-9 FG), Lee 6 (2-2 FG), Maddux 6 (3-5 FG), Archie 5 (1-5 FG), Beechboard 5 (1-5 FG), Lange 3 (3-4 FT), Towns 3 (1-5 FG), Munday 2 (2-2 FT), Carrigan 2 (2-4 FT)

Rebounding: Pike Lange Rowsley 5, Buley Kirkland 4, Maddux 3, Towns 2, Frazier Munday Carrigan Martin 1

Steals: Carrigan 3, Beechboard Buley Rowsley Martin 2, Frazier Archie Munday Maddux 1

Towns led with 2 assists. Archie shot 4-4 from the FT line, Lange and Beechboard shot 75% (3-4) at the line.

The day's first game was a drainer, and it showed after the first ten minutes this evening. After trailing by as many as 14 points in the first half, Buley hit a scoring streak late to bring Elite back as close as seven.

Elite trailed by ten at the mid-game break.

Elite moves to the losers bracket in this double elimination tournament, facing a yet to be determined opponent Thursday at Alcoa High School. Gametime is 1:45pm ET.

http://www.aaugirlsbasketball.org/pages/JO/losers-brkt.htm

• 3 months later...