ensworth

overseascoach

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a student, or a parent of a student, you should do some additional research before the college application process begins. Lumping in all those "party schools" together is not representative of the relative quality of the institutions, nor is it representative of the admissions standards.

In the latest US News & World Report rankings of National Universities, Wisconsin was #35, Florida #49, Alabama #83, and Tennessee #105. Not that rankings are everything, but if your assumption is that a student can screw around in high school and still get into a Wisconsin or a Florida, that would be a big mistake. Unless you are a Division 1 recruited athlete, it takes a 3.8 GPA or better, as well as very good (I'm talking 30+ ACT, or 1950+ SAT) test scores to get in to those schools.

When they get there, I'm certain there will be good parties as well!

Brentwood High is an excellent school, BTW, and they certainly have their share or more of graduates going to the top universities.

2007 University report 78 percent that applied to UT got in,,, by the way UCLA ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!

Wait, wait, I thought this website was about high school football? Not high school academics?

That's what I thought . . . but some people keep talking about tuba and flute players . . . neither of whom I've ever seen win a football game. Football players who are musicians usually play the guitar or way down deep in South - the fiddle - or if in Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, or NE Tennesse - the fiddle or banjo.

Anyway, I'm with ya, several of these posts are exhausting. Everybody has to play with what they got. If you don't have what others got - you have two choices: Either out coach them - OR - don't ever schedule them again. If they are in your region and you can't do the latter - you better figure out a way to do the first (and you can). There is always at least on glaring weakness in a high school team. If you are a good coach: FIND IT AND EXPLOIT IT.