John Jenkins & Z Mason in Battle at the Bluff

Legend

They are close in talent. TW is a better athlete and attacks the basket a whole lot better. He also took a lot of shots last year. He would post up, drive to the basket, make 3's and shoot a lot of FT. JJ is a much better shooter but TW all around game is better. He will do well at OM and I think JJ will do well at Vandy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is good basketball (and always has been) in Memphis, but just because a player does not play in West Tn. does not mean they would not be just as good playing in West Tn.. If I remember correctly, the following players have done pretty well: Brandon Wright, Tyler Smith, Jamont Gordon, Corey Brewer. All from Middle Tennessee.

Also, just because Jenkins may not be super quick off the dribble or a great shut down defender doesn't mean he won't be a great college player at Vandy. Sounds like Shaun Foster and Chris Lofton to me - SEC players of the Year. I'd say they did pretty well.

They are close in talent. TW is a better athlete and attacks the basket a whole lot better. He also took a lot of shots last year. He would post up, drive to the basket, make 3's and shoot a lot of FT. JJ is a much better shooter but TW all around game is better. He will do well at OM and I think JJ will do well at Vandy.

OK its just seems to be that everybody else thinks different(on the all around player issue)

• 3 weeks later...

OK its just seems to be that everybody else thinks different(on the all around player issue)

from what i saw the 2nd time JJ would light it up every night if he played in Memphis. he might lead the city in scoring.

JJ just not the best player in the state doa. Buckner and McDonald are better. JJ got exposed (dribbling & defending)playing in the battle of the bluff -VS- memphishoopers.com

There is good basketball (and always has been) in Memphis, but just because a player does not play in West Tn. does not mean they would not be just as good playing in West Tn.. If I remember correctly, the following players have done pretty well: Brandon Wright, Tyler Smith, Jamont Gordon, Corey Brewer. All from Middle Tennessee.

Also, just because Jenkins may not be super quick off the dribble or a great shut down defender doesn't mean he won't be a great college player at Vandy. Sounds like Shaun Foster and Chris Lofton to me - SEC players of the Year. I'd say they did pretty well.

MAYBE THE MOST ACCURATE POST I'VE EVER SEEN ON HERE.

Just to set the record straight on John Jenkins and Z Mason and the Hoopers win over the Tennessee Tigers. When the Tigers played the Hoopers in Memphis, that was their 15th game in 10 days and third city they played in. Playing in Indianapolis, Louisville and then Memphs. The Tigers did not have much energy the first half. They ended up only losing by 4, and the only thing that kept the Tigers from winning the game was the good ole players in the black and white stripes. The refs were so bad against the Tigers and on purpose and they knew it. They would go by the Tigers bench and laugh after making a riduculous call against them.

Just to set the record straight on John Jenkins and Z Mason and the Hoopers win over the Tennessee Tigers. When the Tigers played the Hoopers in Memphis, that was their 15th game in 10 days and third city they played in. Playing in Indianapolis, Louisville and then Memphs. The Tigers did not have much energy the first half. They ended up only losing by 4, and the only thing that kept the Tigers from winning the game was the good ole players in the black and white stripes. The refs were so bad against the Tigers and on purpose and they knew it. They would go by the Tigers bench and laugh after making a riduculous call against them.

this post is so funny. tennessee y played this same hoopers team in houston and only won by 2 in double ot. did they play 15 games this time also. lol!!! pluse reggie buckner didnt play for the hoopers in this game. tennessee y lost to a bunch of no names lead by john david little mtsu commit

this post is so funny. tennessee y played this same hoopers team in houston and only won by 2 in double ot. did they play 15 games this time also. lol!!! pluse reggie buckner didnt play for the hoopers in this game. tennessee y lost to a bunch of no names lead by john david little mtsu commit

They were definitely not a bunch of no names, I know several players on that team and you show your ignorance and disrespect to those players by calling them no names. You yourself just stated they had an MTSU commit. Again even being their 15th game in 10 days, if the game were played anywhere but Memphis, the Tigers would have won. The Tigers were also without Demonte Simpson and Blake Jenkins, Josh Lee played with a broken finger on his shooting hand, Hunter Miller was playing the whole month with mono. Things arent always what they seem. So maybe before people start bashing John Jenkins and Z Mason maybe they ought to know the facts. John Jenkins has signed with Vanderbilt and Z Mason has over 20 basketball offers so evidently the college coaches don't agree with the ignoramus that started this thread. Oh and by the way Z Mason did not play in Houston against the Hoopers when they had Reginald Buckner and lost.

They were definitely not a bunch of no names, I know several players on that team and you show your ignorance and disrespect to those players by calling them no names. You yourself just stated they had an MTSU commit. Again even being their 15th game in 10 days, if the game were played anywhere but Memphis, the Tigers would have won. The Tigers were also without Demonte Simpson and Blake Jenkins, Josh Lee played with a broken finger on his shooting hand, Hunter Miller was playing the whole month with mono. Things arent always what they seem. So maybe before people start bashing John Jenkins and Z Mason maybe they ought to know the facts. John Jenkins has signed with Vanderbilt and Z Mason has over 20 basketball offers so evidently the college coaches don't agree with the ignoramus that started this thread. Oh and by the way Z Mason did not play in Houston against the Hoopers when they had Reginald Buckner and lost.

Name a player on that Memphishoopers.com team besides Buckner who didn’t play & John David Little who I told you about MTSU. You no when John David Little got that offer after he made Jenkins look horrible on defense in this game. I call them no names because no one no who they are but me and some Memphis people.

Memphishoopers took it to Tennessee y all night. The Tennessee Y didn’t deserve to be on the same floor with them. Another thing the Y beat them by 2 in Houston in Double OT. Jenkins had a good game. My good friend coach Anthony coach them this time and the hoopers killed the Y before letting them get back in it later. Talk what you wont to but I no the facts. The facts are John David Little a no-name player looked better than Jenkins. Tyler Stone a no-name player killed Z. Mason. The hoopers just got thru playing in another tourney themselves before they played in the battle of the bluff.

Tell them guys to make plays not excuses like you. Lol!!!

Name a player on that Memphishoopers.com team besides Buckner who didn’t play & John David Little who I told you about MTSU. You no when John David Little got that offer after he made Jenkins look horrible on defense in this game. I call them no names because no one no who they are but me and some Memphis people.

Memphishoopers took it to Tennessee y all night. The Tennessee Y didn’t deserve to be on the same floor with them. Another thing the Y beat them by 2 in Houston in Double OT. Jenkins had a good game. My good friend coach Anthony coach them this time and the hoopers killed the Y before letting them get back in it later. Talk what you wont to but I no the facts. The facts are John David Little a no-name player looked better than Jenkins. Tyler Stone a no-name player killed Z. Mason. The hoopers just got thru playing in another tourney themselves before they played in the battle of the bluff.

Tell them guys to make plays not excuses like you. Lol!!!

Whatever, if ignorance was an olympic event you would get the gold medal.