Who is Rhea County's best players ever?

getusum

Definitely agree here. Josh was dominant on offense and Defense and would have likely been an SEC guy if he would have been a couple inches taller. Many players from the mid 90's are easily forgotten based upon average team performance after the end of the Horton era. Jeremy Fitzgerald was great in High School. Eric Moody and Andy Johnson were both 3 year 2-way starters who gained many accolades and signed full rides with I-AA schools - UTC and Tn Tech maybe. No doubt the best players came from the 80's.

What about Josh Harris? He was a 1st Team All-State Linebacker that had 300+ tackles throughout his career at RC. He then went on to Tennessee Tech and was a 1st team All-OVC Defensive lineman and Team MVP. Thats on top of being two time 1st team All-State pick in wrestling by winning the Heavy Weight State Championship and State Runner-up the next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No supporting cast? Rhea county had the most explosive offense in school history in the 98' football. Just to name a few: Courtney "coco" Taylor over 800 yards recieving 7 td receptons and set 2 school records in his first and only season at the school. Also led the team in interception and deflections in defense, was dangerous on special teams too.(3 tds) Had a game winning interception against soddy daisy, the best interception return in school history. i could keep going on forever about this kid. Marcus Pendergrass probably one of the best safties in the state, I also have never seen a running back run as hard as him. Put these guys in another school, and the D1 offers would've came.

Yea they were good, I played against them that year and they were good. They also had a TB named Cooper that was good too, Coco Taylor ran a kick back against us also. We did drill Coco and the rest of the Eagles in Basketball that year though.