3A Information Thread

The General

Ok creekbankfan, I'm from Hartsville too. It is time to close the mouth about our jackets. All your doing is getting everyone else pumped up and wanting to take their anger out on our team. You're certainly not helping the situation in Hartsville running your mouth about how we are going to run all over every team on our way to the state. It's not gonna work out that way. I believe that we'll have a good season but it's too early to tell. Only GOD ALMIGHTY knows what will happen so everyone else from hartsville doesn't want to hear your predictions on the upcoming season. It's a different season from last year and everyone's equal right now. So if you really care about the team, quit talking the jive. And if you're not from Hartsville, quit trying to start something about the team. No one who knows about the team and cares about the program wants to endanger the success of this year's season. Give us a chance.

Guest SShawksfan

Here's alittle bet about southside. They Have a returning QB Jason towater He's a good running qb but not a great passer. Rushed for over 600 yards last season as a Soph. They lost both Backs & Wr to grad. Not sure who will take there place. Line is solid. Defence is losing a few but should be good against the run. They are ayear away from being real good. They have a hard sech. again this year. Went 4-6 last year but Beat Mashshall co(8-2 i think)in the first round and almost beat Crocket co(state runners up) lost by 2 points. Look for them to better there rec. (6-4) 2nd in the region and make a run at 2 or 3rd round. Good luck to all the #a teams!

Update on AE. Went to their practice and very impressed with their organization at practice. Their practices are intense and structured. This is an improvement over the years. I think Stevens finally considers AE a program. One thing I noticed this year is they finish on time. Back in the past Stevens would keep his kids until they got it right. I noticed that he has kind of stepped back and let his coaches earn their check. I was really impressed them. O.K. the good stuff. Swamp get ready!!! AE offense

Offense - This is the big question for this team. The spring an offense was nearly nonexistent. One of the reason was injuries ( Jeff Phillips QB). The other was a totally new offensive line. Stevens revamped the O-Line with RB and TE wannabees. Their O-line has geatly improved. Also a transfer who moved to the school should help. Should be just as big as 2001 but a lot more atheletic. They are going to need time to gel and that is why Stevens booked such a tough pre-season in scrimmages (Maryville, East Ridge, Soddy Daisy, Greeneville, Seymour, and Central). The Whitley County, Ky game fell through so that gives them a week to complete their arrival as a unit.

OL - Darryl "Fats" Minor should be one of the best in the state if not the south if healthy.

RB's - A lot of depth. Rocky Jackson a 3 year starter is back from the season ending injury he suffered the first game last year. Mike Brown is a power pack.

WR- HAs to be one of the deepest position in the state. Coach graham and Speas has a stable of WR's. Jerome Inside Perspective) asked him who will be his starters Graham honestly said I don't have a clue. He is filming his practices to help him eliminate some WR. He told me that competition makes them better. No one lacks intensity in practice ever. He said, that even when their sick or injured with bruises and bumps they still come to practice. They know that one day you are a starter and then you miss. All of a sudden you will be third team. No Joke. Reggie Jones and Cory Kennebrew will be the most advertised. Great speed, hands, size and stregnth. But super Sophs Albert Harris, Elliot Bishop, and kelvon Yancey will turn some heads. Watch Out for freshman sensation Maurice Davis (6'2 175 10.85 100 meters), he is next level. Graham named 12 to compete for 6 WR spots in the rotation. BUT!!!! they have to be able to get the ball. QB Jeff Phillips has a stronger arm than Curry but not the touch or footwork yet at QB. He will be a threat to run a lot more than Curry. He is like Mark Andrew but has a stronger arm and alot faster. But like the O-line "great talent but Green".

This is part one to AE information. I will scout their defense and put it on later post to this thread.

[Edited by boorelly on 8/2/02 1:47P]

I heard from one booster today that Kingston looked "okay" in their Bearden scrimmage. Their line looks to be much improved, although he questioned whether or not Kingston had a prime-time running back. (Personally, I'll be glad to give up Givens speed for the sake of a power back, since Kingston runs a power offense!)

[Edited by swamp on 8-4-02 4:01P]

Posted by boorelly:

Update on AE. Went to their practice and very impressed with their organization at practice. Their practices are intense and structured. This is an improvement over the years. I think Stevens finally considers AE a program. One thing I noticed this year is they finish on time. Back in the past Stevens would keep his kids until they got it right. I noticed that he has kind of stepped back and let his coaches earn their check. I was really impressed them. O.K. the good stuff. Swamp get ready!!! AE offense

Offense - This is the big question for this team. The spring an offense was nearly nonexistent. One of the reason was injuries ( Jeff Phillips QB). The other was a totally new offensive line. Stevens revamped the O-Line with RB and TE wannabees. Their O-line has geatly improved. Also a transfer who moved to the school should help. Should be just as big as 2001 but a lot more atheletic. They are going to need time to gel and that is why Stevens booked such a tough pre-season in scrimmages (Maryville, East Ridge, Soddy Daisy, Greeneville, Seymour, and Central). The Whitley County, Ky game fell through so that gives them a week to complete their arrival as a unit.

OL - Darryl "Fats" Minor should be one of the best in the state if not the south if healthy.

RB's - A lot of depth. Rocky Jackson a 3 year starter is back from the season ending injury he suffered the first game last year. Mike Brown is a power pack.

WR- HAs to be one of the deepest position in the state. Coach graham and Speas has a stable of WR's. Jerome Inside Perspective) asked him who will be his starters Graham honestly said I don't have a clue. He is filming his practices to help him eliminate some WR. He told me that competition makes them better. No one lacks intensity in practice ever. He said, that even when their sick or injured with bruises and bumps they still come to practice. They know that one day you are a starter and then you miss. All of a sudden you will be third team. No Joke. Reggie Jones and Cory Kennebrew will be the most advertised. Great speed, hands, size and stregnth. But super Sophs Albert Harris, Elliot Bishop, and kelvon Yancey will turn some heads. Watch Out for freshman sensation Maurice Davis (6'2 175 10.85 100 meters), he is next level. Graham named 12 to compete for 6 WR spots in the rotation. BUT!!!! they have to be able to get the ball. QB Jeff Phillips has a stronger arm than Curry but not the touch or footwork yet at QB. He will be a threat to run a lot more than Curry. He is like Mark Andrew but has a stronger arm and alot faster. But like the O-line "great talent but Green".

This is part one to AE information. I will scout their defense and put it on later post to this thread.

[Edited by boorelly on 8/2/02 1:47P]

"WE READY WE READY WE READY" Hey, Boorelly, don't forget about me. I'm looking forward to Jeff being the QB. I know if he can't do it, my boy Mini will be able to come off the pine and "Do the darn thing". I can't wait until September 6. Fulton better watch out. Go AE!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all AE beat Soddy Daisy 14-7 (7 on a questionable Offensvie pass interference call in the end zone). Tied Maryville 14-14. AE scored on its first possession and stopped maryville on its first possession. A lot of Maryville fans, I want say a lot but someof Maryville fan will get on the line and bash AE. Both teams made plays when needed. MHS is very consistent. Great QB. Hopefully some of Maryville fans will be realistic and insightful. Thank God Coach Brooks ( son plays for Maryville) was. The scrimmage was like the Sugar Ray Leonard - Marvelous Marvin Hagler fight. There was no real winner or loser.