All-State List

dins8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly, it seems as many coaches just dont' care to turn in their post season info for these teams and it is really sad. I know G was worried about taking on this responsibility b/c he had experienced how hard it was to get info from most of the coaches. Players/Parents need to get on their coaches about speaking up for the players who deserve recognition. I think Coach Turner at bearden is handling AAA and I haven't seen that list out yet. It usually is at the end of July so we still have a week. I'm sure they are working hard to put together the teams. I just don't understand why coaches out there won't spend a few minutes to send in info to help their players get recognition. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It would seem that a simple email to the list of coaches would suffice. How long would it take a coach to hit reply and nominate his top players?

What I don't understand is why TSSA doesn't require/manage and name this list themselves.

Do you mean TSSAA or TN soccer. TSSAA doen't care about soccer so don't count on them. TN Soccer is club oriented so they wouldn't deal with the High School Season. This is just frustrating. Girls season is gearing up and we don't have info on the boys from last spring. Good Job Coaches! Way to represent your players.

Do you mean TSSAA or TN soccer. TSSAA doen't care about soccer so don't count on them. TN Soccer is club oriented so they wouldn't deal with the High School Season. This is just frustrating. Girls season is gearing up and we don't have info on the boys from last spring. Good Job Coaches! Way to represent your players.

I was referring to TSSAA, since they set the rules & regulations for High School Sports, they could set up a reporting requirement for the coaches to an "all-state" committee to publish the results. It would be in there best interest to promote TSSAA athletes as the TSSAA exists only because the athletes' involvment in the various sports.

TN Soccer has their own issues trying to manage club soccer in the state...I wouldn't expect them to address this or even have the ability to do so. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

What all this really does is demise the award/recognition, because it looks like a list was just thrown together. In years past the Coaches list seemed more prestigious than the writers list, but that's personal opinion. Now it's the other way around. I think waiting until to ask for nominations until after the season/tournament might be the problme, at least I think that's when they ask about nominating All State Players, they should do it immediately after the season, not the tournament. This way you catch coaches who are still in school. By the end of the season, for the most part, coaches know who thier top players are. I am glad I don't have Big G's job. It's definitely not for the lack of his due diligence.

What all this really does is demise the award/recognition, because it looks like a list was just thrown together. In years past the Coaches list seemed more prestigious than the writers list, but that's personal opinion. Now it's the other way around. I think waiting until to ask for nominations until after the season/tournament might be the problme, at least I think that's when they ask about nominating All State Players, they should do it immediately after the season, not the tournament. This way you catch coaches who are still in school. By the end of the season, for the most part, coaches know who thier top players are. I am glad I don't have Big G's job. It's definitely not for the lack of his due diligence.

Actually, it's the exact opposite. If the list were just "thrown together" it would have gone out a month ago. But because we wanted a true all state team, with nominees across the state, with representatives from each region, it took a while. The list has been submitted. In years past, it has come out in mid August. If anyone is upset with how long it took, then they should talk to their coaches about the time they took to submit their nominees. Some of the coaches were GREAT, and I appreciate everyone that helped. I think the process will go much smoother in the future, now that we have regional reps across the state.

If I find out when it will be publicized, I will let you know. Be patient, EastTNref... it is coming soon!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Actually, it's the exact opposite. If the list were just "thrown together" it would have gone out a month ago. But because we wanted a true all state team, with nominees across the state, with representatives from each region, it took a while. The list has been submitted. In years past, it has come out in mid August. If anyone is upset with how long it took, then they should talk to their coaches about the time they took to submit their nominees. Some of the coaches were GREAT, and I appreciate everyone that helped. I think the process will go much smoother in the future, now that we have regional reps across the state.

If I find out when it will be publicized, I will let you know. Be patient, EastTNref... it is coming soon!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Shoot, Big G called me out. That makes sense. I apologized. Not really been called out by the Man before and with that said, I guess it makes since to wait for a list.

My high school soccer days are done, although I will be watching on occasion. For those of you in East Tennessee, come watch some D1 College soccer at ETSU. Here's the schedule.

http://www.etsubucs.com/sports/msoccer/schedules/

G, with all due respect, I know you have been on top of this as usual and that you have been swimming upstream in trying to get this job done. I hope, however, that your comments don't mean that you think it is okay to have the list come out in August. I hope that is never going to be viewed as acceptable to the TACA. Good grief, the TSSWA beat you to the finish line by over a month (and still counting). In all of my high school years, going back to the late '90s, I can never remember the list coming out this late. If the coaches don't want to respond promptly, then leave their players out of consideration. Once word gets out why someone was not considered for the list, you can bet the parents and, hopefully the AD's, will see to it that the coaches do their jobs in a responsible manner.

Ideally, I think the All-State lists should be published at or near the time of the state championships. There is no reason, other than negligence by the coaches, that the list has been delayed to this point. This isn't rocket science.

And finally, I hope the TACA isn't basing the All-State selections on a regional quota. There is no way the three Grand Divisions of the state merit equal representation every year. Some years the studs are in the East, some years the West and some years the Middle. Select these teams on overall performance, not as top players for their respective regions. That's what the All-District and All-Region teams are for.