Extreme Heat

BigBoy50

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Core, I wasn't saying that the way it was done then was better. Just merely stating that was the way it was done...for many many years. Not just a few coaches but all coaches...everywhere. It only changed recently. Maybe the past 10 years...not even. Did you not see the movie about "Bear Bryant"? My coaches may not have been that successful but they were just like that. It's the way it was. You must be a product of the 90's to have missed that.

I guess 95 is hotter now than in 1971.

The summer of 1978 is when the Tribe turned the water loose . Before that it was 1 dixie cup full once in the middle of practice . ouch !

And you NEVER heard of a HEAT RELATED death in high school, college or pro in the 70's...Well, at least I DIDN"T...One thing I read was that alot of these pro players that are dying from heat related illness....are TAKING SUPPLEMENTS....And if you read the directions...TAKING SUPPLEMENTS and HEAT don't mix....I remember practicing and getting NO WATER until the end of practice...Your mouth would be SO DRY....YOUR MOUTH PIECE WOULD BE CUTTING THE CORNERS OF YOUR MOUTH...That's just the way ALL COACHES THOUGHT BACK THEN...They thought "a lack of water made you tougher"....And today's kids AREN"T NEAR AS TOUGH....They might be BIGGER AND STRONGER....but when was the last time you heard a kid get in trouble because HE WOULDN"T SHUT UP ABOUT GOING OUTSIDE TO PLAY....You know your mother had chores for you to do...And you wanted to go outside and play...We stayed outside and played football....when football was over...we played basketball...when basketball was over we played baseball then when baseball was over we went RIGHT BACK TO FOOTBALL...Year around....We rode bikes everywhere...All these kids want to do today is play XBOX 360 and TEXT ON A DANG CELLPHONE....They aren't as tough as we were...Hauling hay, mowing yards, helping cut wood,..."They wouldn't survive"....

And you NEVER heard of a HEAT RELATED death in high school, college or pro in the 70's...Well, at least I DIDN"T...One thing I read was that alot of these pro players that are dying from heat related illness....are TAKING SUPPLEMENTS....And if you read the directions...TAKING SUPPLEMENTS and HEAT don't mix....I remember practicing and getting NO WATER until the end of practice...Your mouth would be SO DRY....YOUR MOUTH PIECE WOULD BE CUTTING THE CORNERS OF YOUR MOUTH...That's just the way ALL COACHES THOUGHT BACK THEN...They thought "a lack of water made you tougher"....And today's kids AREN"T NEAR AS TOUGH....They might be BIGGER AND STRONGER....but when was the last time you heard a kid get in trouble because HE WOULDN"T SHUT UP ABOUT GOING OUTSIDE TO PLAY....You know your mother had chores for you to do...And you wanted to go outside and play...We stayed outside and played football....when football was over...we played baseball...when baseball was over we went RIGHT BACK TO FOOTBALL...Year around....We rode bikes everywhere...All these kids want to do today is play XBOX 360 and TEXT ON A DANG CELLPHONE....They aren't as tough as we were...Hauling hay, mowing yards, helping cut wood,..."They wouldn't survive"....

Amen! I slept more in a sleeping bag and a lean-to than I did in a bed.

I agree with all of that, still ignorance was oh so blissful back in the day. We didn't know better. You also never heard of kids dying with enlarged hearts and all that back in the day or maybe it just wasn't as widely reported. The average lineman weighed what, 190#? Probably less.

You know it--Brilliant---but you can't blame the fact that you are an idiot and a punk on that /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

an idiot and a punk, but also "Brilliant". Thats not just something you see on every street corner.

Hey did you here about the 2006 game between DB & South ?

DB - FORTY FOUR

SOUTH - ZERO