Preseason Coaches Polls: 1A-2A-3A

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS????????????? IN REALITY I DO BELIEVE THAT POLLS ARE A MEANINGLESS JOKE AND ARE JUST INTENDED TO GIVE FANS SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S ALL THAT THERE REALLY IS TO TALK ABOUT FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR SO!!!!

That is my thought exactly.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And which 2A team on this list would get mopped up by Hickman County? LOL /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well lets see....for starter lets say Westview. HC beat them by at least five td's if not six this spring running a new offense. Now for the rest.

Smith County

York (my god /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Lewis Co.

And those are just the obvious ones. The only team I see on there they can't beat is Alcoa. Please remember to check this post in late november. They were beaten in the quarter last year and return virtually everybody. I've seen york on tv, they are not even in the same league. Humboldt either, and certainly not a sweetwater team coming off back to back to back mediocre years. Gatlinburg Pittman.....(long pause with demeaning look on face and rolling eyes at the same time) I'm surprised Murphy even printed that garbage.

Well lets see....for starter lets say Westview. HC beat them by at least five td's if not six this spring running a new offense. Now for the rest.

Smith County

York (my god /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> )

Lewis Co.

And those are just the obvious ones. The only team I see on there they can't beat is Alcoa. Please remember to check this post in late november. They were beaten in the quarter last year and return virtually everybody. I've seen york on tv, they are not even in the same league. Humboldt either, and certainly not a sweetwater team coming off back to back to back mediocre years. Gatlinburg Pittman.....(long pause with demeaning look on face and rolling eyes at the same time) I'm surprised Murphy even printed that garbage.

You have absolutely NO CLUE what your talking about!!! LOL Hickman County plays nobodys in the season anyways!!! You come and play in our region or even on this side of Nashville and you my be able to see what competitive football looks like!!! York returns 95% of there starters that went undefeated last year in regular season. Smith County is always in the top 10 of 2A and even 3A for a few years. And wasn't it Lewis County that beat Hickman in the season last year. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know you beat them in the playoffs. But they still beat you also!!! Your right about Hickman not being in the same league as the Yorks and Smith Countys, Hickman is in a lower league!!! Go Bulldogs!!! LOL Yeah Right!!!

You have absolutely NO CLUE what your talking about!!! LOL Hickman County plays nobodys in the season anyways!!! You come and play in our region or even on this side of Nashville and you my be able to see what competitive football looks like!!! York returns 95% of there starters that went undefeated last year in regular season. Smith County is always in the top 10 of 2A and even 3A for a few years. And wasn't it Lewis County that beat Hickman in the season last year. Yeah Yeah Yeah I know you beat them in the playoffs. But they still beat you also!!! Your right about Hickman not being in the same league as the Yorks and Smith Countys, Hickman is in a lower league!!! Go Bulldogs!!! LOL Yeah Right!!!

Sorry to offend you. I've seen you guys on tv also. The problem you guys have is typical of your region. NO SPEED. You do pretty good for what you've got and due to your proximity and relationship to the so called "GURU" he will always throw you guys some love. Around here we laugh everytime we see you guys ranked in the top 10.

Sorry to offend you. I've seen you guys on tv also. The problem you guys have is typical of your region. NO SPEED. You do pretty good for what you've got and due to your proximity and relationship to the so called "GURU" he will always throw you guys some love. Around here we laugh everytime we see you guys ranked in the top 10.

Play someone and win then come talk to me!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Didn't you go like 3-7 in 2006 and like 4-6 in 2005?

Who needs to laugh now? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We are slow, fat, and slow!!! We here it every year from people just like you and yet we keep on winning!!!

Tell me Hickman County Fans(since you laugh every year). What is your record for the last 5 to 8 years total?

Play someone and win then come talk to me!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Didn't you go like 3-7 in 2006 and like 4-6 in 2005?

Who needs to laugh now? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

We are slow, fat, and slow!!! We here it every year from people just like you and yet we keep on winning!!!

Tell me Hickman County Fans(since you laugh every year). What is your record for the last 5 to 8 years total?

Glover, that's just Hickman County, their record against Lewis County in the last 20 or so years is 2 - 23.and all those years except last HC was a 4A school. Like they say a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Glover, that's just Hickman County, their record against Lewis County in the last 20 or so years is 2 - 23.and all those years except last HC was a 4A school. Like they say a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Gosh, you guys are testy. They are the blind squirrell that has found a nut, but nuts are alot easier to find in 2A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gosh, you guys are testy. They are the blind squirrell that has found a nut, but nuts are alot easier to find in 2A. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

LOL Maybe Hickman County can find a pair? LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL Maybe Hickman County can find a pair? LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> They may take yours.

Smith Co. is a very quality football program. Maynord & Co. do a great job over there. Murphy Fair does have Carthage ties but there's no doubt that the Owls don't need his approval to be considered among the elite in 2A.

Swenson turned Hickman Co. into a very good football team. They were horrible before he came to Centerville and installed some excitement into the fall sport at HCHS. Hopefully that will continue for the Bulldogs for the years to come. The toll of East Hickman coming into existance is eventually going to play an impact.

Hickman Co. vs Smith Co. would be a very entertaining matchup this season. It will never happen but it would be a nice matchup of quality 2A teams nonetheless. I don't think either side would just beat up on the other in a game that would be a "blowout". It would be a tight battle that went to the wire IMO.

DCA is nowhere to be found on the list either. Weren't they in the state semifinals last year????? They beat both Goodpasture & Tyner last fall as well. I know 2007 is not 2008 but these polls in the preseason usually do reflect on how well some teams did the prior season.

DCA looked terrible in the spring. They are not a top 10 team right now.

/excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" />