sequoyah lets talk football

vonore65

no pun intended, just dont seem like a 3a school can get much work from two single a schools.

I don't think it makes much sense when you are trying to install new schemes within 3 to 4 weeks to go out and scrimmage a Juggernaut, it makes perfect sense to me to not go out and try to get stiff competion right away, you gotta crawl before you walk, run etc. The flip side to your argument is if you play stiff competition and you get stuffed because everyone is learning, you haven't accomplished a darn thing.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Murphy Fair's Preseason Coaches Poll

Class 3A

RANK TEAM 1ST PLACE VOTES 2007 RECORD

1 Fulton 10 12-3

2 David Lipscomb 16 14-1

3 Knoxville Catholic 3 11-1

4 Austin East 0 9-4

5 White House 0 9-4

6 Pearl-Cohn 0 11-3

7 Dyersburg 1 10-2

8 Mitchell 0 10-4

9 Crockett Co. 0 4-6

10 Giles Co. 0 8-3

Murphy Fair's Preseason Coaches Poll

Class 3A

RANK TEAM 1ST PLACE VOTES 2007 RECORD

1 Fulton 10 12-3

2 David Lipscomb 16 14-1

3 Knoxville Catholic 3 11-1

4 Austin East 0 9-4

5 White House 0 9-4

6 Pearl-Cohn 0 11-3

7 Dyersburg 1 10-2

8 Mitchell 0 10-4

9 Crockett Co. 0 4-6

10 Giles Co. 0 8-3

Gosh old warhorse will have a melt down no central in the top 10, I am sure he has a "better" poll anyway!

Why didn't you say that I was entitled to my opinion some moons ago Dr. Dave? You must have seen the light that people do have different opinions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

welllllllllll we were talking about people /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't think it makes much sense when you are trying to install new schemes within 3 to 4 weeks to go out and scrimmage a Juggernaut, it makes perfect sense to me to not go out and try to get stiff competion right away, you gotta crawl before you walk, run etc. The flip side to your argument is if you play stiff competition and you get stuffed because everyone is learning, you haven't accomplished a darn thing.

i dont think we should schedule a juggernaut either, but good competition makes you better, not playing teams we should handle any day of the week. im not saying harriman and coalfield arent good, they are just not close to what we are going to be playing week in and week out.

i dont think we should schedule a juggernaut either, but good competition makes you better, not playing teams we should handle any day of the week. im not saying harriman and coalfield arent good, they are just not close to what we are going to be playing week in and week out.

I would think coach Satterfield with all that has been going on was happy to get these 3. You know he has been in one heck of a rush to be able to get anything done with him coming in so late. Most teams already had scrimmages lined up i would think. I'am glad they have got 3. That will help alot with all they need to get done.

GO CHIEFS !!!

Allen Roberts

hey dave why hasnt michael moore cum back out we really need him on defense have you heard.

He was out there initially, I am thinking he has been MIA since dead period was over. Michael just needs to dedicate his self more to the team. I mean he is a Senior and should be leading by example instead of people trying to get him to practice. Michael knows how I feel about him missing practice, now he might be out of town or something else going on so I 'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It's just that there is a repeating history there. Michael could be such a good football player, he has skills that a lot of kids would die for. Plain and simple football and his teammates will have to get more important to Michael for that to happen.

I saw Michael at church last night and didn't think to ask him. It's possible the Adam Morgan accident might be having an effect. From what I had heard, he took it pretty hard.

Jerry Denham

I am sure he took it very hard, Michael is very tender hearted. I guess that could be part of it, but life goes on. I don't mean for that to sound cold but you have to look for reasons to do things sometimes, instead of not to do it . Michael leans to the latter way to much. I am not running Michael down and he knows that, we have had this same conversation 'several' times, he would just look at me, smile and say "I know coach" you can't help but love the kid. I just wish he could realize his potential. Coach Roberts has had a longer relationship than me with Michael. I will sick Jeff on him.

QUOTE (goldfinger @ Jul 17 2008 - 09:34 AM)

no pun intended, just dont seem like a 3a school can get much work from two single a schools.

Sequoyah may kill these teams, but don't just say that because they are 1a and seq is 3a. Sweetwater in the past 15 years has scrimmaged several 4a-5a schools some pretty good teams and beat them. I would say that alot of those teams were saying the same thing before the scrimmage!!!

QUOTE (goldfinger @ Jul 17 2008 - 09:34 AM)

Sequoyah may kill these teams, but don't just say that because they are 1a and seq is 3a. Sweetwater in the past 15 years has scrimmaged several 4a-5a schools some pretty good teams and beat them. I would say that alot of those teams were saying the same thing before the scrimmage!!!

your exactly right there