Signal Mountain Scrimmage

SPLITBACK

6-0 with one touchdown or six touchdowns to none?

I think it was 7 touchdowns not 6.

It’s important to remember this was a scrimmage but the Eagles looked very good. On offense they were hitting on all cylinders. They scored touchdowns on every possession (7) and most times it looked easy. The defense looked good too and didn’t give up a single point. Whitwell failed to get a first down on a few possessions and didn’t make it across 50 on most.

My hope is Whitwell is better than the Eagles made them look. I guess this Fridays scrimmage at Grace will give us a better idea where the Eagles are right now.

But I can say Coach Price has defiantly got them playing very well at this very early stage.

Oh, there were probably 150+ people there to watch a scrimmage.

It's important to remember this was a scrimmage but the Eagles looked very good. On offense they were hitting on all cylinders. They scored touchdowns on every possession (7) and most times it looked easy. The defense looked good too and didn't give up a single point. Whitwell failed to get a first down on a few possessions and didn't make it across 50 on most.

My hope is Whitwell is better than the Eagles made them look. I guess this Fridays scrimmage at Grace will give us a better idea where the Eagles are right now.

But I can say Coach Price has defiantly got them playing very well at this very early stage.

Oh, there were probably 150+ people there to watch a scrimmage.

Please somebody tell me that Whitwell was playing there Jr. Varsity players.Because I was told Signal doesnt even have Seniors. I know Whitwell isnt the creme of the crop but please!!!!!!!!They are a starter program and I was thinking they were playing a Jr. Varsity schedule?????????

You are correct it was 7 and I agree with the comment by one poster that the Tigers looked uninspired. I didn't expect the Tigers to be world beaters, but I did expect them to hustle and play together. This was an embarrassing performance by the Tigers. These new Tiger coaches better get to work or its going to be a longgggggggg year!

You have to remember that we lost a lot of players from last year's team and we are a young team as well. We are also just getting to learn new system under new coaches. We wont be state champions but we will be alright given enough time. Learn from it and then put it behind you tigers. Good luck guys the rest of the way. By the way WLS were you there friday. Dont give up on this team so quick.

Old Pirate wouldn't worry much about a scrimmage, except for lack of effort. OP reported months ago that Signal Mtn would not be the typical up start new school. Coaches have done a good job of pulling players from a huge area to play. OP believes there will be some fire works before all the dust settles. Chatt gossip is some programs are rather upset with some contacts and travel arrangements. Then again...........question......would any school in Chatt do anything e....legal..........Nah............ we all know some of the privates have practiced questionable tactics for years...................OP hopes the new public school gives a little pay back. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

One has to remember there is a price to pay for ALL things! All...... beware!

The way I see it Coach Taylor got what he wanted. He found out what his team needed to work on. He could have scrimaged someone like Jasper and beat the fool out of them and not been any better for it. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> They are a young team, young staff, They have one coach from Alabama crying out loud, been working through that for years. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> No, all jokes aside, this team will improve. Taylor and Brady have been there before, probably will be again. All that can be done is focus on the now, STAY POSITIVE, and try to get better every day. All this talk almost makes me want to come out of retirement, for 20 million I will stayed retired.