Who is Rhea County's best players ever?

getusum

Randy you say the coaches screwed you over. Didnt coach ruehling and coach fitzgerald give you $300 for your housing deposit at MTSU!!! Really screwed over can't wait to tell them how you R THANKING THEM ON THE COMPUTER

I don't know about all of that, but that's the least they could do to make up for the fact that they ruined his shot at getting a college scholarship by not giving him the dang football.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about all of that, but that's the least they could do to make up for the fact that they ruined his shot at getting a college scholarship by not giving him the dang football.

I dont think they ruined his shot his play pretty much did that from what i seen.I think after talking with some former players last year they had him a couple of schools to go play for but he did not want to continue to play football

this brandon dude is trippin bein a coach is more than wins and loses its abt bein a rolemodel and makin players better people and men and sendin them off to college and they didnt do that and dang sure didnt pit people in the right spots but anyways

casey was the best safety at rhea co ever we arent talkin bout size and who went where we talkin bout who was the best and he was one

jamie pankey yes he was great who could forget him and so was greg pankey

and noone has forgotten abt my man big mac i kno i havent cuz i go to the same school and couldve played here he is a freak of nature love dat kid

joe oggs,greg edwards,freddie holloway,matt johnson,steve smith who helped break the jefferson county curse with some great catches,eddie davis,and the list goes on and onyou can name countless players who have gave there all for the R.C.

What about Josh Harris? He was a 1st Team All-State Linebacker that had 300+ tackles throughout his career at RC. He then went on to Tennessee Tech and was a 1st team All-OVC Defensive lineman and Team MVP. Thats on top of being two time 1st team All-State pick in wrestling by winning the Heavy Weight State Championship and State Runner-up the next year.

The race card and politics.......sounds like an election year.... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

As a coach, wouldn't it be the right thing to play the best players with the best attitude that gives the team a chance to win? Aren't coaching jobs determined by the W-L column?

Let's stick to the topic.......who are "notable" players in Rhea Co's long history? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

PARDON THE INTERRUPTION

As a coach you SHOULD play your best players with the best attitude and skill. I played at Rhea myself and I also have relatives that played before me and politics have always been part of the program. There isn't much of a race card to play because there aren't that many players that aren't white. Race and Politics is the American way there is no getting around it. Anytime you fill out any kind of paper work ie.. job application what is one of the first things they ask for? Race........... I can see where Randy is coming from on this but this isn't the place to talk about it...

Let's stick to the topic Randy .......

rhea co always flys under the radar because its a small town and most of the black athletes that have played there have been screwed over thats y u dont hear much abt em

BoJo Watson

YEP

What about Josh Harris? He was a 1st Team All-State Linebacker that had 300+ tackles throughout his career at RC. He then went on to Tennessee Tech and was a 1st team All-OVC Defensive lineman and Team MVP. Thats on top of being two time 1st team All-State pick in wrestling by winning the Heavy Weight State Championship and State Runner-up the next year.

yes josh harris was a stud while he was there they are so many great players you couldn't name them all. they all didnt have to go on to college to leave an impression. what about jarred mcmillion i think was his name he ran the only fumbleruskie play i can remember seeing

joe oggs,greg edwards,freddie holloway,matt johnson,steve smith who helped break the jefferson county curse with some great catches,eddie davis,and the list goes on and onyou can name countless players who have gave there all for the R.C.

yeah that smith had some wheels.still remember those catches in jefferson county game. would be interesting to see the spread offense back then with joe,will dodd,smith,and remember jeff hickey

yeah that smith had some wheels.still remember those catches in jefferson county game. would be interesting to see the spread offense back then with joe,will dodd,smith,and remember jeff hickey

i believe i know you eaglehead to many references to that smith kid with wheels if you are who i think you are that is and yes the spread dnt forget about bert mccuistion

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt about it, I was at the game and definately a shocker. I believe the 86 team was No. 1 in the USA today poll at the time.

David Douglas is a living legend.

Best Rhea County team was the 86 team. They destroyed Maryville in a scrimmage. I couldn't believe it when Halls beat them.