Whats the ruling

HSDAD

What is the ruling about a team getting together preseason?

Can they meet with their coach @ a location off campus to practice?

Can they go to another school and practice with that schools coach

while that school practices with your coach?

Can they practice on their own @ their school without instruction from

their school coach?

Can another person who is not a TSSAA coach conduct practice/camp @ their school?

According to TSSAA, last full week of Aug. thru Nov. 1 is open facilities

Does this mean that kids could get on the mat without instruction from their school

coaches?? Could a relative/friend (Not a coach), come and help the boys during this

open facilities time frame??

What is the ruling about a team getting together preseason?

Can they meet with their coach @ a location off campus to practice?

Can they go to another school and practice with that schools coach

while that school practices with your coach?

Can they practice on their own @ their school without instruction from

their school coach?

Can another person who is not a TSSAA coach conduct practice/camp @ their school?

According to TSSAA, last full week of Aug. thru Nov. 1 is open facilities

Does this mean that kids could get on the mat without instruction from their school

coaches?? Could a relative/friend (Not a coach), come and help the boys during this

open facilities time frame??

I believe that from the last week of Aug til Nov 1 high schoolers are not allowed to wrestle at all on any wrestling mats on school property with or without a coach, parent, or friend..... but can condition...... ie. stretching, weight lifting, running with anyone but a school appointed coach (teacher).

Not for sure but high schoolers can practice with a club team off school property without their high school coaches present.

Am I wrong????

I thought that I saw something in the paper last year about Brentwood

wrestling sometime during open facilities. Picture of wrestlers on mat

was also part of the article?? Their coach was present, but did not instruct??

Am I wrong??

I think the rule reads that on August 19th, that you can condition and weight lift, but the coach can not introduce any wrestling. The program has to be a generic program that could benefit all students, but I was also in the understanding that it was also free wrestle, but the coach can not take part in any coaching, supervision with weightlifting and conditioning only. We talked about this rule last year and it stated nothing about someone else showing moves, only that the coaches can not teach wrestling until Oct 27th.

I think the rule reads that on August 19th, that you can condition and weight lift, but the coach can not introduce any wrestling. The program has to be a generic program that could benefit all students, but I was also in the understanding that it was also free wrestle, but the coach can not take part in any coaching, supervision with weightlifting and conditioning only. We talked about this rule last year and it stated nothing about someone else showing moves, only that the coaches can not teach wrestling until Oct 27th.

Free wrestle? Now we are getting somewhere. I remember the brentwood article.

I would like more input. Does any one remember anything about this?

Tnko, I think you did a pretty good job there. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

HSDAD--- if noonesfool said I was on, theres really no more insight /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

HSDAD--- if noonesfool said I was on, theres really no more insight /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Wrestling

Monday, week of August 1 until

Monday, last full week of August....................................................DEAD PERIOD

Monday, last full week of August until

Monday, week of November 1.......................................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice.

Monday, week of November 1.......................................................First Practice Date. Must practice 3 days before preseason

scrimmages. Maximum of 4 preseason scrimmages or 2 preseason dates, or 1 date and 2 scrimmages.

Monday, 12 weeks prior to the State Wr Tournament....................Date of First Contest. Eligibility and schedule must be

filed online.

Maximum number of regular season contests...............................18 Dates. Maximum of 4 individual wrestling tournaments

End of season until completion

of 3 weeks (21 consecutive days)..................................................DEAD PERIOD

End of Dead Period until end of school..........................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice.

End of school until summer Dead Period.......................................15 days of practice, 10 of which may involve practice

with another school(s).

Week preceding July 4 and week of July 4....................................SUMMER DEAD PERIOD

End of Summer Dead Period until Monday, week of August 1.......Weight training/conditioning permitted.

No open facilities. No practice.

so you can have open facilities

Wrestling

Monday, week of August 1 until

Monday, last full week of August....................................................DEAD PERIOD

Monday, last full week of August until

Monday, week of November 1.......................................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice.

Monday, week of November 1.......................................................First Practice Date. Must practice 3 days before preseason

scrimmages. Maximum of 4 preseason scrimmages or 2 preseason dates, or 1 date and 2 scrimmages.

Monday, 12 weeks prior to the State Wr Tournament....................Date of First Contest. Eligibility and schedule must be

filed online.

Maximum number of regular season contests...............................18 Dates. Maximum of 4 individual wrestling tournaments

End of season until completion

of 3 weeks (21 consecutive days)..................................................DEAD PERIOD

End of Dead Period until end of school..........................................Weight training/conditioning/open facilities permitted.

No practice.

End of school until summer Dead Period.......................................15 days of practice, 10 of which may involve practice

with another school(s).

Week preceding July 4 and week of July 4....................................SUMMER DEAD PERIOD

End of Summer Dead Period until Monday, week of August 1.......Weight training/conditioning permitted.

No open facilities. No practice.

so you can have open facilities

it would take superman to show the TNKO up /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> ... showoff