Unranked players from the class of 2009 with offers

yankees8589

A few players I have seen this spring and summer. I believe every player on the Ballerz North team has D1 talent. There are many others, this is just a few. Ive seen others, of note the Memphis Hoopers and a couple of kids from East TN . The names escape me, but one was a PG on a not so good team and he clearly showed he could play with anybody..I believe he was playing with a 17U team (I could be wrong). We all know about Buckner, Jenkins, McDonald and Hall. Let's here about the other great players form the class of 2009 that might play D1. Here are some that come to mind. I saw most of the TN AAU teams earlier this spring and have seen the top teams as well in one of the bigger events. I cannot remember all the players names, lets here em. I'm talikng class of 2009 only.

Sklar McBee....Ive seen him play three times this summer and was impressed. While not being recruited on the same level as Buckner, Hall, McDonald, and Jenkins and few others, this kid can play and flat out shoot. He made the all tournement team at the Bob Gibbons TOC (arguably the top AAU event of the summer). Played very well at the Peach Jam event and just about every AAU event the MidState Ballerz have participated in. Also played in the Pilot Rocky Top league (with and against some very very good college players). From what I gather he currently hold offers from Tulane, UAB, ETSU, MTSU, and Indiana St. Can anybody confirm these offers? Who knows, could possibly see his recruitment take off. I think he could possibly have a role at the high major level as a shooter (I haven't seen him enough to really know though). Maybe a really good scorer at the midmajor level. Bright future in my opinion.

Nathan Parker....Another MidState Baller I have seen play with McBee. Tremendous athlete and plays much bigger than his size. If he were 6'8 I think every team in te SEC would be after him. I hear some SEC schools have been showing interest but I can't confirm that... Can anyone confirm this? In my opinion he is the most talented player on the Ballerz. He was a Stud in the games I saw him play in. My understanding is he has offers from Libsomb, MTSU, ETSU, and UT Chatt. Whoever get's him is going to get a steal. The Ballerz are nationaly ranked and have made there presence known on the national level, just like they do every summer. Although they have no top 100 players.

Trey Carrouthers...Another great atlhlete whol plays for one of the other MidState Ballerz teams. First time I saw him was two years ago and I was impressed. I thought he needed to improve his ball handling. I have heard Georgia Tech had been looking at him at one time. As of right now I see no evidence Georgia Tech is serious about him. But I could be wrong. I really don't see him as an ACC player but a good midmajor prospect. Does anybody know what offers he holds? A raw talent that could make some noise with the right program, in my opinion.

CJ Crittendon....His stock was really high after his performance in the State Tournement. Was playing for a while with the top Ballerz team along with McBee and Parker (the North team I think). I haven't heard much lately on CJ. Can anyone confirm if he is still playing with the Ballerz? CJ has another gear and is super quick. I think he plays great defense, has really good handles, and get's to the hole with ease. Made some great passes and would often blow by defenders. At times it appeared he played to fast though. He was relentless on defense. I think he is one of the top PG's in the State and am convinced he can be a good PG at the midmajor level. I have no idea what offers CJ holds, but I'm sure before all is said and done he will have his share of offers. CJ showed he could play up to the competetion when I saw him play with the Ballerz. The Ballerz play a rugged schedule.

John David Little....Played for the Memphis Hoopers when I saw him( I think he is from Olive Branch, close enough to TN for me). I never heard of him til this summer and after watching him I came away thinking ...WOW who is this kid. Was playing the PG postion and is a very strong player and seemed like he would go strong every time he went to the hole. Made some bullet passes. I can only go off what I seen and what I saw was that he looked stronger than most of the players he was going up against. Rarely turned the ball over. Does anybody know what offers he holds? I heard MTSU but I can't confirm.

Chris Reaves...Plays for the Nashville Celtics. I have been watching Reaves since his freshman season and he has gotten better each year. Sometimes he dominates and other times he disappears. He has the tools to play mid major...NO DOUBT. I think he made All State this past season. I think Reaves is going to have a Monster season and lead Bolivar to back to back stae appearences. I wouldn't be suprised if Bolivar wins the State. It will be tough, but it could certainly happen. I predict Bolivar will go undefeated in there District and will be the Team from Rural West TN this upcoming season..Just As DC and UC were this past season. Bolivar might win 30 games. Recruiting info on Reaves is very hard to come by. At least I can't find out anything, and I work with his aunt. Not sure what's going on on that front. Does anybody have any info on who is looking at Reaves? I know he wants to play for UT, but I don't see it happening. He is good but not SEC good. Maybe High MidMajor. I could be wrong, though.

Charles Taylor, Sam Watson, and Deonte Alexander also come to mind. This is a long post so I better let others post their thoughts an opinions. I can't wait to here what everyone thinks. If you know anything about who is recruiting who I would love to hear it

These kids stand out, just of the top of my head.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few players I have seen this spring and summer. I believe every player on the Ballerz North team has D1 talent. There are many others, this is just a few. Ive seen others, of note the Memphis Hoopers and a couple of kids from East TN . The names escape me, but one was a PG on a not so good team and he clearly showed he could play with anybody..I believe he was playing with a 17U team (I could be wrong). We all know about Buckner, Jenkins, McDonald and Hall. Let's here about the other great players form the class of 2009 that might play D1. Here are some that come to mind. I saw most of the TN AAU teams earlier this spring and have seen the top teams as well in one of the bigger events. I cannot remember all the players names, lets here em. I'm talikng class of 2009 only.

Sklar McBee....Ive seen him play three times this summer and was impressed. While not being recruited on the same level as Buckner, Hall, McDonald, and Jenkins and few others, this kid can play and flat out shoot. He made the all tournement team at the Bob Gibbons TOC (arguably the top AAU event of the summer). Played very well at the Peach Jam event and just about every AAU event the MidState Ballerz have participated in. Also played in the Pilot Rocky Top league (with and against some very very good college players). From what I gather he currently hold offers from Tulane, UAB, ETSU, MTSU, and Indiana St. Can anybody confirm these offers? Who knows, could possibly see his recruitment take off. I think he could possibly have a role at the high major level as a shooter (I haven't seen him enough to really know though). Maybe a really good scorer at the midmajor level. Bright future in my opinion.

Nathan Parker....Another MidState Baller I have seen play with McBee. Tremendous athlete and plays much bigger than his size. If he were 6'8 I think every team in te SEC would be after him. I hear some SEC schools have been showing interest but I can't confirm that... Can anyone confirm this? In my opinion he is the most talented player on the Ballerz. He was a Stud in the games I saw him play in. My understanding is he has offers from Libsomb, MTSU, ETSU, and UT Chatt. Whoever get's him is going to get a steal. The Ballerz are nationaly ranked and have made there presence known on the national level, just like they do every summer. Although they have no top 100 players.

Trey Carrouthers...Another great atlhlete whol plays for one of the other MidState Ballerz teams. First time I saw him was two years ago and I was impressed. I thought he needed to improve his ball handling. I have heard Georgia Tech had been looking at him at one time. As of right now I see no evidence Georgia Tech is serious about him. But I could be wrong. I really don't see him as an ACC player but a good midmajor prospect. Does anybody know what offers he holds? A raw talent that could make some noise with the right program, in my opinion.

CJ Crittendon....His stock was really high after his performance in the State Tournement. Was playing for a while with the top Ballerz team along with McBee and Parker (the North team I think). I haven't heard much lately on CJ. Can anyone confirm if he is still playing with the Ballerz? CJ has another gear and is super quick. I think he plays great defense, has really good handles, and get's to the hole with ease. Made some great passes and would often blow by defenders. At times it appeared he played to fast though. He was relentless on defense. I think he is one of the top PG's in the State and am convinced he can be a good PG at the midmajor level. I have no idea what offers CJ holds, but I'm sure before all is said and done he will have his share of offers. CJ showed he could play up to the competetion when I saw him play with the Ballerz. The Ballerz play a rugged schedule.

John David Little....Played for the Memphis Hoopers when I saw him( I think he is from Olive Branch, close enough to TN for me). I never heard of him til this summer and after watching him I came away thinking ...WOW who is this kid. Was playing the PG postion and is a very strong player and seemed like he would go strong every time he went to the hole. Made some bullet passes. I can only go off what I seen and what I saw was that he looked stronger than most of the players he was going up against. Rarely turned the ball over. Does anybody know what offers he holds? I heard MTSU but I can't confirm.

Chris Reaves...Plays for the Nashville Celtics. I have been watching Reaves since his freshman season and he has gotten better each year. Sometimes he dominates and other times he disappears. He has the tools to play mid major...NO DOUBT. I think he made All State this past season. I think Reaves is going to have a Monster season and lead Bolivar to back to back stae appearences. I wouldn't be suprised if Bolivar wins the State. It will be tough, but it could certainly happen. I predict Bolivar will go undefeated in there District and will be the Team from Rural West TN this upcoming season..Just As DC and UC were this past season. Bolivar might win 30 games. Recruiting info on Reaves is very hard to come by. At least I can't find out anything, and I work with his aunt. Not sure what's going on on that front. Does anybody have any info on who is looking at Reaves? I know he wants to play for UT, but I don't see it happening. He is good but not SEC good. Maybe High MidMajor. I could be wrong, though.

Charles Taylor, Sam Watson, and Deonte Alexander also come to mind. This is a long post so I better let others post their thoughts an opinions. I can't wait to here what everyone thinks. If you know anything about who is recruiting who I would love to hear it

Here is a little info on JD:

John David Little currently has offers from MTSU, Austin Peay, ETSU, UT Martin, CBU. Ole Miss, Ark ST, Murry ST are interested too

What high schoosl are these players from?

Some I have only seen play AAU some AAU and High School both. Not sure all this is right or not but I think it is.

McBee Rutledge

Parker somewhere in knoxville

Carouthers Harpeth

Crittendon Dyre County

Little Olive Brach Miss.

Reaves Bolivar

Taylor Humboldt

Watson somehwere in Knoxville

I'll tell you 2 other players that can play from this area. Definately not the best in the state but could very well make a name for theirselves. 1 being Russell Avery from Lake Co. and the other being Tevin Crayton from Humboldt. I think Tevin played with Mid-State Ballerz some. I'm not sure on who Russell played AAU with.

I believe CJ is still playing and it was the MidState Ballaz South team... and I'll see what I can find out about his scholarships/interest

I believe CJ is still playing and it was the MidState Ballaz South team... and I'll see what I can find out about his scholarships/interest

That would be greatly appreciated. I have been following CJ for most of the spring and summer. I haven't heard much lately and have been kinda out of pocket. I have been going to Hog Country (Fayetville Arkansas) on and off for the last couple of months.